HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:52 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 1 October 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 7 October 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 01, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:53 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Dragon Link Weekly Video Contest Results

It was good to see lots of people flying and making videos this week This weeks winner is Castle Woodstock - [Flight Box HD] - *Flown with Dragon Link* - Tricopter FPV with 1497 Views. I just have one question, where there corcodiles in the moat Send me your full name and address Slowjett, and what version firmware you have, and I will send your RX to you !

Castle Woodstock - [Flight Box HD] - *Flown with Dragon Link* - Tricopter FPV: 1497

White 2 Flown with Dragonlink: 263

hexacamfpv1- Flown with dragonlink: 352

Skywalker FPV Up To 3500ft: 304 DISQALIFIED ( No " Flown with Dragon Link " in title or video )

voyager,esto mejora "dragon link UHF " : 246

FPV over Oak Ridge TN pt.2 - Flown with DragonLink: 79

Iconic X Flight: 343 DISQUALIFIED ( No " Flown with Dragon Link " in title or video )

hod hasharon sunrise fpv: 62 DISQUALIFIED ( No " Flown with Dragon Link " in title or video )

FPV - dream: 7875 DISQUALIFIED Posted months ago

Castle Woodstock - [Flight Box HD] - *Flown with Dragon Link* - Tricopter FPV (2 min 42 sec)

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
694 Posts
So if I just received a new system ( within the last few weeks) and my RX has channel 9 PPM what FW features / fixes am I missing?

Chris
imagebuff is online now Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:02 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
So if I just received a new system ( within the last few weeks) and my RX has channel 9 PPM what FW features / fixes am I missing?

Chris
You are missing the RSSI fix, and the channel 12 PPM fix. We also had some major updates and fixes for the transmitter in the past couple weeks.

Your system will work great, and fly perfectly, and give you incredible performance. These are just improvements we constantly make.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:02 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Mike, I received my V1 TX and two RX back from firmware update last week (thanks!) - should I perform calibration on both RX back at home?
Yes, you must calibrate your receiver, this is VERY IMPORTANT !!!

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:03 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post

Chris
P.S. The new RX I just sent you has the new firmware in it

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
For those of you using or about to use theTurnigy 9X w/ER9x firmware, PPM with a DragonLink system and Naza. Here is a good thread with Turnigy 9X settings, channel mixes etc.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22880339. I am new to the Turnigy 9X and the thread was a huge time saver
naturecannon is offline Find More Posts by naturecannon
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Yes,

The old firmware had some issues when flying with other UHF systems. The new firmware completely fixes this issue See page 700 of this thread for complete deatails on how to upgrade your firmware for free or click here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10486

The firmware upgrade makes a HUGE difference.

Mike
Hi Mike that link for upgrading system says upgrading version 1 dragon links, my friend and i are running Version 2 Dragon Links, is the firmware upgrade applicable for version 2 systems aswell?
thanks, Marty
marty_mcfly is offline Find More Posts by marty_mcfly
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
P.S. The new RX I just sent you has the new firmware in it

Mike

where to buy from you so its got latest firmware ?
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
Hi Mike that link for upgrading system says upgrading version 1 dragon links, my friend and i are running Version 2 Dragon Links, is the firmware upgrade applicable for version 2 systems aswell?
thanks, Marty
How close were you guys next to each other?

Your current firmware is supposed to be the best in terms of preventing failsafes from other UHF systems in the area. Im wondering how many other people have this problem.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
119 Posts
we are standing about 10 meters or 30 feet apart in video
marty_mcfly is offline Find More Posts by marty_mcfly
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:46 PM
Australia, NSW, Seven Hills
Joined Dec 2010
17 Posts
I'm trying to find a copy of the manual for a dragon link V1
I just want to know which are the ground pins which are the signal and wich are the V+ pins

Many thanks
secant0give is offline Find More Posts by secant0give
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:17 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
thanks, Marty
The new Version 2 systems fly very well together. We have had people fly 4 Version 2 systems together at an FPV meet at the same time with perfect results

As I said before, there is no rush to update the firmware in Version 2 systems, you can ignore false RSSI readings, this does not mean you are in or about to go into failsafe, the RSSI is simply reading low between hops when this is no signal sent. We did fix this bug, but the firmware upgrade will NOT affect the performance of your system. The upgrades for the version 2 systems are for logical and intuitive LED indications, Futaba Micro PPM 12 channel mode, and things like this. Any firmware update will NOT affect the performance of the new Version 2 systems.... The new version 2 system is performing incredibly well, and we have no need to make any changes that would affect range, or change rejection to interference, etc. We are very happy with the trouble free RC link and performance right where it is now

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 01, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:55 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secant0give View Post
I just want to know which are the ground pins which are the signal and wich are the V+ pins

Many thanks
Brown is Ground, Red is Voltage in +, and Orange is PPM in.

No huge worries hooking it up, Version 1 Transmitters sold after August 2010 are fully protected and will not be harmed if you accidently hook it up wrong.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:49 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secant0give View Post

Many thanks
On the DL Rx, the ground pin is the closest to the board (edge), the middle row of pins is the V+, and the top most row is the signal pins.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member