HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:59 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnisser View Post
nobody has ever had a problem like this?
I need an urgent response, in two days I have to fly and I have fear of losing the signal.
More then likely you have inerference from onboard electronics. Range test with just recever, battery and servo. Note range. Then add back adding one component at a time, such as ESC, Camera, OSD, VTX. noting any change in range. How are you powering your receiver?, hopefully with a seperate BEC.

If you don't take the time to do a proper range test especially with all the FPV gear, your just guessing and gambling.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsands2801 View Post
good to see the DL support has improved since i took a break flying for a few months......not!
It's not the product per se, it's the constant changing and tweaking of the firmware.

I understand that Chris is rewriting and rewriting and rewriting in response to bugs and user requests but this is ridiculous.

Things should have been worked out long before the release to the end user.

Now, every time someone finds a problem with HIS particular radio/DL Chris changes the firmware which makes the manual wrong which makes someone else's unit not work with HIS unit ad infinitum.

And THEN the LED light code and calibrating and binding processes get changed which frustrate MORE users when they can't bind or calibrate THEIR unit.

Add in the fact that Mike goes incommunicado on a pretty regular basis, the lack of tracking numbers for new purchasers (come on, how hard is a cut and paste into an acknowledging e-mail...."thank you for your order") and the frustration just continues to grow.

I have 2 DLs and 4 receivers and although
I love them, I wish I had never heard of Dragon Link, I don't need the aggravation.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Couldnt agree more Yabba....whilst they are good products i wish i would have seen the others first. Support is shocking....DOSD development it seems has vanished as well. Would rather have the likes of RVOSD and a much better long range system. Even if the range isnt as good, as I am sure will be said if Mike appears, at least the problems get sorted and in an ordered and structured manner
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
More then likely you have inerference from onboard electronics. Range test with just recever, battery and servo. Note range. Then add back adding one component at a time, such as ESC, Camera, OSD, VTX. noting any change in range. How are you powering your receiver?, hopefully with a seperate BEC.

If you don't take the time to do a proper range test especially with all the FPV gear, your just guessing and gambling.
Thanks for your answer, I checked everything even componentwise rx to the 2-meter away from the plane and all the electronics, the rx fed a separate bec.
I have previously flown with the same configuration but in version v1 dragon link and never had problems, now I've updated to v2 and I get this problem, I have the impression that the decision comes from the issuer and that looks as if down power intermittently in short periods of time. In the accompanying video shows the problem perfectly.
I tried contacting jeffpilot but has the mailbox full and impossible.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
I for one am really happy with my DragonLink. Some of you guys need to learn a bit of patience. Try buying chinese gear ... something goes wrong, or you have a problem ... who are you going to talk to??? Responses may be a little sporadic here but the product is VERY good, the responses and answers DO come, the product DOES get delivered, the seller DOES stand by his product. As for the manual, load cap, led sequences ... a bit of common sense goes a long way ... and listen / read what Mike and Chris have said in regard to the same question for the 100th time.
Do I recommend the DL ... yes I do.

Mark
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
I wondered when someone would say have patience. Guys in the real world this type of service would not be accepted. Its not fair on people who have splashed out their cash. Yes they do get answered, but a proper update structure instead of rushing to individuals demands for fixes needs put in. I am glad i have one of the older dragonlinks.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I for one am really happy with my DragonLink.

Mark
wow, I thought i was the only one that felt that way...

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post

Chris
Dont get me wrong i am not unhappy with my DL...just feel for these guys who are getting no help at all from the manufacturer.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post

I have 2 DLs and 4 receivers and although
I love them, I wish I had never heard of Dragon Link, I don't need the aggravation.

Yabba
Sorry to quote myself but......

As I stated, I love my DL. After spending an entire Saturday afternoon trying to figure out the LED codes (some of this was MY fault) I finally managed to calibrate and even bind to a solid blue.

But I shouldn't have had to scratch my head and try every conceivable combination of LED sequence in order to get it working.

Once I figured it out, I wrote down the right colors and sequence on a
Postit note and CAed it to my forehead.

Then I calibrated and bound my other 3 rx's and I'll be darn if I'll ever send in any of my systems in for another firmware upgrade (nor will I upgrade them myself. If it ain't broke, don't fix it).

Having said all that, I stand by my statement, I wish I had never heard of Dragon Link.

Love it? Yes. Recommend it? No. Buy something more stabilized and with better customer service and support.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2009
30 Posts
I was really happy with mine too. Thought it could be even better. Sent it in for upgrades, vaporized.

The sad thing is it only would take 30 seconds to make me happy, and restore some patience. I don't want to put my gear up without a LRS, so I'm completely grounded.

At least you have something to be happy about! You still have yours!

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post

Chris
cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
I subscribe to a bunch of threads, including this one. In most of the others, the guys help each other with questions. This thread seems to be more about ... don't bother reading any of the valuable information, or questions AND ANSWERS that have come up a multitude of times before ... lets just bag out the guys that are trying to keep up with the demand for this great product. Lighten up a bit and get over the Witch hunt mentality. Seems these guys are bending over backwards to supply product, answer questions, update manuals, update product, develop their product ... and have a life !!

Maybe the supporters of DL are all out enjoying their DL rather that here in the thread.??
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:01 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnisser View Post
Thanks for your answer, I checked everything even componentwise rx to the 2-meter away from the plane and all the electronics, the rx fed a separate bec.
I have previously flown with the same configuration but in version v1 dragon link and never had problems, now I've updated to v2 and I get this problem, I have the impression that the decision comes from the issuer and that looks as if down power intermittently in short periods of time. In the accompanying video shows the problem perfectly.
I tried contacting jeffpilot but has the mailbox full and impossible.
What radio are you using? Hopefully not spektrum. After reading all the UHF threads it seems everyone has problems with spektrum. I know it sucks to have problems, but you will find the issue.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
534 Posts
Its funny how some can figure it out and some get hysterical, I like mine.
I have ordered 4 seperate times in the last 6 months and recieved an email each time.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:12 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Seems these guys are bending over backwards to supply product, answer questions, update manuals, update product, develop their product ... and have a life !!

Maybe the supporters of DL are all out enjoying their DL rather that here in the thread.??
Dragon Link guys should be bending backwards. People are paying good money for it.

If I'm spending $265+ of my hard earned money, I expect, at the very least, is good customer service.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Oct 24, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
What radio are you using? Hopefully not spektrum. After reading all the UHF threads it seems everyone has problems with spektrum. I know it sucks to have problems, but you will find the issue.
I believe there is information on the DL site about connecting DL to spektrum. Seems the ppm signal from the trainer port is marginal and there are ways of tapping into a better signal inside the spektrum Tx. I am using one of the older module type JR's. Just bought a second 9 channel JR second hand. They are perfect for applications such as this with the ppm/power etc, pinout where the old module used to plug in.