HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:00 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,532 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 8 October 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 14 October 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:02 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,532 Posts
DRAGON LINK VDIEO CONTEST RESULTS

This weeks winning video goes to a new guy that did his first flight with Dragon Link For a first flight, he did very well and made a nice video. There were some other videos with higher view counts, but they all got DISQUALIFIED ! Thats OK, it is nice to see a new guy have a chance at winning and this week it happened Congratulations to ABSAltitudes for winning with " First FPV flight with Dragon link UHF: " with 51 views. Please PM me your full name and address ABSAltitudes and I will send you your free receiver. For the rest that subimitted videos this week, read the rules above, I have been publishing them every week for the last year

First FPV flight with Dragon link UHF (8 min 13 sec)

Clouds are too easy. FPV swift and ezstar in the clouds. trappy is not here: 92 DISQUALIFIED

rssi prob: 35

ZII low and high: 263 DISQUALIFIED

Rain: 151 DIAQUALIFIED

First FPV flight with Dragon link UHF: 51

Clouds are too easy. FPV swift and ezstar in the clouds. trappy is not here: 92 DISQUALIFIED

rssi prob: 35

ZII low and high: 263 DISQUALIFIED

Rain: 151 DIAQUALIFIED
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
643 Posts
Absaltitudes won!?!?! He just got his DL a couple weeks ago haha way to go man! Funny story, I have a video I need to post with both of us crashing our planes at practically the same time lol. Maybe next weeks contest
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
I did my best to transmit the perceptions of an exteme FPV session through a PC screen.
A super carbon reinforced Skywalker, 1450kv motor, 2x3000 4S batts and assited by the Rvosd and my loved Dragonlink.

I hope you enjoy.

Skywalker Stunts II - Dragonlink (0 min 0 sec)

Greetings from Spain,
Japanx.
Japanx is online now Find More Posts by Japanx
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:23 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexnoobs247 View Post
Absaltitudes won!?!?! He just got his DL a couple weeks ago haha way to go man! Funny story, I have a video I need to post with both of us crashing our planes at practically the same time lol. Maybe next weeks contest
Videos like that one make me wish I flew planes rather than multicopters... and then I remember that I can fly my multicopter in my apartment
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
Videos like that one make me wish I flew planes rather than multicopters... and then I remember that I can fly my multicopter in my apartment
He has a quad as well. That thing is awesome. I'll be getting a quad as my next platform, because then I don't have to go to the flying field. I can fly it off my deck lol
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Falcon 4.0! Ever finish the manual? Man, what an awesome game. Nobody has come close.
LOMAC was fairly close - better in some ways

I have a Falcon 4.0 manual sitting on my desk ... too cool.
robstach is offline Find More Posts by robstach
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdogangle View Post
I have really good spatial awareness, and also an enhanced ability to interpret instrument readings, which is a huge advantage for flying FPV, especially when situations like this come up.
Translation:
He 'lucked" it in.

Remarkable flying glassdogangle! I actually was holding my breath.
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanx View Post
I did my best to transmit the perceptions of an exteme FPV session through a PC screen.
A super carbon reinforced Skywalker, 1450kv motor, 2x3000 4S batts and assited by the Rvosd and my loved Dragonlink.

I hope you enjoy.

Greetings from Spain,
Japanx.
Great flying Japanx!
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Great flying Japanx!
Thank you sir! I'm learning as fast as i can!
Japanx is online now Find More Posts by Japanx
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
For those who want dummy load at good price and good brand (radiall), you can buy 10 for 8.5 USD :

dummies load

Cedric
Bump !
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
518 Posts
F-16 Flown With DragonLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Falcon 4.0! Ever finish the manual? Man, what an awesome game. Nobody has come close.
I actually did get pretty deep into the game. It is an awesome simulator. It took me days just to learn how to land that F-16! Incredibly real!

Man, I wish my video on the last page could have been entered in the contest. Hopefully my next great video will be able to read, "Flown With DRAGONLINK!" on it!

One way or the other, in the next year or two, I will be posting a video entitled, "F-16 Fighting Falcon - Flown with DragonLink!" I have been wanting to do that since 25 years ago, since I was a kid, and someday it will happen...

Waiting for my replacement receiver. Very anxiously! Thanks Mike!
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Bump !
Are you asking or telling? If telling, you already mentioned it, no need to bump it. If you're asking, yeah, the 50ohm terminators should work just fine.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Help needed! Dragonlink status lights ok was working fine yesterday. Done nothing to it but today nothing. Lights same as usual but no movement of servos and esc going mad!
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!
Mike
Hey Mike, Please omit my Video this week, I just like to show what I fly and was hoping to stimulate more videos of this awesome gear! Im also trying to influence my local guys to get Dragonlink so I keep making movies to show what they are missing...

Please omit:
FPV over Oak Ridge TN pt.3 - Flown with DragonLink
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member