HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:39 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
How would you like 2 more channels for your DRAGON LINK?

So, I've been selling various hobby widgets since a few months ago, and one thing I see is people asking for more channels from their DragonLink. If I made a device (plug and play) to plug into the DragonLink's Headtracker port to add two more channels, would anyone be interested? This could be used for a camera gimbals, shutter, quick release, etc.

Possible options include:
* A button
* 3+ position toggle switch
* Potentiometer
* Joystick

I could also do a firmware update for the DragonLink which would allow for more channels if there is interest in this.

Feedback.... Please!
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:28 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post

So, I've been selling various hobby widgets since a few months ago, and one thing I see is people asking for more channels from their DragonLink. If I made a device (plug and play) to plug into the DragonLink's Headtracker port to add two more channels, would anyone be interested? This could be used for a camera gimbals, shutter, quick release, etc.

* A button
* Potentiometer
* Joystick

I could also do a firmware update for the DragonLink which would allow for more channels if there is interest in this.

Feedback.... Please!
Im interested !!! I need more channels in my plane to activate the rocket booster pack

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:59 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
460 Posts
im in, always interested in more goodies
angry is offline Find More Posts by angry
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,609 Posts
My Tx only has one 3-way switch. It's not been an issue for me, but having the option on connecting an additional 3-way via the DL could come in handy...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:30 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
277 Posts
Chris,

I would definitely be interested. Keep us informed on capability/price. I'm always looking to increase capability.

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:36 PM
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
I'll do the schematic tomorrow probably.

I do need some feedback on what kind of controls you guys would like to see, 2 pots? 1 pot and a switch? 2 switches?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:07 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,271 Posts
Quote:

* A button
* Potentiometer
* Joystick

Feedback.... Please!
On mine I mount a channel wizard between radio and DL :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1576877

My set up here :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=151

Cedric
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:09 AM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
632 Posts
2 pots for a pan tilt joystick .
Beerwiser is offline Find More Posts by Beerwiser
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:26 AM
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
2 pots for a pan tilt joystick .
So in my conversation with Mike on this, he suggested only one pot and a toggle, the reason being is that you may not have more than a hand free to use a joystick.

if this were a simple PCB, where would you mount it and what would you guys want to use it for? For a camera mount I Feel like two pots would be a lot more useful than just a pot and a toggle.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
So in my conversation with Mike on this, he suggested only one pot and a toggle, the reason being is that you may not have more than a hand free to use a joystick.

if this were a simple PCB, where would you mount it and what would you guys want to use it for? For a camera mount I Feel like two pots would be a lot more useful than just a pot and a toggle.
Perhaps a springy joystick, that control directio rather than position, and a 'back to center' pushbutton.?
amba is online now Find More Posts by amba
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Hey Guys,

I bought my DL in June of 2012... how do I find out what version I have?

Thanks
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:03 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Hey Guys,

I bought my DL in June of 2012... how do I find out what version I have?

Thanks
That is version 2 system. Your firmware is an older version though. The latest, greatest firmware was released on early 1 October 2012, this is the version that just got everything perfect

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:17 AM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Oct 2007
19 Posts
Hello All,
I am having having issues setting up my head tracker (bevrc sky-eye). I used it with a chainlink before, without any issues.

This is a 3-axis tracker, setup to channels 7,8 and 9. I am connecting the 3 wires from the tracker (signal,+V,Ground ) in the track port of the dragonlink receiver.
The Head tracker led lits up. At this point I do the binding, but it seems like the transmitter does not detect the signal from the head tracker.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening?
Thanks!
Alvinho
alvinho is offline Find More Posts by alvinho
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:34 AM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Order place! I'm pumped!

naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quickpix
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
A9 with DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Nexstarselect,

Yes, it works directly with the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. That's what I'm using. The DragonLinkTX module comes with a plug, you just insert the pins in the proper order and plug it into the pins coming out of the back of radio where your Hitec module normally goes. You have to remove the old module. I just use a couple strips of black velcro to attach my TX module to the back of the Aurora, which makes it super easy to swap modules any time.
Howdy
On your recommendation I bought an Aurora 9 to use with my Dragon Link.
It has been nothing but trouble.
Hitec Aurora 9/Dragon Link = Slow and jerky control surface movement problem (1 min 32 sec)
The first DL worked with a Turnigy 9x but this is it on the A9

http://youtu.be/WBw464uUOZQ This is the replacement DL I received a couple of days ago. I doesn't do anything even after extensive calibration attempts. My next step is to send the A9 - & DL tx & rx to Chris???
How did you get yours to work? Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Wire connections --- Orange, red, brown left to right starting with the first left pin. CORRECT
Thanks
Dick
quickpix is offline Find More Posts by quickpix