SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:44 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daronj View Post
Hi all, I have been looking at a number of UHF systems over the last few weeks and believe that I have finally settled on the Dragon Link system. I have a quick question about connecting the DL to my JR xp8103 radio. Does the DL system come with the 5 pin plug that will connect to the back of my JR radio, or do I need to find that elsewhere? If not, anyone know where to get this plug?

Thanks,
Daron
You can get a DragonLink with a JR connector, yes.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:18 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
420 Posts
Congrad Dragon link Team.
Yesterday, first time I made some ground tests. For video I use BEVRC 1,3GHZ system. There was not any interference on video, when I powered the DL both in low and high.
My friend has another brand UHF which is two times more expensive than DL. He vet badly suffered very bad video intereference and had to buy new system.
One more time thanks to Dragon Team.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
I Changed back to the Dipole (which is now as vertical as possible on both feed and ground) and I've not noticed any glitches but I did notice when range testing that the 'resolution' (I'm not sure if thats the correct term) seems to be drastically reduced at distance (e.g. the control surfaces dont move smoothly) is this normal?
DaveyLC is offline Find More Posts by DaveyLC
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:55 AM View Post
octane81
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while octane81 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Hi all, many thanks to Chris1seto for arduino code, at this time my arduino generate perfect PPM - AeroSimRC USB-adapter works with it very good. But my DL is still don't work with it - led indicator is red. I tried to make power supply of DL and arduino from one LIPO, I tried to make power supply of DL from LIPO and arduino from USB and connect "-" of arduino to "-" of LIPO.
It still don't work. When I power on DL led is red for short time, then green for 0,5 sec and then red. What I do wrong?
Strizh_09 is offline Find More Posts by Strizh_09
Last edited by Strizh_09; Sep 10, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:55 AM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
This thread is gay
Happy or homosexual? Please, enlighten us.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daronj View Post
Hi all, I have been looking at a number of UHF systems over the last few weeks and believe that I have finally settled on the Dragon Link system. I have a quick question about connecting the DL to my JR xp8103 radio. Does the DL system come with the 5 pin plug that will connect to the back of my JR radio, or do I need to find that elsewhere? If not, anyone know where to get this plug?

Thanks,
Daron
The Dragon Link comes with this connector standard. No soldering needed, just insert the pins into the correct sockets for the JR and it will work.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
My dragon link has a standard 3pin JR (servo) connector.. You'd have to source the connector and its probably a 5 pin din connector
DaveyLC is offline Find More Posts by DaveyLC
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
Just tried to order a system, added one to the cart, and then says "sold out" at checkout. I just sold my v1 system and really expected to grab the v2 system this week since this thread had been advertising "shipping in 24 hours" and the web site doesn't say anything about being out of stock..aaargh! When can I order a v2 system?

Chris
I had not updated the stock level after my last batch, and the system will only systems that are in stock and ready to ship. I have now updated the stock level, you can buy one and all orders ship within 24 hours Thanks for calling this to my attention !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyLC View Post
My dragon link has a standard 3pin JR (servo) connector.. You'd have to source the connector and its probably a 5 pin din connector
We ship the 5 pin connector for the RF module, it comes standard with the system

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:36 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
WHAT! That totally blows. Hope not out of stock as I was going to order after Mike answered my PM. I had the impression avalibilty was pretty good seeing the ship in 24 hour comments and no mention of stick becoming low.

Ezuhf the next best alternative?
Stock is not low, I have a LOT of them in stock. I just forgot to update the system with the last production batch, so it stopped selling them You can now order as many as you like

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
[QUOTE=kaz1104;22687477][Quote] Question About Dragon Link
Hi,
I am considering buying the Dragon Link to boost my RC signal for my UAV. I have a Spektrum DX7 radio and AR7000 receiver now. I don't see Spektrum radios listed on the Dragon Link's website as one of the radio types that can be used for it. Can it be used? If so, would I need to use a different receiver with the Dragon Link hookup?

Thanks,

Jan
Quote:

There is mention here >> http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12 .
Shows and describes connections for a DX7 Spektrum transmitter......
I beleive I put on the website that the Dragon Link works with ALL RC transmitter types, I will check that to make sure. I need to make that more clear as I do get this question a lot.

The Dragon LInk comes with a receiver, and everything you need to hook it up and fly

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n110wa View Post
Thanks Metalbender no I didn't and that will help after I get it to Bind but what channles is wich does not madder I don't think right now I can't get any channle to work its not binding. I still can't get it to bind is there info anywhere else on the internet on how to bind? is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm flying with a FM right now because I can't get this to work and its really starting to be a pain. I don't have a lot of time left to fly this year. It will be cold and white here real soon (IOWA)
Hi,

First, your Dragon Link is FULLY GUARANTEED, you will get a working system before the snow comes We usually find that problems like this are caused by improper hookup, so we need to know exactly what LED indications you are getting on both the TX and RX, then we can help you find and fix the problem. Finding and fixing a simple hookup problem is much faster and easier than shipping a new system and still not having it work, so we always ask for the details of the hookup and what you are seeing first.

In the less likely case that you have a defective peice of hardware, it will be replaced with a new one right away, no need to wait for repairs

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
I dunked my DL RX in a retaining pond today. Luckily it's mainly fresh water. I don't know that it got submerged, because it landed upside down and the DL is in the belly. When I pulled it out of the plane there was a sense of dampness in the bay but no sign of water under the heatshrink. Same goes for the DOSD. Lost my KX6 camera, though. But my RSSI numbers were great!
Fresh water will not hurt the Dragon Link receiver as long as it is not powered. We actually clean with with water and other chemicals as part of the manufacturing process. Salt water will kill it badly So if the water was even slighty salty, I would suggest taking the heatshrink off, and soak it in fresh water for a couple hours, then rinse it very well with tap water.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wister View Post
Hi,

Do I have to do anything to get ppm out from ch9 on the rx? I have been looking but havent been able to find any info on it.

thanks for any help,

John
Try channel 12, PPM is now on channel 12.

Mike
Site Sponsor