SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:50 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,681 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

There were not many videos this week, you need to get out and fly more people !!! This weeks winner was someone who had problems with a defective system but had immidate success with the replacement. I am glad to see Glassdogangle win after having some bad luck, thanks for sticking with it dude The winning video is: DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera with 473 views. Not bad for a first flight, and this is EXACTLY the type of performance you should expect from Dragon Link

Fall Failiage - Flight Box [HD] 328

DragonLink V2 Micro Power Mode - Range Test 147

FPV Slope Soaring over Olomana Peak in a Twinstar II (Flown with Dragonlink) 123

Multirotors wings and gliders 143

DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera: 473

Rise-Skyline Ankara Flown with Dragonlink: 237

DragonLink RC System - 6km Distance - GoPro Camera: 180

DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! (13 min 16 sec)

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:50 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

Do you know when I shipped it back to you ?

Mike
Sometime between June and July this year. Cheers.

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:51 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,681 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 22 October 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 28 October 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:53 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Sometime between June and July this year. Cheers.

CJ
Hi Carlos,

This is the newest firmware !!! No need for you to upgrade as you already have a really good firmware compatible with Version 2 equipment, just order the latest version receiver shipped after 7 April and you arew good to go.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Superstar mike! Cheers. Was there a way to link the update tool to the V1 DL Tx? Or is there more than a software upgrade involved? Not for me obviously. But for others with unupgraded V1 Tx's.

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
any news about tracking number or order 13.OCT .2012.
paypal Unique Transaction ID8L477825FU8136058

thanks for info ;-)
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
1,095 Posts
Quote:
When did your system ship ???

Mike
02 or 03 october 2012
mwnn is offline Find More Posts by mwnn
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:14 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Mike, I know you guys are busy as heck with all the firmware changes and such, but looking for a status update on a new system I ordered on Oct 15th. Transaction ID: 91S79751WW2894418. I PM"d you, but I assume your PM box is probably packed full. Thanks in advance for any info.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:41 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
757 Posts
check for paypal emails, my tracking information was sent with a paypal email and mines stuck in newyork
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
check for paypal emails, my tracking information was sent with a paypal email and mines stuck in newyork
Nope. I actually expected that but there's no tracking info on the paypal transaction. And I actually got an automated email from dragonlinklabs@hotmail.com titled "Vacation reply". So that's why I thought it was strange. But it referenced "17 September 2012 - We are here and shipping more Dragon Link systems than ever !!!" and "We have plenty of stock and all Dragon Link systems ordered ship within 24 hours of purchase............ (more excluded)" So I'm still not sure, s I thought I'd ask.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
905 Posts
Help with V1 Rx and Dosd

Hi,
OK today is the day. Got my V1 Tx and both V1 9Ch Rx's back from Mike all updated. Wife is off doing her think all day and tonight she is off ot a book club meeting. I have all day and half the night to spent time getting my SW with DL and DOSD all setup. Got the update from Mike on the V1 Tx binding/setup so am ready to go.

Well reached a stonewall shortly after into things. The Rx seems to work fine, put a servo on it and it follows the throttle/aileron whatever. Now I connect CH 9 from the Rx which is supposed to be PPM output to the DOSD. power up the DOSD run the Commander program, set the Rx type to JR. Now when I put on a servo to any of the PWM outputs it initially jitters but will not respond to any channel input from the Tx. It seems the PPM stream is not working. Can't go much farther till I get this resolved. As I recall, again with Van's help Ch9 defaults to PPM out but doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Last edited by tom3holer; Oct 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
GusCBA
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Mar 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
NEW FIRMWARE

Hi Everynoe,

The new firmware that started shipping on 10 October seems to be the perfect version Now that people have started hooking it up to different kinds of RC Transmitters, and using it, we have not seen any issues with it. No problems, no bugs, its just the most stable, best working version we have ever put out. Chris did the impossible and got my " Dream List " of features and the way the Dragon Link system should work !!!

All Version 2 owners can update thier firmware at home, cables will be for sale soon on the website !!! Also, complete instructions are available for Dragon Link are available for download at:

Chris has done a great job on the manual and continues to update it as people ask questions and we see where people need help on installation.

Mike

Mike
Mike, can you post the link whit the instruction, the software updater and ftdi pinout for update?

Thx.
gstierli is offline Find More Posts by gstierli
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
30 Posts
Chris, Mike...I see a lot of DL updates in this thread, but there are also a few people that would like to know what's going on with orders, shipments, etc...These are people who have invested a decent amount of money in your business, and deserve some kind of answer just as much as we want to hear about a new contest that we can't participate in.

I understand upgrades are probably not your highest priority, but we are the guys who keep coming back and spending more money with you. Those kind of customers are hard to come by, and easy to lose when you're not communicating.

I appreciate any info you have on my particular shipment and upgrade. There are others that obviously would appreciate the same.

Thanks

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbini View Post
Hi Mike, would appreciate a quick heads up to make sure you have my equipment. Sent it priority USPS 10 days ago, and have 0 feedback. No response to PMs, and it's just about the end of the weekend here on the left coast.

I'm sitting here staring at a bunch of stuff that just wants to be in the air, and it appears it's going nowhere anytime soon.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

JC
cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,
. As I recall, again with Van's help Ch9 defaults to PPM out but doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
For the latest firmware, the PPM stream has moved to channel 12. Give that a try.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
905 Posts
Tracks,

Thanks, but I have 9ch V1 rec so no channel 12.

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Last edited by tom3holer; Oct 23, 2012 at 06:33 AM.