HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:30 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Mine were also 12 channel and i am using up to channel 10 so far with 0 problems with V1--as long as both DL an RX have the same firmware they should be compatible.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjones View Post
Hi
I bought my Dragon Link system mid of 2011 and then it was updated by Mike beginning of 2012. Wich firmware version would I need ?
I got them back April 18th. I canīt buy new receivers without knowing which fimware .....
Mike, will you please answer this question ?
mrjones is offline Find More Posts by mrjones
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
I got them back April 18th. I canīt buy new receivers without knowing which fimware .....

Go here
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/8

click on instillation and then check your receiver model
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:13 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
When you go to buy your receiver on the DL site you have the option to select what firmware receiver you want,it gives you the dates of the systems released so just choose the receiver that falls in the date you got your DL
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Mar 2008
34 Posts
JettPilot: Please answer my PM.
BiZARRE is offline Find More Posts by BiZARRE
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:03 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,624 Posts
I have finished designing my 3D printed Dragonlink Tx adapters. I can now cater for people using;
Either V1 or V2 DL Tx
Using it with either a Hitec A9, Turnigy 9X, Futaba or Jr Module type radios.

I also now have black and white ABS .

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

First the good news, the latest firmware update by Chris is PERFECT Everything works well, and is just a very refined, most trouble free operation ever !!! All Dragon Links Since 9 Oct 2012 have been shipping with this latest firmware version.

For the past few days, we have been working on a very large batch of Dragon Links, to assure we always have plenty of stock Production is going very well, and I have been putting a bunch of time into testing them. You guys will be very happy with the Dragon Links, the best we have ever made !!!

Now for the bad news , I have been in production for the last several days, so I am 3 days behind on PM's here and have not posted or even read all the posts here in this thread recently. I will catch up on this and fix anyone having issues this weekend instead of going and flying FPV No worries, we will make sure everyone that has issues is taken care of, and gets up and flying quickly.

Mike
Mike, my buddy orderd a DL system last week and today he is worried it might have been forgoten in the mail. I got mine in under 4 days. We are planning to fly soon.

And i bought mine in july, should i update my DLv2 to newer firm wear? It works fine now.
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:32 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

You need the latest firmware, which started shipping 7 April 2012. If you were from the group of upgrades in Germany that I did all together, I remember you ! This was the first batch of upgrades with the new firmare.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBNorris View Post
Mike, my buddy orderd a DL system last week and today he is worried it might have been forgoten in the mail. I got mine in under 4 days. We are planning to fly soon.

And i bought mine in july, should i update my DLv2 to newer firm wear? It works fine now.
Hi,

If it works fine, there is no need to update. The things we did with the updates are head tracking, micro PPM futaba support, and micro power mode so that you do not need a dummy load for range testing anymore. If you are happy with the way your system is operating, then no need to update. The range and resistance to interference remains the same on all the Version 2 firmware versions since 7 April 2012.

Any firmware before 7 April 2012 I do recommend to update...

Mike

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:35 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,624 Posts
Hi mike, Sorry to be a PITA, I have a V1 DL Tx, I sent it off for an update with 2 Rx's (I believe the version before the one thats shipping now). You might remember it. I sent it off at the beginning of the year and the postman decided to do a few months flying with it before it got to you. After its disappearing act it finally showed up at yours, It was updated and sent back. But im not sure with which version as im looking to buy some new Rx's. Thanks!

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:45 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Mine were also 12 channel and i am using up to channel 10 so far with 0 problems with V1--as long as both DL an RX have the same firmware they should be compatible.
Firmware versions are:

0 B.C. - 7 Dec 2011
7 Dec 2011 - 7 April 2012
7 April 2012 - Present

If your equipment is in the same date rage, it is compatible. If a TX is in one date range, and an RX in another of the above date ranges, it will never bind

This is for the date the firmware is programmed. So if I have upgraded your equipment, you should use the date of the upgrade, not when it was purchased.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZARRE View Post
JettPilot: Please answer my PM.
Hi,

I am getting to all the PM's this weekend. Now that everything is perfect and just they way we want it, We are finishing up a HUGE production run so that we have stock well into the future. I have been super busy with production all week, so PM's have been building up and I have not seen them

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Poland
Joined Aug 2010
32 Posts
Can someon tell me that DL v2 will be work fine with FUTABA T8FG ??
morgre is offline Find More Posts by morgre
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:48 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgre View Post
Can someon tell me that DL v2 will be work fine with FUTABA T8FG ??
Yes, very well. Order the Futaba Trainer plug and it will take you all of 1 minute to get hooked up

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Poland
Joined Aug 2010
32 Posts
ok MIKE so i Make the order

shiipin will be to POLAND/Europe

thanks
morgre is offline Find More Posts by morgre
Last edited by morgre; Oct 20, 2012 at 07:58 AM.