SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
Can you point me to any place with instructions on building a trainer port connector? I've not had any luck finding any,

From what I understand the trainport on the DX7s is a mono phono jack which has 2 contacts. The DL has 3 wires to connect... ???? (and a "sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't" resistor)

This page is of almost no help.. http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12

What version is your DL TX & RX . MINE IS V2 . Resistors I think are already installed . Not sure about older version DL . But think it will work but you need the resistors
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankheadrc View Post
What version is your DL TX & RX . MINE IS V2 . Resistors I think are already installed . Not sure about older version DL . But think it will work but you need the resistors
Got it in early April??? The receiver is version "C", iirc.
sl4ppy is offline Find More Posts by sl4ppy
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Can you point me to any place with instructions on building a trainer port connector? I've not had any luck finding any,

From what I understand the trainport on the DX7s is a mono phono jack which has 2 contacts. The DL has 3 wires to connect... ???? (and a "sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't" resistor)

This page is of almost no help.. http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12

If you pause my video you can see some what how I hooked it up .
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankheadrc View Post
If you pause my video you can see some what how I hooked it up .
Yeah, I can see how it works enough to set it up..

just worried about quotes like this on the DL site and it being echoed here and on FPVLab.. :/

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12
Quote:
The JR trainer port has very low PPM levels, and should be a last resort for connection to the Dragon Link. It will work in some cases, but many have reported unsatisfactory results using the trainer port JR radios.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Got it in early April??? The receiver is version "C", iirc.
You might need the resistor , try it first if doesn't work you will need to add the resistors . Not sure where or exactly how but mike should be able to guide you throught .
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:

just worried about quotes like this on the DL site and it being echoed here and on FPVLab.. :/

That was the way was going until I posted ? Here to Jettpilot / Mike
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
I'll give that a shot.. Do I not need to be worried about all the posts saying JR/Spektrum trainer port PPM level are too low to work well?
If ppm out of DX7 is low or not enough the green led on dragon link won't light up or wont work at all , that's when you would need the resistors , then you should be fine .
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:41 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,460 Posts
Does anybody know if Mike is still accepting upgrades for the old Dragon Link V1's?
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Does anybody know if Mike is still accepting upgrades for the old Dragon Link V1's?
Curious about this as well.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:10 PM
Council Bluffs, IA
Joined Apr 2006
17 Posts
Wrong receivers

My neighbor and I both have DL version 1s that we bought a couple months before the v2 came out. (i think we got them back in april) Anyway we ordered a couple new receivers from RMRC and they are the v2 receivers. THey will not bind. I am assuming that we have a different firmware version or something because before when I ordered extra receivers from DL I had to specificy when my DL TX shipped and I did not have to @ RMRC. The reason I thought it would be alright is because last time I ordered receivers I thought I got v2 receivers because they had the extra LEDs that the old ones didnt have so i assumed that the v2s were compatible with the older TXs but i guess you know what they say about assuming.... So my question is am I correct that the firmware versions are incompatible and that I will need have the firmwares flashed on the receivers or exchange them? Also if that is the problem is there a cable available somewhere to flash them myself? I am sorry if this was covered somewhere else in the hundreds of pages in this thread but I didnt have time to read them all so i could work all the OT I can to support this dang hobby. Thanks in advance.
gIMpYchUM is offline Find More Posts by gIMpYchUM
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:20 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2006
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
No, at this time it will not autopilot a VTOL craft. The Naza GPS upgrade will give you position hold and return to home functions, however, and costs about the same as DOSD when you add an inexpensive OSD to the multirotor.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have the gps module, I am interested in the waypoint ability. hopefully some day they will an upgrade for the VTOL craft.

thanks again.

John
wister is offline Find More Posts by wister
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:30 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:

This was more an issue with the dx6. The 7 and 8 have run off the trainer port for lots of people. The resistors are not needed for use with spektrum radios.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:32 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Yes, mike is still doing free upgrades.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:34 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIMpYchUM View Post
My neighbor and I both have DL version 1s that we bought a couple months before the v2 came out. (i think we got them back in april) Anyway we ordered a couple new receivers from RMRC and they are the v2 receivers. THey will not bind. I am assuming that we have a different firmware version or something because before when I ordered extra receivers from DL I had to specificy when my DL TX shipped and I did not have to @ RMRC. The reason I thought it would be alright is because last time I ordered receivers I thought I got v2 receivers because they had the extra LEDs that the old ones didnt have so i assumed that the v2s were compatible with the older TXs but i guess you know what they say about assuming.... So my question is am I correct that the firmware versions are incompatible and that I will need have the firmwares flashed on the receivers or exchange them? Also if that is the problem is there a cable available somewhere to flash them myself? I am sorry if this was covered somewhere else in the hundreds of pages in this thread but I didnt have time to read them all so i could work all the OT I can to support this dang hobby. Thanks in advance.
The cable isn't quite available yet. You're better off getting your Tx and older receivers upgraded, instead of getting the new ones downgraded.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIMpYchUM View Post

have you had any problems flying at the same time?
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett