HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
887 Posts
Chris1seto,

Thank you for the info. I understan what you said but I need to know the channel numbering and also is there not a dedicated PPM out pins for the DOSD?
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Chris1seto,

Thank you for the info. I understan what you said but I need to know the channel numbering and also is there not a dedicated PPM out pins for the DOSD?
There has never been a dedicated PPM pin in any of the DL receivers. The first ones used channel 9 for PPM, the latest use channel 12 for PPM. You could disable the PPM and use that channel as a normal channel by installing a jumper on the appropriate pins on the Rx and then bind. I don't recall what the pins were though. The majority of folks were wanting the PPM enabled that Mike started sending them out defaulted with PPM enable. Perhaps Mike or Chris can enlighten us on how to enable/disable the PPM output.

Here's a picture of the pin configuration for the 9 channel Rx: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=366
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
887 Posts
Van,

I can't tell you how many times you have come to the rescue.
That link to the 9ch pin configuration is exactly what I have been searching for to no avail.

Thank you very much,

Tom
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,066 Posts
Quote:
Van,

I can't tell you how many times you have come to the rescue.
That link to the 9ch pin configuration is exactly what I have been searching for to no avail.

Thank you very much,

Tom
No problem Tom. I'll just invoice you the bill for PayPal payment...I mean...technical service isn't free here...is it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
There has never been a dedicated PPM pin in any of the DL receivers. The first ones used channel 9 for PPM, the latest use channel 12 for PPM. You could disable the PPM and use that channel as a normal channel by installing a jumper on the appropriate pins on the Rx and then bind. I don't recall what the pins were though. The majority of folks were wanting the PPM enabled that Mike started sending them out defaulted with PPM enable. Perhaps Mike or Chris can enlighten us on how to enable/disable the PPM output.

Here's a picture of the pin configuration for the 9 channel Rx: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=366

I forget what the pins are for the 9chan, but for the 12 chan, short 11 and 12 together on startup. Lights flash together meaning "PPM now enabled" and apart for "ppm now disabled"
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:46 PM
FPV-ophile
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Oct 2010
372 Posts
Hey guys,

It seems like i saw somewhere a while back that Mike sold cables from the fatshark round esky type head tracker plug to the dragonlink head tracker input?

Im really needing one of these cables because it seems like the pinout for the esky type connectors are different with each pinout i look at! Im trying to find out which pins are ground and ppm out from the MIG head tracker?

Thanks!

*edit: to see what i mean searching this in google shows various DIFFERENT pinouts for the connectors..im just trying to find ppm out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=esky...w=1600&bih=796

ALSO do i need to update my v2 firmware to use the head tracker or has that function always been available with all firmware? Sorry im new to head tracking i just bought a skywalker
Kahuna717 is offline Find More Posts by Kahuna717
Last edited by Kahuna717; Oct 20, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Mike
Please answer my PM. I can not use ch9 for pan control. How can I transfer the PPM output to ch12?
This is very important for me. Because I am keen on Pan/tilt and need PPM for DOSD?

This is becoming a very serious customer complaints !! One of the choosing reason DL was head tracker option.

Thanks
Regards
Firat
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
887 Posts
I just got my V1 DL back from Mike. Trying to calibrate it and having problems. I have read all the issues here with V2 and some may be the same with V1. I did the binding. Then it says to calibrate "Power on the Tx with a reg antenna attached while holding down the binding button for 7 seconds until the light turns green. Release the button as soon as it turns green, and if you have done it correctly the led will flash alternating red and green"

Every time I do it I just get the flashing green indicating the its in the binding mode.

Is there something I am doing wrong here.

Tom
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:06 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
No problem Tom. I'll just invoice you the bill for PayPal payment...I mean...technical service isn't free here...is it?
No it isn't

I owe you a LOT.
But, I rather owe you, than beat you out of it.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,066 Posts
Quote:
I just got my V1 DL back from Mike. Trying to calibrate it and having problems. I have read all the issues here with V2 and some may be the same with V1. I did the binding. Then it says to calibrate "Power on the Tx with a reg antenna attached while holding down the binding button for 7 seconds until the light turns green. Release the button as soon as it turns green, and if you have done it correctly the led will flash alternating red and green"

Every time I do it I just get the flashing green indicating the its in the binding mode.

Is there something I am doing wrong here.

Tom
I don't think the flashing green is bind mode anymore...I think it was a flashing yellow/orange for bind now. I haven't played with the new firmware on my upgraded V1 yet so I'm right behind you in setting it up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Help binding

Help!
I have version 2 can't get rec to bind only light I get on rec. is power no link or status
the only time they are on is when I have jumper on 5 and 6
okiedrone is offline Find More Posts by okiedrone
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
887 Posts
Van,

I don't see any yellow just red or green. The flashing green for binding seemed to work fine. Its the calibration that Mike said I needed to do that doesn't seem to work. I am surprised that the manual/web page is not current after all the confusion.

Tom
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
937 Posts
Flat on all sides withe the high low power switch and just a few months old

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5LIT View Post
Phil,

From what you have written it sounds like you have a Version 1 unit. Is your transmitter unit totally flat on all sides or is one side rounded? Also do have a high-low power switch or not? The version 1 units have a rounded side and don't have the high-low switch AND no calibration mode.

My Version 1 unit worked great for over a year and when I moved it from one plane to the next it started flunking all range tests. I've sent the unit in last week for update/upgrade and can hardly wait to get it back! Since my unit has been working so well out of the box I really paid no attention to further developments regarding the V2 units. A friend at the flying club purchased a DL based on my having one that works great and he got the V2 unit. Not knowing the differences, when my V1 was not working we tried binding his TX to my receiver etc but were perplexed that it would not bind. Its a good idea to follow this thread since there seems to be no other communication.
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:16 AM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
937 Posts
Sounds like my experience. To get red/green flashing for calibration I had let go of the bind button while the led was still red. Also I never see an orange led.

Did your Tx come with the dummy load? Can you get it into micro power mode?

Agreed that it is very confusing for the manual to be out of sync with the hardware.

Cheers ... Phil

Quote:
Van,

I don't see any yellow just red or green. The flashing green for binding seemed to work fine. Its the calibration that Mike said I needed to do that doesn't seem to work. I am surprised that the manual/web page is not current after all the confusion.

Tom
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:47 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
Sounds like my experience. To get red/green flashing for calibration I had let go of the bind button while the led was still red. Also I never see an orange led.

Did your Tx come with the dummy load? Can you get it into micro power mode?

Agreed that it is very confusing for the manual to be out of sync with the hardware.

Cheers ... Phil
I have a V1 upgraded to V2 FW but I think mine behaves the same as you're describing as far as the lights go. Mine does not have micro power mode.

After 3 seconds, release button & I have flashing green (bind mode)
After about 7-8 secs led goes red, release & its flashing red/green (calibrate mode)
More than 10 secs and led goes out - no light (change ID mode)

They have been changing the led sequence so often for a patch there that I think even the DL guys have gotten lost... Hopefully this obsession with change will subside and we can all catch up.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych