HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:45 AM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,899 Posts
Swapped out the 2.4GHz FrSky receiver on my quad for a dragonlink receiver. Took as much time as pulling out the connectors from the FrSky, and plugging them into the Dragonlink. Did not touch any settings, trims ... nothing !! Cable ties to hold the receiver on, and another to secure the antenna. Power up and .... everything works.. . Test flight ... everything works .. . Two battery packs through the quad flying fpv, and didn't have to give the R/C side of things a thought ... just like Mike says .... even happier customer now ..

Mark
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:06 AM
Canada, ON, Southampton
Joined Feb 2005
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Swapped out the 2.4GHz FrSky receiver on my quad for a dragonlink receiver. Took as much time as pulling out the connectors from the FrSky, and plugging them into the Dragonlink. Did not touch any settings, trims ... nothing !! Cable ties to hold the receiver on, and another to secure the antenna. Power up and .... everything works.. . Test flight ... everything works .. . Two battery packs through the quad flying fpv, and didn't have to give the R/C side of things a thought ... just like Mike says .... even happier customer now ..

Mark
DL and multis work well together. Too bad about the Hawks losing the Grand Final.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:00 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
824 Posts
Hi guys i managed to get 2.20 miles today. i know thats not impressive to most but i was haiving loads of fun. Need a patch and a large db 1.2ghz antenna. Anyone know where to get one from? cheers austin.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Going to use some nyrod for my mikrocopter antenna. Like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFU96

Is it ok signal wise, to slip the antenna inside the nyrod or should I just wrap it around and fasten to the outside?
naturecannon is offline Find More Posts by naturecannon
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Going to use some nyrod for my mikrocopter antenna. Like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFU96

Is it ok signal wise, to slip the antenna inside the nyrod or should I just wrap it around and fasten to the outside?
nylon or foam won't affect 433MHz UHF much at all
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
406 Posts
Hi?
Does anyone use Foxtech AIO google with DL.
My problem is DL does not process Head Tracker signals.
Did anyone have this problem before?
Thanks
Firat
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post

Put the wire inside the nyrod, it is much nicer this way and no reduction in range. I do this on all my planes.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hi?
Does anyone use Foxtech AIO google with DL.
My problem is DL does not process Head Tracker signals.
Did anyone have this problem before?
Thanks
Firat
Version 1 Dragon Link did not have head tracking... Version 2 does

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:31 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Hi guys i managed to get 2.20 miles today. i know thats not impressive to most but i was haiving loads of fun. Need a patch and a large db 1.2ghz antenna. Anyone know where to get one from? cheers austin.
Congratulations, you will find that you push that distance up every day, and soon you will be going 10 times that far

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolabuzlu View Post
First of all, thank you all for your valuable help.
I totally occupied the thread for my situation, I am sorry.
I totally set up my system with the new v2 manual you said.
I did everything you users said.
Did the same as the Aurora 9 users above.
Tx links with Rx ok, but blue led is not solid, is blinking.
I give right aileron movement, servo moves correct, but 1.5 seconds later.
My problem is that.
I sent pm to try with another new tx/rx system.
Thank you again.
Best regards to all users.
No problem, we are here to help all our Dragon Link users, and everyone is welcome to post, and should post until thier systems are set up and working perfectly. I agree, you have done all you possibly could, so it is time to send you a new replacement system to try. Keep the system you have until the new one arrives, this will give you more equipment to test with. We will get you up and flying soon !!!

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:32 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Trying to calibrate. I'm getting LED blinking green/off like six times, then it blinks red one time, then back to blinking green. Continues this cycle. Is this correct? All three LEDs on Rx are lit.

If I let go of the bind button when the LED is yellow (orange), it alternates quickly between red and yellow (orange).

Also, doing this with the Rx antenna OFF. Not sure how this would even work?

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/47

I also cannot get it to bind, using Futaba 9CHP. DL Tx has solid green when I turn it on normally.

One thing, I read that you must use the jumper between signal pins 5/6 on the Rx for calibration. However, I also read that some boards are misprinted, so 5/6 might not really be 5/6. Should I try calibration with the jumper on 3/4 (as if the printing on the board was reversed?)

Also, received unit w/ no dummy load.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:21 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Update, got it to 'bind' but not really. The blue LED on the RX blinks and performance suffers from really bad latency. LEDs on TX never really blinked as described in the instructions for calibration and binding. Please help. My experience is pretty much like Kolabuzlu, except I'm using Futaba 9CHP.

e
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Just got my DL this week. Hooked it up to the 9x. Got a good green light on Tx.
I also am getting yellow/red (not green/red) flash when attempting to calibrate!

Just tried it on my Futaba - same thing as Egaus
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Oh wait now, I think I might be getting somewhere. The instructions are not very well written. Within the same document (on first page of this thread) there is contradictory information.

Page 8:

 Calibrate (Hold the button at least 10 seconds, or until the LED turns RED)
o Fast flashing between RED and GREEN
o See the “Calibration” section for more details

In "Calibration" section, page 12:

4. Hold down the button for about 10 seconds, or until the LED turns YELLOW

In "Bind" section, Page 8:

Bind (Hold the button down for at least 5 seconds, or until the LED turns YELLOW)
o Fast flashing between GREEN and OFF
o See the “Binding and Failsafe” section for more details.

Page 14:

4. Wait at least 5 seconds, or until the LED turns GREEN and then release the button.

I'm now following instruction on page 12 and 14. Finally getting a regular flashing between green and red for calibration. Will update in about 1/2 hour.

e
Last edited by egaus; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:55 PM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Oh wait now, I think I might be getting somewhere. The instructions are not very well written. Within the same document (on first page of this thread) there is contradictory information.

Page 8:

 Calibrate (Hold the button at least 10 seconds, or until the LED turns RED)
o Fast flashing between RED and GREEN
o See the “Calibration” section for more details

In "Calibration" section, page 12:

4. Hold down the button for about 10 seconds, or until the LED turns YELLOW

In "Bind" section, Page 8:

Bind (Hold the button down for at least 5 seconds, or until the LED turns YELLOW)
o Fast flashing between GREEN and OFF
o See the “Binding and Failsafe” section for more details.

Page 14:

4. Wait at least 5 seconds, or until the LED turns GREEN and then release the button.

I expect cryptic documentation from Chinese products (Naza), not American made.

e

There are still some bubbles in the to work out but once you get you DL hooked up and working you will be very happy with the performance. I have flow out farther than I would have believed was ever possible and never even had to think about the rc control. All I was worried about was if my battery would get me home. I'm still using the V1 system so I I'm not familiar with the lights on the V2.
metalbender4by is online now Find More Posts by metalbender4by