Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Why wouldn't you just get the refund and get one from Tim at readymaderc?
Well LostHeli, that is a personal question, but since you asked:

1) I guess because each time he says he will send it I believed him. He shipped my DL so fast, it gave me renewed confidence.
2) Because Mike's being so busy could cause him to forget to refund the money just as easily as he has forgotten to ship the item. That would leave me in limbo, not wanting to spend more money on another vendor until my refund arrived.
3) Because I am tenatious by nature, and don't easily give up anything.
4) these DOSD are a limited run model that are less expensive because they have 50% less memory, which I don't need. I purchased the DL and I'm WAY over my original budget.

Somehow, I really believe Mike will send it this time.
Come on Mike, make me happy!!!
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Last edited by iskess; Jun 27, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2 Posts
Hey Guys,
I bought a DL in late November and have yet to get around to getting it to work properly. Thinking I had a bad reciever version C and recieving no reply from Mike via email I just ordered a new reciever with the LED's cause I will be needing another anyways. I can get the new reciever to bind because the yellow LED goes out and the blue comes on flashing intermittantly, and if I turn off the transmitter the blue LED stays off. My transmitter is hooked to a 7C fasst via the pins for the module in the back, and I checked 4 times to make sure its hooked to the transmitter properly which im sure it is cause im getting a steady green LED on the DL transmitter. If i plug a servo into the version 2 (newest) reciever I get nothing on any channel for control, and there is no PPM or PCM setting on the 2.4 Futaba. Occasionally Ill get a servo twich when I plug it into the reciever, but nothing other than that. Any ideas??
elky82 is offline Find More Posts by elky82
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elky82 View Post
Hey Guys,
I bought a DL in late November and have yet to get around to getting it to work properly. Thinking I had a bad reciever version C and recieving no reply from Mike via email I just ordered a new reciever with the LED's cause I will be needing another anyways. I can get the new reciever to bind because the yellow LED goes out and the blue comes on flashing intermittantly, and if I turn off the transmitter the blue LED stays off. My transmitter is hooked to a 7C fasst via the pins for the module in the back, and I checked 4 times to make sure its hooked to the transmitter properly which im sure it is cause im getting a steady green LED on the DL transmitter. If i plug a servo into the version 2 (newest) reciever I get nothing on any channel for control, and there is no PPM or PCM setting on the 2.4 Futaba. Occasionally Ill get a servo twich when I plug it into the reciever, but nothing other than that. Any ideas??
Be sure to check the signals again, i had the same problem. i tryed to rebind and everything nothing worked. The last thing i checked was the signal cable from my radio to the dl tx, when i bent it in a special way everything worked. turned out i had a faulty signal cable!
MaGuNs is offline Find More Posts by MaGuNs
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender4by View Post
I cant answer you question but I do know that if the rx is damaged in any way it may not be safe to fly with. I would not risk the many dollars I have in my planes/quads to a damaged rx. The risk is to great safety and monitaraly.
I hear you and I agree with you! That's why I was hoping for an answer or reply as I truly don't think that I blew the RX but I won't say it is impossible.

Think about this though: based on your first sentence it sounds like you performed a calibration, have no idea what it does or why need to do it, but someone said it should be done so you've done it. And, most importantly, you feel better using the equipment.

I'm not being sarcastic and it's a bit of a different situation, but I think that if it is stated in various areas in big bold letters "Make sure you calibrate!" someone should know and be able to explain what's happening during that calibration right?

Hope that makes sense..

I'd like to be clear here - I'm not bashing, flaming, crucifying, or defaming anyone here .. I like to understand the equipment I'm working with (even if my pea-brain can't handle it!) I've just never had to put this much "work" into a $300 piece of equipment before and for all of the reasons you mention (safety / money ) I'd like to be an expert BEFORE I fly.
robstach is offline Find More Posts by robstach
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Awww balls... rx's are sold out.

I've been grounded.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstach View Post
Awww balls... rx's are sold out.

I've been grounded.
Do you need a loaner? Just pay for shipping both ways (~$5 each way). Keep it until you can get one from Mike, or just have him send it direct to me. Hate to see you grounded when I have a spare.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,413 Posts
I'm not sure if lostheli is associated with dragonlink or not, but his attitude really turns me off to the whole product offering. It would be nice if Mike were to come in and proclaim that Lostheli is not Mike's sock, as lostheli facetiously claimed at some point. Sometimes having a person act as a spokesman can drive people away.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
ANY 10 K resistor will work, the wattage rating does not matter. Personally, I like the tiny ones just because they look nicer after installation.

If you need, I can send you a couple. I still have a bunch left from Version 1.

Mike
Hi Mike
I installed the resistor today and it worked so for the Futaba 9c Transmitter, if you are pluging into the module plug (not the training plug) you will require the resistor to be installed.
beeper is offline Find More Posts by beeper
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Do you need a loaner? Just pay for shipping both ways (~$5 each way). Keep it until you can get one from Mike, or just have him send it direct to me. Hate to see you grounded when I have a spare.
Wow - that's very kind and generous of you. I can wait it out though - I do appreciate your offer. You sir, are awesome!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstach View Post
Wow - that's very kind and generous of you. I can wait it out though - I do appreciate your offer. You sir, are awesome!
That's what these forums are all about, a community to share and help each other, I'm just wanting to "pay it forward" for all the generosity I've received.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,004 Posts
Mike,
I sent you an email a couple weeks ago with my address for the old firmware video contest RX i won a while ago. I got no reply and haven't received the RX. Did you get my email? Its being shipped to 01083
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:10 AM
Malaysia, Johor, Johor Bahru
Joined Feb 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Simplify Your Shipping With PayPal

PayPal offers a free, convenient and easy way to take care of your shipping needs with a variety of helpful shipping tools - with no hidden fees.

After you receive a payment, click the Print Shipping Label button on your Account Overview or History page to access the shipping tools.

With PayPal Shipping You Can:
o Create postage-paid shipping labels in just minutes
o Pay for shipping and insurance with your PayPal account, with no monthly fees or surcharges
o Create and print a pre-filled packing slip, detailing what you are shipping to your buyer
o Ship internationally with PayPal-provided Customs forms
o Track and confirm the arrival of your shipments with delivery confirmation
o Void your shipping label and get a refund for misprinted labels canceled within 24 hours
o Print multiple U.S. Postal Service labels at once with MultiOrder Shipping
i am totally agreed with you N6145k.

actually i am happy with mike. i already received my DL shipment (malaysia) within 10 days.

actually you wrote my road name wrongly. supposed "..10/19 " not "..10/9"

luckily i have the track number and watch it everyday, i fetch the shipment from postoffice, the postmen said it almost send back to USA because wrong address

we sincerely support you mike to make better post management..
ultrojo is offline Find More Posts by ultrojo
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:15 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Someones can you explain exactly what's "Small Short Range Transmitter Antenna With Hinge" ? Why should I buy this extra antenna ?
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:33 AM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Someones can you explain exactly what's "Small Short Range Transmitter Antenna With Hinge" ? Why should I buy this extra antenna ?
You don't have to buy this antenna, it comes with the DL. The DL TX comes with 2 antennas, one long range antenna that is floppy and cumbersome, and a short range that is a comfortable size and has a hinge to adjust it perfectly vertical. I'm sure this is the one used for most flights, but for maximum range the longer one is also included.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:39 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
I would like to have Dragon OSD from Mike, since the price range is more suitable than from ready made rc.

Is there any difference between Dragon OSD from Mike and from ready made rc?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Here is a link.

Awesome place to do business with.
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn