HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VizBizTas View Post
Hi all, looking for a great long range FPV plane. I have a x8 wing, so looking for a conventional air frame like a skywalker or a FPV 186. I am asking the question here, as we all use dragonlinks for LR, and therefore a good place to ask.

I don't want to have to set up a bungee, and hand launching would be best.

Cheers
I think you answered your own question , the Skywalker in my opinion is the best FPV plane , the FPV 186 is just the same plane but , covered . But the epp Skywalker version is best for me .
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:44 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2005
301 Posts
How about the new Penguin from Readymade RC?

Paul
ppridday is offline Find More Posts by ppridday
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
202 Posts
Thanks - looked at the penguin, but the skywalker has a config file for my apm.

Epo, epp or fiberglass....?

Cheers
VizBizTas is offline Find More Posts by VizBizTas
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Crashing is my thing.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
1,582 Posts
Just got my second hand DL V2 system up and running, bench tested it and it seems like it's working. However, I don't think I'm on the latest firmware, as I don't get the yellow LED to bind; I hold for about 4 seconds and get a flashing green LED to bind. Bind works fine doing this and I have full control. I also don't know how to get micropower mode...

Does this mean I'm on older firmware? Is there any major drawbacks to this firmware? Is the cable available for user updating?

Super excited to try this system out. Was also a breeze to hookup to my DX6i (got a 9x ready to be modded for it when I get a chance). Well, besides having to do 3 ID changes before getting a bind...
MayMayDay is online now Find More Posts by MayMayDay
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
730 Posts
hi, im running a dragon link v2 and just bought fatshark attitude goggles and they are connected to eagleyes and 2 lawmate rx via rca cables - vtx is LM 1w . im noticing a rolling picture when dl is on full power stood 4 feet away but is okay if i move a bit. what is this likely to be ?

thanks
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
hi, im running a dragon link v2 and just bought fatshark attitude goggles and they are connected to eagleyes and 2 lawmate rx via rca cables - vtx is LM 1w . im noticing a rolling picture when dl is on full power stood 4 feet away but is okay if i move a bit. what is this likely to be ?

thanks
Anytime you place a tx of any band very close to a receiver, you overload the receiver-also known as "swamping" it. The solution (as you noticed) is to move a couple feet away, or if that's not possible, install a filter on the rx.
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
New Zealand, Tasman, Kahurangi National Park
Joined Oct 2012
47 Posts
TO Mike, ( jetpilot), I have PM you regarding tracking number for DL. It hasnt arrived yet and getting a bit concerned
Thanks
Noah58 is online now Find More Posts by Noah58
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday View Post
How about the new Penguin from Readymade RC?

Paul
I fly the penguin and it's great. Tons of room inside and its a simple build. This is my first FPV plane so I can't comment on the others. My only negative comment is that the elevator control horn is so close to the ground some people have damaged it when landing in the grass. I heard of one guy that moved it and the control rod to the top of the stabilizer.

I would definitly give the penguin a thumbs up.

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
726 Posts
Just move the horn on top, works great and is easy to do.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Buderim
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
If you have Versoin 2, I can sell you the HT cord. Just send 5 dollars to www.dragonlinklabs.com via paypal and I will get it right to you !

Mike
Hi Mike I'm having the same issue trying to hook up my Dominators to my Dl, I'm in Australia will there be extra for frieght?, will send the $5 now and will forward frieght if required. Thanks
Yours truly John
Jwilly00 is offline Find More Posts by Jwilly00
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Buderim
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilly00 View Post
Hi Mike I'm having the same issue trying to hook up my Dominators to my Dl, I'm in Australia will there be extra for frieght?, will send the $5 now and will forward frieght if required. Thanks
Yours truly John
Hi Mike
I decided to make it a bit more worth while to ship the lead and ordered another receiver, both payments via PayPal. Thanks John
Jwilly00 is offline Find More Posts by Jwilly00
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 PM
also known as ke123
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
I have the exact same RMRC Rx w/ SAW. I still get interference from the DL when pushing the limit of my range. Try that same experiment without the VRx antenna in place. Move the VTx away from the VRx until the reception starts to get poor. Now turn on your DL on high and you will see the horizontal banding. The DL still needs another low pass filter, or it will limit your video range.
IBCrazy just posted a thread on how to build an easy notch filter for the DragonLink to prevent this interference.
Mike, your product is awesome, but the filtering is not quite perfect yet.
Iskess - i'm still waiting for my order from rmrc with the low pass filter for 433mhz... But I'll let you know if it works. I have heard that actually it is 433mhz signal itself getting picked up by the metal case of the digital receiver that causes the video distortion.

I've been told you can just remove the metal part of the case. I might try building one out of acrylic if it turns out the Lp filter doesn't help.

I will definitely report back about it here

Cheers
Kris
krise is online now Find More Posts by krise
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:16 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,382 Posts
dl rx v1

Can I still buy a DL Rx v1?
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Can I still buy a DL Rx v1?
No but you can buy a V2 12 channel receiver with V1 firmware that will work with your Dl V1.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:34 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krise View Post
Iskess - i'm still waiting for my order from rmrc with the low pass filter for 433mhz... But I'll let you know if it works. I have heard that actually it is 433mhz signal itself getting picked up by the metal case of the digital receiver that causes the video distortion.

I've been told you can just remove the metal part of the case. I might try building one out of acrylic if it turns out the Lp filter doesn't help.

I will definitely report back about it here

Cheers
Kris
I tried to ground the case as IBCrazy suggested but it didn't work. Check out this post. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23238925
Keep in mind, this was a mod to my Racewood Rx which gets terrible UHF interference. My RMRC Rx looks identical inside and out, but they must have done some mod because it is much better. I still get the interference at the edge of my range though.
Let me know if the low pass filter works for you.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess