SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:22 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,460 Posts
Thanks for answering my messages Mike.

I also received the receivers today, it arrived faster than I have anticipated.

Really appreciate the help. I've been a dragonlink user since the V1 and and since moved over to the V2 and never had a problem.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,317 Posts
Never had any issues with D1 and the v2 works great, simple to setup. Just turn the plane on and fly...
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
depending on how daring you are... you can open your remote and put an off switch on the 2.4ghz... (I did that to my FrSky module so i can remove the Antenna when using DL)
Thanks! But no, I am not daring quite yet, I do love this remote

Thanks again for all the good advices!
Juninou is offline Find More Posts by Juninou
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:48 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykmethodz View Post
thanks- could somebody link me to the MIG head tracker cable for dragon link. Not the MIG FUTABA trainer cable. I can't find it on hobbyking as recommended:/

Thanks

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20650

if you meant the HT to DRAGONLINK HT port , i dont think dragonlink has released them yet , someone else will pipe in im sure.
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
[QUOTE=Juninou[/QUOTE]

The futaba 8fg buildin 2.4g tx can be switch off when boot-up. And the ppm will still work for DL.
Cheers
Thomas.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadine View Post
The futaba 8fg buildin 2.4g tx can be switch off when boot-up. And the ppm will still work for DL.
Cheers
Thomas.
Good to know! Thanks for the input!
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Cheers
Thomas.

Awesome!!! So... Would you by any chance know how to do that?
Thanks again for the tip!!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Aug 2008
208 Posts
When you power up with the throttle above idle you Will get a prompt asking if you want to transmit or not. Just select no. Can also be done in the menu. Don't have mine in front one so may be off a little.
Moose2 is offline Find More Posts by Moose2
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
touch and hold the RTN button when power up ur tx and the power mode will display. Select RF off and the 2.4 is disable n the ppm is still output from trainer port.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jun 2010
420 Posts
stuck with RSSi DragonLink V2 + Dragon OSD ??

I measure voltage for new 12Ch. receiver and it's 2.8V for maximum 100% rssi and 0.8V for my Dragon TX turned OFF ,but my DOSD does not show anything ,just 0%.
I setup in menu DOSD max/min RSSi values and still got 0% RSSi while I have all controls working through PPM Ch12 with DOSD ,but no RSSi ??

ANY IDEA ???
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Last edited by marcin.gala; Oct 26, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
stuck with RSSi DragonLink V2 + Dragon OSD ??

I measure voltage for new 12Ch. receiver and it's 2.8V for maximum 100% rssi and 0.8V for my Dragon TX turned OFF ,but my DOSD does not show anything ,just 0%.
I setup in menu DOSD max/min RSSi values and still got 0% RSSi while I have all controls working through PPM Ch12 with DOSD ,but no RSSi ??

ANY IDEA ???
For the DOSD you need to go into the menu and set the G.P. mode to either 1 or 2. It defaults to 0 (no RSSI). The other settings show RSSI in either dBi or %.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2010
420 Posts
Thing is use DOSD with DL RX ,but that was 9ch OLD one and now swap for new 12CH new V2.
Still got same settings in DOSD,just no rssi reading shows 0% in top left corner.

Old receiver I power up through PPM channel positive/negative/singnal and rssi on 9Ch V1 was just two pins positive and negative =here I got wire to DOSD on positive pin.That's it.
New 12Ch DL RX V2 got RSSi but reading are on signal pin ,not positive "voltage" ,so even
when I connect to signal pin still got 0% RSSi "having control" ,but I don't use ground as it's already there on PPM which powering new receiver 12Ch V2 ,just to avoid groundloops for RSSi I got only one wire "was positive pin on 9Ch"...ufff...think it can easy to understand ;-)
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
touch and hold the RTN button when power up ur tx and the power mode will display. Select RF off and the 2.4 is disable n the ppm is still output from trainer port.
Emadine, Moose,

Thanks so much!!!! I am going to try that tonight...!

Thanks again!
Jun
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanx View Post
I'm a DL user for a year now. I'm still amazed like first day. in love of my DL system.
Something new and weird is happening with my new receiver.
Everything works perfectly with the old one just happens when i fit the new hardware Rx.
Suddenly it glitches. no matter at land or air. With Tx at 10cm near or 5kms out. It just glitches. Sometimes testing batteries it just revs the motor for half a second and moves servos. Sometimes does the same being at 5km out 1000mts up. TBH its scary but nothing happens since i just recover the plane and keep flying (first time happened almost did it in my pants) but it keeps me from flying low, realy low. a glitch like that near ground defenitely will end in a fatal crash.

Notice i'm using the first Tx and the newest Rx. hardware. So i cant calibrate, or change id... just rebind.

Any advice?
Thank you!
Japanx.
I'm having the exact same issue. Old V1 TX with the newest RX with old firmware on it. Mine worked perfect for a few days then it started getting random failsafes at very close distances. I sent the RX back to Mike and I'm not sure what he did but he sent me the same RX back and it worked great for a few weeks. Now its back to the same way. FS FS FS

I tried to send Mike a PM but his box is full. So now I'm stuck. I'm willing to bet he says the fix for it is to send the old TX and RXs back to get the firmware upgraded. I hate to change anything with my old system because I've had zero issues with it other than the new RX.

Is anyone out there successfully running a V1 TX and the newest RXs with old firmware on them?
cabster101 is offline Find More Posts by cabster101
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Yep i have a V1 TX not upgraded and run 2x new RXs with the 3 leds with old firmware - had about 30 flights with no problems at all.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper