HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:23 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Thanks very much for all three of your answers. I do like the idea of adding the DL to an already Hi end radio but Im not sure my budget allows this at the moment. Not with whats on my bench

The (x is just so dam cheap to be honest, I cant imagine its any good ? But Im listening to you guys and it might be an option....
Hey Bing, any radio that you have with a plug in module RF unit will be the easiest to convert. I have a JR 3810 and it was genuinly a 5 minute job to fit the DL. By using the module pins you don't need a secondary power source for the DL either like you do using the trainer port. And it's not a permanent conversion. I can whack the 36MHz module back in whenever I want. Easy
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:46 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,355 Posts
Wow...is this the Dragon Link thread or the 'I love my 9X thread'? Course...gotta say, I have a Multiplex Royal Evo 9 Tx...and prefer my 9X over it. I only wish my 9X had two 3-way switchs vs just one.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:51 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Wow...is this the Dragon Link thread or the 'I love my 9X thread'? Course...gotta say, I have a Multiplex Royal Evo 9 Tx...and prefer my 9X over it. I only wish my 9X had two 3-way switchs vs just one.
Just do a Rotary to 3 way switch mod. I changed 2 of them to 3 way switches for FY-31AP usage. Takes about an hour.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Just do a Rotary to 3 way switch mod. I changed 2 of them to 3 way switches for FY-31AP usage. Takes about an hour.
Oh really...Hmmmm...sounds inticing. So you just dropped a 3-way in place of the rotary, attached wires, and done?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
South Africa, WC, Paarl
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Hi Mike

Sorry to repost, but you missed mine when answering.

"I have received my 2 new receivers today. The one worked perfectly, binded and calibrated immediately, the other one binded and then died. There are no leds and no movement at all. Is there anything I can do bearing in mind that I am far from you

Ben"

I also sent you an e-mail

Ben
Benpaarl is offline Find More Posts by Benpaarl
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
528 Posts
hey, i was going to get a dragon link v2 for my turnigy 9x radio. how does it install? will it work if i already have a frsky module in it? is it just plug and play?
fpvguy is offline Find More Posts by fpvguy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvguy View Post
hey, i was going to get a dragon link v2 for my turnigy 9x radio. how does it install? will it work if i already have a frsky module in it? is it just plug and play?
Check my blog for DL and 9X connection info...easy peasy. You'll need to pop out your Frsky module to connect the DL .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
Hi i recive the DL at home 2 weeks ago, and i have Futaba T7C but i cant see where are the manual for intall the DL, do you know a web or something i can see to install mine? thnx
bilingue is offline Find More Posts by bilingue
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Im at a total loss here... I am a beginer in fpv. Is there anyone that has a wiring diagram of how to wire up the dragon link v2 with eagle tree osd pro. I have serched to no avail.

Looking for basicly fpv for dummies guide... I got it hooked up to my tx but when it comes to my plane im at a loss.
Shoeless801 is offline Find More Posts by Shoeless801
Last edited by Shoeless801; Jul 03, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:51 PM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless801 View Post
Im at a total loss here... I am a beginer in fpv. Is there anyone that has a wiring diagram of how to wire up the dragon link v2 with eagle tree osd pro. I have serched to no avail.

Looking for basicly fpv for dummies guide... I got it hooked up to my tx but when it comes to my plane im at a loss.
You hook it up just like any other receiver you would use. ESC into the throttle channel on the DL, or preferably power it with an external BEC. Use the PPM out channel (it used to be channel 12) to go to your Eagle Tree OSD and there is also an RSSI pin out that will go to your ETOSD (you will probably only hook up signal with this one, no ground). Hope that helps
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
was looking for a diagram of some sorts.. even a rough sketch.
Shoeless801 is offline Find More Posts by Shoeless801
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:48 PM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
I don't have one on hand at the moment, I'm not at home. I'm sure someone on here will be able to deliver a picture or a diagram soon. If not, I'll try to do it when I get home.
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-OCHO View Post
What do you need more than this. (<== Link)
Plus a few questions on this forum about specifics.
Like don't calibrate with servo's attached. (I wonder why people would do it anyway)
Haha, sorry guys, have been so hooked to this forum, I completely forgot to look on the DL website!! Haha, can you imagine that...

Thanks!!
MikeyFPV is offline Find More Posts by MikeyFPV
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Just add another switch Van.. 2 X 2.5k resistors and one 3 posistion switch and about 10mins work
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:42 PM
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Joined Aug 2005
75 Posts
Perhaps Mike or someone else can help me out?

I just received my DL. When I connect the tx to my Futaba trainer port and turn it on, the led on the DL tx does not light up at all. I checked the voltage coming out of the trainer port cable that is fed into the DL tx, it is 7.6 volts. Trainer cable is connected to the "radio" plug in the DL tx.

Am I missing something? Is there a hidden on/off switch on de DL tx that I am not aware of?
I fear there might be something wrong with it, because when I plug the cable into the DL tx the pcb board seems to move inside the case.
GertB is offline Find More Posts by GertB