Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:23 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by altidude100 View Post
Dear Sir or Madam,

I tried emailing Mike (Jettpilot) on rc groups but his inbox appears to be full and not accepting my messages. There are two issues I need help with regarding the new DL system you shipped me.

A dummy load was not included in the shipment. Please provide asap.

Also, the JR XF622 Tx I'm trying to use does not have a removable RF module. That is, the back cover must be removed in order to access the Tx RF module. This RF module has one white connector with three wires in the JR color scheme, Orange, Brown and Red.

When probed with a volt meter, RED lead to RED wire and BLACK lead to BROWN wire, voltage inicated is (-)9.9VDC.

According to your documentation, it is very important to NOT reverse polarity on power supplied to your DL. So I'm wondering what I should follow; the JR wire color scheme or trust my meter?

If I follow the color scheme I'll be connecting orange to orange, red to red and brown to brown and your DL will receive a negative (-) 9.9V.

If I connect orange to orange red to brown and brown to red, your DL will receive a positive (+) 9.9V.

Please see attached photo and advise.

Kindest Regards,
Robert Messner

Dummy load not needed for new TX's, they have MicroPower mode built in.

Follow you meter over the pinout. Make *sure* you know what you're seeing is really correct, though. Color is not a valid pinout, btw.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
Team Basement RC
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2004
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1 View Post
Hi All.

In mid summer I ordered a V2 which I love!! But, when I recieved it, the dummy load for the TX was not included in the shipment. When I asked why not, I was told by Mike that it was out of stock. I (we) were also told that for those that recieved a DL system without a dummy load, we could order them for a minimal cost when they finally come in....

SO

Its been several months now. I still do not have a dummy load. How do I go about getting a dummy load cap for my system???

Thanks

I checked the Dragonlink website
If mike still has them available, you just paypal him $0.01 and he will ship it off... not sure if he has any though.
Ya.. Thats what I heard last time. So far, that doesn't do me any good.

What I really need to know is: . How do I go about ordering one this way? Where? How????. That's what I really need to know.

PS- I know he has them because I ordered yet another DL system for a friend who is getting into FPV about a month ago. That one came with a Dummy load cap.
max1 is offline Find More Posts by max1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Where? and How? can I get an extra Input plug(power and signal) not Futaba? And also a Headtracker and DATA plug? Can't find it on the DL webpage. Or maybe I can get from some other supplier? This is for my Dragon Link V2. Anyone????

Enrico
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Oct 2006
27 Posts
Hi JettPilot,

I'm waiting until August to receive a receiver payed with Paypal. Your product is amazing but your custumer support is a shame. You won't answer my emails, you send to me tracking numbers that don't work. If you won't answer my question i'll open a process to reimbursement on paypal.

My email is vinicius.rj@gmail.com -> search in your mail box and answer my question!
vps_rj is offline Find More Posts by vps_rj
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
Thermal seeker
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Jul 2005
566 Posts
Hi guys,

I am trying to make a cable to go from my Dominator Head Tracker unit to the Dragon Link. I have a pinout that tells me what wires are which coming from the Head tracker. I have a PPM signal and a ground.

I do not know, however, what the pins on the bottom of the Dragon link are. Can someone point me in the correct direction, please?
Bohh33 is offline Find More Posts by Bohh33
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:28 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohh33 View Post
Hi guys,

I am trying to make a cable to go from my Dominator Head Tracker unit to the Dragon Link. I have a pinout that tells me what wires are which coming from the Head tracker. I have a PPM signal and a ground.

I do not know, however, what the pins on the bottom of the Dragon link are. Can someone point me in the correct direction, please?
The pins are the exact same as the PPM in from the remote. BUT... The power is for power out to your Head Tracker if you do not need this, remove it...
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Leery about getting Dragon Link now

Hmm...

I have been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now as I was contemplating about getting Dragon Link as the remote control equipment for my FPV Tricopter...

However, after reading all of these grievances and the lack of customer support, I am thinking of reconsidering whether or not I should get a Dragon Link.

What happen to the outstanding customer support they claim to have?
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
hi i have new version of DL ie V2 who do i connect rssi from DL to eagle tree osd pro? thanks austin
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Hmm...

I have been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now as I was contemplating about getting Dragon Link as the remote control equipment for my FPV Tricopter...

However, after reading all of these grievances and the lack of customer support, I am thinking of reconsidering whether or not I should get a Dragon Link.

What? You don't want to spend $270 to become a Dragon Link Beta Tester?

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
756 Posts
the support on here seems to drop on and off - just hope it comes back for when i recieve mine as i dont wanna be a beta tester.
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:54 PM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohh33 View Post
Hi guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
The pins are the exact same as the PPM in from the remote. BUT... The power is for power out to your Head Tracker if you do not need this, remove it...
Hi,
I'm trying to do the same thing but I haven't any scheme of connections.. please can you write or draw connections diagram ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Aug 2009
30 Posts
It is a shame really. They have a nice product that worked well for me for a year and a half. Sent the v1 in for an upgrade, and communication vaporized.

Chris is VERY HELPFUL. But he's doing code work, and not working on the shipments and upgrades of the actual units.

I'm definitely disappointed, but hoping for the best. Sitting here staring at a plane and quad that I don't want to put up with the old 2.4GHz crap.

I've been considering the ezUHF, especially if I don't see my stuff back by next week. What other alternatives have you been looking at?

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Hmm...

cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnisser View Post
Hello again everyone, today I could try my dragon link successfully with small antenna minimum power exceeding 6km RSSI with 50% in an area with a lot of pollution wave, but I'm so happy I have observed fast cutting power intermittently throughout the flight, I think this is not normal, I've tried with both antennas and different receivers and the result is the same, I leave two videos where you can see the RSSI failure both in flight and at home doing tests using the Ikarus OSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfQ_-NNMIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNMUpSYlBuU

appreciate that could help with this as I consider dangerous over long distances.
nobody has ever had a problem like this?
I need an urgent response, in two days I have to fly and I have fear of losing the signal.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
My second choice was RANGE LINK because of the reasonable price ($185) and decent quality per the thread posters at the RANGE LINK thread.

Range Link can be ordered at www.rangepiloting.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbini View Post
It is a shame really. They have a nice product that worked well for me for a year and a half. Sent the v1 in for an upgrade, and communication vaporized.

Chris is VERY HELPFUL. But he's doing code work, and not working on the shipments and upgrades of the actual units.

I'm definitely disappointed, but hoping for the best. Sitting here staring at a plane and quad that I don't want to put up with the old 2.4GHz crap.

I've been considering the ezUHF, especially if I don't see my stuff back by next week. What other alternatives have you been looking at?

JC
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Oct 24, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
good to see the DL support has improved since i took a break flying for a few months......not!
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801