HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamix View Post
I did some more testing and was finally able to also use ch11 by setting the FrLen to 25msec, but I still haven't been able to control ch12. I tried all FrLen settings from 22.5msec to 28msec, but I always only get 10 or 11 working channels. I have never been able to get ch12 to work.

Is this something that could be resolved through a TX/RX firmware update?

Thanks,
Michael
If I can figure out what's going on there will be a firmware fix. Are you already using the latest FW? IF not, when did you buy your unit?
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Not sure if it's running the latest FW. The unit was shipped somewhere around the middle of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
If I can figure out what's going on there will be a firmware fix. Are you already using the latest FW? IF not, when did you buy your unit?
papamix is offline Find More Posts by papamix
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamix View Post
Not sure if it's running the latest FW. The unit was shipped somewhere around the middle of August.
Ahhh, ok that explains a lot. Send me a PM
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Hi guys, quick question, I am flying with my Dlink v2 short range no problem. However, I just realized that the rx has steady pink and blue when I am flying.
I saw the manual, and said it should be blue. Not sure what the pink (or red) next to it means?
My Rssi did show me 0.2 at a 1km range, so maybe I have something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Juninou is offline Find More Posts by Juninou
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,864 Posts
Heres my latest awesome flight with DragonLink!
Cades Cove Revisited - Flown With DragonLink (3 min 9 sec)
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:47 AM
Serge
Россия, Калужская область, город Калуга
Joined Jun 2011
659 Posts
Hi. A friend got the system.
While calibrating on this stage
5. The LED should be alternating between RED and GREEN.
he gets LED alternating between RED and YELLOW. Obviously nothing happens after that. Any idea how to fix it? RC is Turnigy 9X.
ua3xds is offline Find More Posts by ua3xds
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:24 AM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
All of those things can be a big issue. The GoPro does emit a ton of interference, and the motor/ESC are also sources of massive RFI. How are you powering your DL?
Everything is on one battery and DL is plugged in to the quad flight controller (GU-INS). But this is a tiny quad with everything stacked close to each other

phil
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:45 AM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ua3xds View Post
Hi. A friend got the system.
While calibrating on this stage
he gets LED alternating between RED and YELLOW. Obviously nothing happens after that. Any idea how to fix it? RC is Turnigy 9X.
it is written about my problem...

I'm trying to bind new receiver with new transmitter. according to manual, it is necessary to calibrate Rx and Tx before the first bind.
when I push and hold the bind button, led first become green, than yellow. I release the button
I'm getting LED blinking YELLOW.
if I push the bind button longer, and wait until led becomes RED - after releasing bind led is alternating between RED and GREEN
in both cases I wait 15 minutes, remove the 5-6ch pin on working Rx, power TX down, power Rx down, and then power Tx and Rx up.

Then I try to bind Rx and Tx.
so I press bind button, power Tx on, wait until led becomes green and release bind button. led becomes blinking green
I power Rx on but status led does'nt turn on and remains dark and I have no control over the plane

what am I doing wrong?

upd: I solved the problem... Manual is wrong:
to bind Rx and Tx you need to push bind button and wait until led gets yellow, then release the button and led gets blinking yellow.
it means that Tx is in bind mode...
everything else - according the manual
mwnn is offline Find More Posts by mwnn
Last edited by mwnn; Oct 22, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:37 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,191 Posts
Tried one of these on my Dragonlink ... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150865823...84.m1436.l2649 .
Small cheap chinese antenna with magnetic base and 3 meter (10 foot cable) to sma connector. I have done a number of range tests and it SEEMS as good as the longer antenna supplied with the DragonLink.
Still nervous about testing it while flying.
Advantage is that the antenna is vertical at all times .. if placed on a car roof or similar. I can also sit in a car/shed/whatever.
Antenna will also use metal car roof as a ground plane (have read this but I don't really understand what that means).
I tend to sit very close to my car when fpv-ing, using the shade of the lift-up back door on my suv, so at times the car can be between the DL antenna and quad (when using the standard antenna). Remote antenna also moves the DL antenna away from the monitor that I fly from (powered from an inverted in the car).
Has anyone had any experience with these antenna's ??

Mark
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:21 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Tried one of these on my Dragonlink ... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150865823...84.m1436.l2649 .
Small cheap chinese antenna with magnetic base and 3 meter (10 foot cable) to sma connector. I have done a number of range tests and it SEEMS as good as the longer antenna supplied with the DragonLink.
Still nervous about testing it while flying.
Advantage is that the antenna is vertical at all times .. if placed on a car roof or similar. I can also sit in a car/shed/whatever.
Antenna will also use metal car roof as a ground plane (have read this but I don't really understand what that means).
I tend to sit very close to my car when fpv-ing, using the shade of the lift-up back door on my suv, so at times the car can be between the DL antenna and quad (when using the standard antenna). Remote antenna also moves the DL antenna away from the monitor that I fly from (powered from an inverted in the car).
Has anyone had any experience with these antenna's ??

Mark
Hi Mark,

That antenna should work great with the Dragon Link... And if you put it on a car, which has a huge metal ground plane, it will probably perform better than any handheld antenna

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:24 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnn View Post
it is written about my problem...

I'm trying to bind new receiver with new transmitter. according to manual, it is necessary to calibrate Rx and Tx before the first bind.
when I push and hold the bind button, led first become green, than yellow. I release the button
I'm getting LED blinking YELLOW.
if I push the bind button longer, and wait until led becomes RED - after releasing bind led is alternating between RED and GREEN
in both cases I wait 15 minutes, remove the 5-6ch pin on working Rx, power TX down, power Rx down, and then power Tx and Rx up.

Then I try to bind Rx and Tx.
so I press bind button, power Tx on, wait until led becomes green and release bind button. led becomes blinking green
I power Rx on but status led does'nt turn on and remains dark and I have no control over the plane

what am I doing wrong?

upd: I solved the problem... Manual is wrong:
to bind Rx and Tx you need to push bind button and wait until led gets yellow, then release the button and led gets blinking yellow.
it means that Tx is in bind mode...
everything else - according the manual
Hi,

What happened is that you have an older firmware version. We changed the colors and order of some of the features to make them more user friendly. For example, the feature people will use the most is the Micro Power mode for Range testing, so we changed it so that this mode would be the first in the sequence. Once a receiver is bound, it stays bound forever we put this second.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:42 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Hi mike, Sorry to be a PITA, I have a V1 DL Tx, I sent it off for an update with 2 Rx's (I believe the version before the one thats shipping now). You might remember it. I sent it off at the beginning of the year and the postman decided to do a few months flying with it before it got to you. After its disappearing act it finally showed up at yours, It was updated and sent back. But im not sure with which version as im looking to buy some new Rx's. Thanks!

CJ
Hi,

Do you know when I shipped it back to you ?

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:46 AM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

What happened is that you have an older firmware version. We changed the colors and order of some of the features to make them more user friendly. For example, the feature people will use the most is the Micro Power mode for Range testing, so we changed it so that this mode would be the first in the sequence. Once a receiver is bound, it stays bound forever we put this second.

Mike
Please help me find correct manual for my firmware version. Because I have a problem now with chanels 9-12 (they don't work at all)
mwnn is offline Find More Posts by mwnn
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:48 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,434 Posts
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

There were not many videos this week, you need to get out and fly more people !!! This weeks winner was someone who had problems with a defective system but had immidate success with the replacement. I am glad to see Glassdogangle win after having some bad luck, thanks for sticking with it dude The winning video is: DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera with 473 views. Not bad for a first flight, and EXACTLY what you should expect from Dragon Link

Fall Failiage - Flight Box [HD] 328

DragonLink V2 Micro Power Mode - Range Test 147

FPV Slope Soaring over Olomana Peak in a Twinstar II (Flown with Dragonlink) 123

Multirotors wings and gliders 143

DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! GoPro Camera: 473

Rise-Skyline Ankara Flown with Dragonlink: 237

DragonLink RC System - 6km Distance - GoPro Camera: 180

DragonLink RC System - 5km Distance for First FPV Test Flight! (13 min 16 sec)

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:49 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnn View Post
Please help me find correct manual for my firmware version. Because I have a problem now with chanels 9-12 (they don't work at all)
When did your system ship ???

Mike
Site Sponsor