HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,333 Posts
So Did you guys send the dragon links for upgrades be registered post?

You should be able to track it to see if it was delivered to Mike or not.
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

There were not many videos this week, you need to get out and fly more people !!! This weeks winner was someone who had problems with a defective system but had immidate success with the replacement. I am glad to see Glassdogangle win after having some bad luck, thanks for sticking with it dude The winning video is: DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera with 473 views. Not bad for a first flight, and this is EXACTLY the type of performance you should expect from Dragon Link

Fall Failiage - Flight Box [HD] 328

DragonLink V2 Micro Power Mode - Range Test 147

FPV Slope Soaring over Olomana Peak in a Twinstar II (Flown with Dragonlink) 123

Multirotors wings and gliders 143

DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera: 473

Rise-Skyline Ankara Flown with Dragonlink: 237

DragonLink RC System - 6km Distance - GoPro Camera: 180

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Vwv...ature=youtu.be

Mike
Woooo hooooo! I thought it might be a little closer than that at the end! I'll PM you my shipping address, Mike, for my FREE RX!
Thanks again!!!!
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

That torroid decouples the coax from the antenna elements. This helps performance of the antenna, but if you do not have one, do not worry, that antenna will work very well and you will still get crazy long range without it The Torroid is not bonded to anything, just slips over the coax.

mike
Found some time to make a new Reciver antenna. 164mm elements. Should do the trick I think!

Sub.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
942 Posts
Sad Crash video

Hi All

I had a crash at the weekend, on a maiden quad flight, caused by a Dragon Link lock out (I think) at about 200ft that I just can't understand....

lock out (0 min 58 sec)

Video reception was crap as well as you can see.

I just did a range test again with the same (recovered) gear and all appeared normal. I thought the problem may have been caused by all the video and GoPro gear interfering on this very small quad, on the day, so I just tried to recreate the same situation.

FPV gear powered up and transmitting. GoPros (stereo) on and recording. I then took my ground station back pack into the car, along side me, all powered up and recording. To start I put the dummy load on my Tx (V2 but no micro power mode) and was able to control the motors fine. I was listening into the motors via cell phone.

Even with the dummy load and low power mode (not micro power) I got about 150ft away in the car before it fail-safed. Switching to high power mode got me another 50ft - 100ft. I thought a dummy load test was supposed to fail at 30ft ish?

I then powered off the TX and put on the real antenna. Back on, with low power mode, I now got close to a mile away, through houses, and high power got me just over a mile. Just like my previous range test.

I cant imagine what happened on flying day. Do my successful ground tests suggest that something else like the flight controller is at fault? Any clues or ideas appreciated.

phil

PS: Video not for the weekly competition :-)
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
Hi All

I had a crash at the weekend, on a maiden quad flight, caused by a Dragon Link lock out (I think) at about 200ft that I just can't understand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtwy...ature=youtu.be

Video reception was crap as well as you can see.

I just did a range test again with the same (recovered) gear and all appeared normal. I thought the problem may have been caused by all the video and GoPro gear interfering on this very small quad, on the day, so I just tried to recreate the same situation.

FPV gear powered up and transmitting. GoPros (stereo) on and recording. I then took my ground station back pack into the car, along side me, all powered up and recording. To start I put the dummy load on my Tx (V2 but no micro power mode) and was able to control the motors fine. I was listening into the motors via cell phone.

Even with the dummy load and low power mode (not micro power) I got about 150ft away in the car before it fail-safed. Switching to high power mode got me another 50ft - 100ft. I thought a dummy load test was supposed to fail at 30ft ish?

I then powered off the TX and put on the real antenna. Back on, with low power mode, I now got close to a mile away, through houses, and high power got me just over a mile. Just like my previous range test.

I cant imagine what happened on flying day. Do my successful ground tests suggest that something else like the flight controller is at fault? Any clues or ideas appreciated.

phil

PS: Video not for the weekly competition :-)
that hike must have sucked
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:02 AM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
942 Posts
Ha yeah it stopped right on the edge at the top. Cameras and batteries scattered all over. One battery fell to the floor and burst a cell. Lucky I didn't start a fire.

Both GoPros were hit hard. One lens was separated from the camera body completely and the other pushed in so it was out of focus but amazingly I was able to put them both back together today and refocus them. And the video image actually looks good despite shattered lens glass.

I was protecting the lens with the 'Layer Lens' but it got smashed off as well.
http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/12/15...ns-protection/

I am starting to suspect the flight controller. When the OSD 'A' disappears in the video it is telling me I am no longer in Auto Balance mode and have gone into fail safe which is then supposed to return to home. Which it didnt.

But still why did I hit failsafe at all?

phil
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
But still why did I hit failsafe at all?

phil
I thought I had DL issues with my Flying wing but it ended up it was a worn out servo plug for the PPM. It was causing failsafes on and off making my DragonOSD try to return home and then go back to normal flight... It was frustrating to find but once I found the problem I re-crimped the connector and everything was fine.

Sorry for your crash, I was lucky enough to have DOSD fly my plane home and it circled till the battery died... It did hit a tree while gliding down but just some scuffs...

But In short, Check your servo plugs...

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:19 AM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
942 Posts
Yeah first I need to get my RTH working dependably before the next test flights. I will check all my plugs...phil
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:16 AM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
How can I check if the PPM is working?

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Jun 2010
426 Posts
any news about tracking number or order 13.OCT .2012.
paypal Unique Transaction ID8L477825FU8136058

thanks for info ;-)
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
Hello,

I can use the DragonLink 12ch with my Graupner/JR MC24 in PPM24 ?

I have the TLRS which is not compatible.
Haades is offline Find More Posts by Haades
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
889 Posts
V1 Rx problem

Hi,

I posted this a bit earlier but am still stuck. I cannot get my V1 Rx to output PPM to my DOSD. The Rx works fine and all 9 ch respond with a servo connected and the Tx. When I hook ch 9 (PPM out) to the DOSD..I get nothing. The DOSD is powered and seems to be working as I can see/modify parameters on the Commander but no servo response on any of the 4 PPM outputs.
Does anyone recall if indeed PPM output defaults to Ch 9 on a V1 Rx without any jumpers? This Rx just came back from MIke so has the latest S/W.

Thanks for any help,

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:57 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
503 Posts
I'm late but I want to enter the Dragon Link contest

Flown with Dragon Link! (the best) FPV Tricopter at Baleal, Peniche, Portugal (6 min 35 sec)
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Last edited by flyboygaac; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Would like to purchase an extra Power connector, Headtracker connector and a DATA connector fot my Dragon Link? Where would I find it on the DL website?

Enrico
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
30 Posts
So frustrating to get zero communication from someone you trusted to spend $500 of your hard-earned cash with.

While these devices worked fairly well for me (before I made the mistake of sending them in for an upgrade), the lack of communication on simple issues is a HUGE downside. "Are you working on my upgrade, any idea when I may see it back?"

I just can't understand why it's that difficult to send a one sentence response to people who have very simple questions. "Being swamped" only works for a few days. Seems like we're in the "I don't really care about your question." phase.
cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini