SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:32 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
That looks perfect, the coax can even be up to 45 degrees or so bent after the ferrite and it will not hurt anything. So if you need, you can bend it even a little more.

The only problem I see with that setup is that the plane is missing part of its tail, pitch control will be somewhat difficult like that

Mike
LOL
Thx Mike thats great , I can move the entire antenna up so nothing will drag on the floor :-))
Oh the stab is detachable ................. for now
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,437 Posts
VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

The videos just keep getting better and better I felt really bad when I had to disqualify the winning video for not having " FLown With Dragon Link " in the video or title But then I did not feel bad anymore when I saw the next winning video was also done by KMart Both videos were excellent Kevin, you win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver, please send me your full name and address, and I will send it to you !

10-2-2011 Radian Pro Flight: 133

10-2-2011 Grim Reaper Flight 1: 45

launch to land: 74

SecurityCam2000.wmv: 226

Living the Dream - FPV Quad: 178

95mph with my Ritewing Zephyr - FPV flown w/ Dragon Link: 340

Paraglider and FPV Easystar Flown With Dragon Link: 658

lighthouse for web 720.mp4: 359

NON binding Dragon link: 36

Blodget Peak: GoPro HD: 1230 DISQUALIFIED - No Flown with Dragon Link in title or video.

Zephyr FPV- The Chase (Flown with DragonLink UHF): 1092

Zephyr FPV- The Chase (Flown with DragonLink UHF) (4 min 7 sec)
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:28 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,437 Posts
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Videos Posted 10 October 2011 or later will qualify for contest.

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK, to be shipped immidately to the winner, no wait ! The rules are simple, post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube or Vimeo that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed ( Not at the bottom of a list of equipment ) at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 5 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable if you do not want to put it as part of the video. Bottom line is, that the Flown with Dragon Link must be prominent in the video and not hidden in the middle or at the end. The video that gets the most views as of Sunday night 11:59 PM 16 October 2011 WINS a free Dragon Link receiver.

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views ! The video can as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

Post the video in the video thread of this forum: FPV VIdeos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out

Just make sure you claim your video here in this thread so that we can all see how many views each one has. I will look at the number of views each video has on Sunday Night, at 11:59 PM Eastern time and send a free Dragon Link reciever to the video with the most views.

If you do not win this week, try again, as we will be running this contest for the forseeable future !

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,207 Posts
Okay, so KrisW beat me to the first crash video. I like my crash video better of course. This was my FPV tricopter flown with my Dragon Link, GoPro HD camera, and Open Pilot Copter Controller board. None of these three main items were the cause of or damaged in the crash. FWIW...I crashed in the middle of this same d%mn runway three times this weekend with three different multi-copters...all do to non-pilot error. Anyway...enjoy...
FPV Tricopter flown with Dragon Link...with crash ending!!! (2 min 30 sec)
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:49 PM
Latvia, Riga
Joined May 2010
658 Posts
Contest results !!!

Hi Mike.

Those two videos from KMart are 3 and 2 month old and therefore are so viewed. KMart even didn't claim for video contest, just posted his old videos and one of them was participating contest in past so had Flown with Dragon Link in title.

Please check your results!!!

Kristaps

Quote:
VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

The videos just keep getting better and better I felt really bad when I had to disqualify the winning video for not having " FLown With Dragon Link " in the video or title But then I did not feel bad anymore when I saw the next winning video was also done by KMart Both videos were excellent Kevin, you win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver, please send me your full name and address, and I will send it to you !

Blodget Peak: GoPro HD: 1230 DISQUALIFIED - No Flown with Dragon Link in title or video.

http://vimeo.com/26310205
kristaps_r is online now Find More Posts by kristaps_r
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:36 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
So can someone tell my specifically what each pin is on my TH9x?

Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:46 PM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Okay, so KrisW beat me to the first crash video. I like my crash video better of course. This was my FPV tricopter flown with my Dragon Link, GoPro HD camera, and Open Pilot Copter Controller board. None of these three main items were the cause of or damaged in the crash. FWIW...I crashed in the middle of this same d%mn runway three times this weekend with three different multi-copters...all do to non-pilot error. Anyway...enjoy...
http://vimeo.com/30353511
Van, sounds like you are having as much luck with Tri-copters as I am having with Cularis gliders. . .

KrisW
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:14 AM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
So can someone tell my specifically what each pin is on my TH9x?

Ppm/not use/+/gound/not use
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:04 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
761 Posts
Quote:
VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

http://vimeo.com/26310205

MIKE , you can't count my video thats highlighted for the contest mate, as i still havent recieved my dragonlink(bloody slow postal service) and as such was NOT flown with dragonlink .
I just put it there to show you what a flight in my home town was like !!
Thought you might like our DOWN UNDER scenery.
Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Last edited by hpcoolahan; Oct 11, 2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:09 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadine View Post
Ppm/not use/+/gound/not use
Appreciate it!
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
13 Posts
Quote:
7 OCTOBER 2011

The Dragon Link UHF RC system will open up a whole new world for FPV for you not possible with standard RC systems. Not only will you be able to fly FPV further than ever before, you will be able to fly safer also. The Dragon Link is a transmitter module that will hook up to your current RC transmitter and not only will it fly further, it will allow you to fly lower, in high interference areas like cities without fear of glitches and loss of RC control. Imagine being able to fly FPV without even having to think about loosing RC control, it makes FPV so much more relaxing and fun. The Dragon Link will outperform all FPV video systems, so if you have any kind of recognizable video, you will have RC control ( with a properly set up plane ). The Dragon Link is a high quality system made in the USA by experts, and fully guaranteed and supported. We spend extra money to make our system the best it can possibly be, installing RF filters so that the Dragon Link will not interfere with your video, have a voltage protected receiver that will work with higher voltages, and many other details that cost more, and that you will not see, but that will make your Dragon Link trouble free and last for many years. We make every Dragon Link as if it were going into our own FPV planes.

We know that most people will never fly 30 KM, so why do you need a system capble of flying 30 KM ??? FPV planes are rarely ever perfect... Antenna placement, interference, banking the plane sharply, aerobatics, and many other things can degrade performance, and each one of these things will take a certain percentage away from your RF link. So lets say your plane is small and you had to put your video transmitter near the RC antenna, if this takes 50 % away from the range of your RC system, you will still be able to fly 15 KM with the Dragon Link, and never even notice the effects of this imperfection. If you start with a system that has the range of 10 KM that you want to fly, and subtract 50 %, your limit would be a short 5 KM. This is why its always better to have more performance than you think you will need !

Dragon Link is not the cheapest UHF system, but it is by far the best value for the money at 269.00, is IN STOCK and ships withing 24 hours of your order. We also give away FREE Dragon Link receivers if you get a friend to purchase a system, purchase 2 systems or more, and also in our weekly video contest !!! For more information and to order, visit

www.dragonlinklabs.com

Also, the Dragon Link is designed to work with, and be conneced by one wire to the most advanced OSD on the planet, the Dragon OSD !!! Together, the Dragon Link and Dragon OSD will give you the ultimate in FPV performance, Safety, and navigation. For more information on Dragon OSD, go to:

www.dragonlabs.net

Mike
I made the order but the fund return back. What happen? paypal record '9UC2860319423671B'
edffans is offline Find More Posts by edffans
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:20 AM
Australia, WA, Carlisle North
Joined Jul 2008
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
ok.. here is an actual question for me.

So, is it normal that the DragonLink will some how detect rapid stick movements as "glitches" and then lock up in the CURRENT position for a second or two?

To reproduce:
Recently, I was setting up my wing's osd and was testing FS and other things.... I noticed that when I move the elevator and aileron VERY VERY rapidly, the entire system (DL) seems to lock up. I am using an Eagletree OSD Pro...there is a setting to handle PCM errors, however this isnt enabled nor is it detecting/configured for any PCM

When it is...and i rapidly move the control surfaces, it (OSD) will eventually go into a false fail safe thinking there is to many glitches. The only reason this is relevant is because when it does go into this false state, my pan servo is still 100% operable as it is not connected to the OSD in any way.

However, when configured correctly for PPM and I move the sticks rapidly (think xbox hit the A+B buttons when you don't know how to play a game...and you are getting your butt kicked by a 5 yr old...fast) the system freezes and the pan servo also becomes unresponsive.
Try a bigger BEC, I had same issue but fixed with a bigger BEC.

Regards

Doug
spitfire_Doug is offline Find More Posts by spitfire_Doug
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:25 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
476 Posts
hi guys, just purchased a dragonlink system! DL was the only UHF / LRS I seriously considered, Mike, I totally respect the way you guys handle yourselves around the forums, (from what ive seen) you are not obnoxious or rude, which to me is a contributing factor for my purchases, so that where my coin goes to. Besides, it looks like it's the best LRS anyway! Great work, and looking fwd to using your great system here in oz.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:02 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Up yours buddy.....
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
879 Posts
Does anyone know the secret code??

Quote:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT

We have a bunch of very nice, and knowlegable people helping with support. If you have a question about the system, how to hook it up, or even how to improve your FPV plane in any other way, ask in this thread. We are all hobbyists, and here to share ideas and have fun

Mike, great to hear!! I have been trying to communicate with you for at least a month, maybe this is the new and improved method I am trying to send my Dragonlink in for an update. I PM'd you several times and asked on this thread and the previous Dragonlink thread how this is done.

Has anyone broken the code on how to obtain the service address or the procedures to establish communications and get service done? Thanks!
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks