HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:34 AM
Joined May 2012
139 Posts
Hey guys got mine today and it set up super easy. It's working with forcefly and all!

Where the heck can I buy the head tracker cable for the fatshark MIG head tracker? I don't see it on the website and it doesn't come with the head tracker.
sykmethodz is offline Find More Posts by sykmethodz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykmethodz View Post
Hey guys got mine today and it set up super easy. It's working with forcefly and all!

Where the heck can I buy the head tracker cable for the fatshark MIG head tracker? I don't see it on the website and it doesn't come with the head tracker.
hobbyking have them mate , got mine there.

But there out of stock ATM ,,,,
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:23 AM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juninou View Post
Thanks again!!!!
Before I rush to go buy another remote though, theoritally I should be fine with my 2.4ghz futaba+Dlink v2 if my fpv setup is 1.3ghz...?

Thanks!
It will just use a bit more power.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
808 Posts
Hi recieved dlv2 today, i want to install it on a turnigy 9x er9x transmitter, im sure its pretty simple and its already been mentioned before but would somone thats already connected it tell me how ? ive got a data cable from the dl that il assume goes in the radio socket, so if somone could tell me which colour to which pin on the turnigy tx that would be great, also any settings i might need to do on the transmitter.. When i take out the turnigy modual at the back does that deactivate the 2,4ghz or is there somthing else i need to do ?

thanks
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:23 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,632 Posts
Check out the write up from Vantasstic on that.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1679198

I actually did a variation of it where I gutted the 2.4 module, and using hot glue, attached the pug inside the module so it's all removable. Lots of write ups on that as well. Just google it.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:49 AM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbocan View Post
i think i've worked out what i was doing wrong!
i was trying to bind useing micro-power mode , the difference between
slow flashing green & fast flashing green,
so now i have servo movement , but have flashing blue light - not solid.
still some work to do
After you are Calibrated, ID Changed, and Binded, make sure both tx and rx antennas are on, and power tx up without holding the red button down. You should have solid green LED on tx. Now power up rx, and you should have solid red LED and solid blue LED. If blue is flickering or blinking, there is something wrong.
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined May 2012
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
hobbyking have them mate , got mine there.

But there out of stock ATM ,,,,
thanks- could somebody link me to the MIG head tracker cable for dragon link. Not the MIG FUTABA trainer cable. I can't find it on hobbyking as recommended:/

Thanks
sykmethodz is offline Find More Posts by sykmethodz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykmethodz View Post
thanks- could somebody link me to the MIG head tracker cable for dragon link. Not the MIG FUTABA trainer cable. I can't find it on hobbyking as recommended:/

Thanks

My MIG came with one, though it was to a 3.5mm jack. I just made an adapter. Tip of the jack is PPM, the largest conductor is gnd and the pinout on the DL is exactly the same as the pinout for the PPM input from theTXmitter.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
It will just use a bit more power.
Thanks!!
Ahh... right!
I am assuming that means it will take a little more power off my 8FG battery, but will not affect the Dlink range... If so, I'll stick to my favorite controller for now...!

Thanks again!
Juninou is offline Find More Posts by Juninou
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juninou View Post
Thanks!!
Ahh... right!
I am assuming that means it will take a little more power off my 8FG battery, but will not affect the Dlink range... If so, I'll stick to my favorite controller for now...!

Thanks again!
depending on how daring you are... you can open your remote and put an off switch on the 2.4ghz... (I did that to my FrSky module so i can remove the Antenna when using DL)
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Mar 2008
34 Posts
Have anyone tried an FTDI board to update the DL TX firmware?
Does anyone know what board that would work?

I need to update my firmware, and dont want to wait for the DL FTDI board.
BiZARRE is offline Find More Posts by BiZARRE
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre View Post
have anyone tried an ftdi board to update the dl tx firmware?
Does anyone know what board that would work?

I need to update my firmware, and dont want to wait for the dl ftdi board.
ygpm
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
92 Posts
I'm a DL user for a year now. I'm still amazed like first day. in love of my DL system.
Something new and weird is happening with my new receiver.
Everything works perfectly with the old one just happens when i fit the new hardware Rx.
Suddenly it glitches. no matter at land or air. With Tx at 10cm near or 5kms out. It just glitches. Sometimes testing batteries it just revs the motor for half a second and moves servos. Sometimes does the same being at 5km out 1000mts up. TBH its scary but nothing happens since i just recover the plane and keep flying (first time happened almost did it in my pants) but it keeps me from flying low, realy low. a glitch like that near ground defenitely will end in a fatal crash.

Notice i'm using the first Tx and the newest Rx. hardware. So i cant calibrate, or change id... just rebind.

Any advice?
Thank you!
Japanx.
Japanx is offline Find More Posts by Japanx
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
The version would be related to when you bought it. Im not sure if there is another way to look it up. Mike can probably look at them but he would need the full system. Best bet is to wait for the flashing cables to be released, then you can flash the v2 RX to match the others...

Hopefully Mike or Chris can build a spreadsheet of Dates to firmware versions for reference.
The problem is I think I would have to downgrade the firmware on the V2 RX to make it work with the DL1, which is probably not possible. He can't upgrade the firmware on the DL1, because it does not have any functionality.

I have still not heard back from Mike or Chris.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
The problem is I think I would have to downgrade the firmware on the V2 RX to make it work with the DL1, which is probably not possible. He can't upgrade the firmware on the DL1, because it does not have any functionality.

I have still not heard back from Mike or Chris.
Mike can upgrade firmware on the V1 but you have to send it to him...

Once the cables are released you will be able to roll back the firmware to an older version that matches the V1

Chris is on more but he works with programming, not shipping since they are in different locations.

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member