HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,715 Posts
WIN A COMPLETE DRAGON LINK SYSTEM

Its time for another contest to Win a compete Dragon LInk system !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link System

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link system... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest. We will be checking for cheating. Videos without the appropriate number of " Likes ", and comments will be disqualified.

5. The video must actually be an FPV video, flown with a Dragon Link system.

6. Videos must be posted on Monday, 5 November 2012 or LATER to qualify for this contest.

7. The first video that gets to 10,000 total views wins, no matter how long it takes... First one to beat 10,000 views and makes the claim wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one gets to 10,000 views first ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Nov 05, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:24 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
No worries Dan, we plan to be around and making Dragon LInk for a very long time to come The voltage for the TX can be anything from about 6 to 20 volts.

Mike
Ding! Because my DX5e runs on 6v... I'll have to test it to make sure that it works first if I get DragonLink. Might be a better idea to power it off of a 3S or something though.

Quote:
WIN A COMPLETE DRAGON LINK SYSTEM

Its time for another contest to Win a compete Dragon LInk system !!!
haHAA! Sounds good

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Jun 2010
531 Posts
I was having trouble setting up my DSOD+ so I took the wrap back off. I use to have it working perfectly in a plane and it's just been sitting. Here's the result. Look at the bottom right hand corner, I don't know what it is but a little black thing fell into my hand when I took off the wrap, looks like I have no way to replace it or put it back on...any ideas? If I have to buy a new board I think I may just go with skylark, I had high hopes for this thing and have the xalator and FY30a, baro, updated GPS and everything...this sucks...

squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:33 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Ding! Because my DX5e runs on 6v... I'll have to test it to make sure that it works first if I get DragonLink. Might be a better idea to power it off of a 3S or something though.

Dan
6 Volts is absaloute minimum... I would not recommend this as if it goes below 6 volts, you might have some problems. I recommend using an external LIPO, those 4 AA battery systems just dont put out enough power to last long. Replacing AA batteries would get expensive real quick.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654 View Post
I was having trouble setting up my DSOD+ so I took the wrap back off. I use to have it working perfectly in a plane and it's just been sitting. Here's the result. Look at the bottom right hand corner, I don't know what it is but a little black thing fell into my hand when I took off the wrap, looks like I have no way to replace it or put it back on...any ideas? If I have to buy a new board I think I may just go with skylark, I had high hopes for this thing and have the xalator and FY30a, baro, updated GPS and everything...this sucks...

That can be easily fixed !!! Its just a matter of soldering a new inductor on there.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:35 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,568 Posts
Quote:
6 Volts is absaloute minimum... I would not recommend this as if it goes below 6 volts, you might have some problems. I recommend using an external LIPO, those 4 AA battery systems just dont put out enough power to last long. Replacing AA batteries would get expensive real quick.

Mike
Yeah, a 3S could be used

I don't get the point of the contest. Why win a DragonLink if you already have and fly with DragonLink?
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Jun 2010
531 Posts
Quote:
That can be easily fixed !!! Its just a matter of soldering a new inductor on there.

Mike
Do you have a link to what I need, it's marked "150" and I need to know which way the dot goes too..I guess I can look for pictures...How much would you guys charge me to solder a new one on and check out my board?

Maybe I can pick one up at Frys...
Last edited by squishy654; Nov 05, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:13 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Wow, the connector boards are in quite the demand. I am ordering more materials to build more ASAP. If you'd like one or more of these boards, please PM me.

chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
202 Posts
Seems I can't run my 3d telemetry radio and dragon link at the same time - I know they are both 433... Any one else had this issue?

The dragon link kills the telemetry link, and the telemetry link makes the blue status light flash.... Don't think I would try to fly like this - thoughts?
VizBizTas is offline Find More Posts by VizBizTas
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:54 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VizBizTas View Post
Seems I can't run my 3d telemetry radio and dragon link at the same time - I know they are both 433... Any one else had this issue?

The dragon link kills the telemetry link, and the telemetry link makes the blue status light flash.... Don't think I would try to fly like this - thoughts?
Ouch. This is kind of unusual, but it can happen. First off, try an ID change, second of all, what TLM system are you using? Is it possible it's an issue with noise on the power lines?
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:20 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654 View Post
Do you have a link to what I need, it's marked "150" and I need to know which way the dot goes too..I guess I can look for pictures...How much would you guys charge me to solder a new one on and check out my board?

Maybe I can pick one up at Frys...
Bring it over with a beer and I'll solder it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
Ouch. This is kind of unusual, but it can happen. First off, try an ID change, second of all, what TLM system are you using? Is it possible it's an issue with noise on the power lines?
So 433 telemetry can work with DL?

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
My Video for the contest
FPV South Africa - Testing Dragonlink UHF system (4 min 57 sec)
willieprinsloo is offline Find More Posts by willieprinsloo
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Jun 2010
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by truglodite View Post
bring it over with a beer and i'll solder it for you.

kev
deal!!
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
23 Posts
Chasing a train for the contest.
Flown With Dragon Link (1 min 42 sec)
korayyildiz is offline Find More Posts by korayyildiz
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Entry for free DL
2 mile w Deep Reaper Flown with Dragon Link V2 (6 min 54 sec)
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Last edited by bankheadrc; Nov 06, 2012 at 07:07 AM.