SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Hello
Yesterday I have paid the 287USD to buy the drgon link,did you get the money?And when do you delivery it?I have sent you email,but you do not reply.I need the dragon link to test urgently.Thank you.Looking forward to your reply.
greenbay is offline Find More Posts by greenbay
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnisser View Post
My station is a Flysky er9x and no problems with my dragon link v1, everything works fine until I put the new dragon link v2tx I'm having this problem, in my area most people use the same computer and none have this problem, is the first time I encounter this, it seems very strange.
Thanks for your interest, about what is being discussed Mike understand that being overwhelmed by this and I know that the intention is to improve the product dragonlabs as much as possible, in this world there is much competition but I think by far that cheapen the product with other similar brands almost identical product, showing interest in improving dragonlabs makes the difference over other, they just need to improve product support technically the problems that inevitably arise.
I am a happy user of dragon link a while and never had a problem with no solution, I hope that it is quite rare that repo is resolved soon.
Agree, strange after the upgrade your having problems, should be fine with that radio. I guess I better stick to my v1 until solution found.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
30 Posts
That's the point my man. I love the damn thing, but you send it in for an upgrade, and you get zero feedback on what's going on. 2 weeks now.

It's a good product. But quality service is worth its weight in gold. BIG companies realize that they don't make money on HW, they make it on SW and services.

I would have gladly paid 50/75/100 dollars to have a solid upgrade in a fixed amount of time with good communication.

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiitaco View Post
Yeah...it pretty much comes down to the free market... NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY DRAGONLINK.... after reading this thread and all the mess...I still ended up buying it...1 because its fair priced....2 it is proven.... Now if DL was that terrible the market would weed the company out fairly quickly...You can pay for other UHF if you dont like it...sucks I know but its life... Now that I post this I pray to god that I dont ever have to send anything in for warranty lol...
cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
911 Posts
V1 Rx will not go into PPM out

Sorry to post this again but was hoping someone might have an idea whats going on here. Received my V1 system with 2 9Ch Rx's back from Mike over a week ago. Followed the new directions about changing Ch9 to ppm out but it will not work on either receiver. Jumped signal pins 7 and 8, rebound and still Ch9 is Ch9. removed jumper and rebound again still Ch9 is Ch9 not PPM output. Tried various combinations and it just won't work. Used a servo to conform output of Ch9.

Does anyone have an idea? I thought perhaps in doing the upgrade both of my Rx's received th 12Ch S/W upgrade by mistake but I have no way of telling?

Thanks,

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
11days to UK from order date !.
Got it all ;-)
Now Mike will send my V1 for update.

Thanks ,bit shame I got no tracking number and no answer but DL V2 is here ,so best news.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbini View Post
That's the point my man. I love the damn thing, but you send it in for an upgrade, and you get zero feedback on what's going on. 2 weeks now.

It's a good product. But quality service is worth its weight in gold. BIG companies realize that they don't make money on HW, they make it on SW and services.

I would have gladly paid 50/75/100 dollars to have a solid upgrade in a fixed amount of time with good communication.

JC
I am sure Chris1seto said the upgrades would be ready in a week
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
RE support issues and getting in contact with Mike:

I just got off the phone with Mike, we worked out a new method of supporting everyone a bit better. V1 upgrades ETA is about one week right now, FYI.
Your question was answered...
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
When calibrating it says to use a dummy load on the Rx, if my DL did not come with a dummy load do I just do the calibration while on micro power setting of the Tx? Thanks
AutoPilotOn is offline Find More Posts by AutoPilotOn
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
the fail safes are real, in flight video post but I have not really there are times when the RSSI drops to 0 for half a second and the receiver stops sending the osd ppm active so the osd fail in half a second, then quickly recovers 50% of RSSI, I did that test at low power with short antenna and the signal from 50% to 6.5 km is normal and good for my position on the ground, with the same equipment setup using the v1 did not have this problem, no rx fault because I've tried it with several and all is the same, I am sure that the fault is in the issuer ranging output power and has intermittent fast descents.
Range tests using the above 40 steps micropower
Actually, Carnisser is using micropower to range check (that's new in the latest version) and 20ft is considered a good range check with micropower, not 20 meters.
That's part of the big fiasco right now. No one can keep all these versions straight.
I've had my DL now for 3 weeks and can't fly it while waiting for the fixes in the latest version, cables, etc. Frustrating.
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post
When calibrating it says to use a dummy load on the Rx, if my DL did not come with a dummy load do I just do the calibration while on micro power setting of the Tx? Thanks
You're using the old manual if it mentions dummy loads. I don't have time to look it up for you, but there are newer manuals posted a few dozen pages back.
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:42 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
wow, I thought i was the only one that felt that way...

Chris
Me too buddy love the DL its amazing bit of kit. wouldnt buy anything else!
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Watt View Post
Actually, Carnisser is using micropower to range check (that's new in the latest version) and 20ft is considered a good range check with micropower, not 20 meters.
That's part of the big fiasco right now. No one can keep all these versions straight.
I've had my DL now for 3 weeks and can't fly it while waiting for the fixes in the latest version, cables, etc. Frustrating.
The scope is good, my problem is intermittent power such microcuts make me feel very insecure, I am sure it is due to a problem with the transmitter, hope jeffpilot response if he knows the cause and remedy or proceeding to change the tx, my installation in the aircraft is checked and secured with v1.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
hmmm... starting to wonder if Mike finally took a well deserved vacation! Havent seen him on much but you never know... He might be gling crazy developing something new... or building the firmware cables?

Hope all is well at DragonLink HQ
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
carnisser, I feel your pain. I had the exact same problem with my DLv2... random and very discouraging failsafes. I spent weeks running the gamut of troubleshooting procedures. I really wanted to blame DL, but my perfectionist side kept me busy perfecting wiring until I had no more doubts; with perfect wiring on my quad, I could send DL back with confidence knowing they won't send it back saying, "nothing's wrong with it". I guess there's nothing wrong with that... maybe my ego is too fragile. Filters, shielded cable, ground loop removal... I went overkill big time... and guess what turned out to be the cause? A crash dented ESC capacitor!!! Seriously!?

Moral of the story is... an average FPV rig has 100's failure points. It sounds like you already know that and have done due diligence. I'm just saying... I know I did my homework, and I'm not an idiot... stuff like that can happen to the best of us. The cool part is knowing Mike is on your side when it comes to battling these complicated FPV problems... he offered to send me a whole replacement system just to be sure DL wasn't my problem.

Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
...I thought perhaps in doing the upgrade both of my Rx's received th 12Ch S/W upgrade by mistake but I have no way of telling?

Thanks,

Tom
If it were me, I'd plug in to ch12 and see if PPM is coming from there instead. IIRC, the latest firmware does put PPM on 12 instead of 9.
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
The scope is good, my problem is intermittent power such microcuts make me feel very insecure, I am sure it is due to a problem with the transmitter, hope jeffpilot response if he knows the cause and remedy or proceeding to change the tx, my installation in the aircraft is checked and secured with v1.
One last suggestion, did you try changing the ID? there were post a while back that that took care of some transmitter issues.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer