HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,677 Posts
I had a vision last night. Maybe this has already been suggested, or maybe it cannot be done. But what if dl could send down a video signal as well? Just think about not having patchs or elaborate tracking setups. Turn on your DL, plug your goggles into the radio and fly. I know that the plane only has an dl rx, not a tx...but what if video could be sent via 433 like dl. Maybe Im a goof that does not know what he is talking about.

Just thought I would share my vision. Now you guys can tell me how wrong I am or how it wont work. Whoo hoo! 1000 posts!
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Last edited by Ho-Jazz; Nov 10, 2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: 1000 posts!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:26 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
I had a vision last night. Maybe this has already been suggested, or maybe it cannot be done. But what if dl could send down a video signal as well? Just think about not having patchs or elaborate tracking setups. Turn on your DL, plug your goggles into the radio and fly. I know that the plane only has an dl rx, not a tx...but what if video could be sent via 433 like dl. Maybe Im a goof that does not know what he is talking about.

Just thought I would share my vision. Now you guys can tell me how wrong I am or how it wont work. Whoo hoo! 1000 posts!
Ok...you're a goof. Sending and receiving data on the same freq would be asking for them to 'step' all over each other...plus the DL Rx/VTx would be much bigger and combersome. There's plenty of video systems out already. I'm good with using them and leaving my DL on it's own freq.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:33 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ok...you're a goof. Sending and receiving data on the same freq would be asking for them to 'step' all over each other...plus the DL Rx/VTx would be much bigger and combersome. There's plenty of video systems out already. I'm good with using them and leaving my DL on it's own freq.
I agree about not wanting an all in one unit. Too many people want different flavours of this equipment. As smaller components you can pick and choose placement for each to match your plane or flying device. Instead, I would prefer that all the major players create a common body to establish standards for communications, protocols and connection interfaces. I shouldn't have to void the warranty on my Tx because I had to open it up and solder some wires for my DragonLink.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ok...you're a goof.
Ha! I is a goof! I just was daydreaming about a all in one type set up. I thought spectrum is doing this type of thing with their telemetry ...thanks for the explanation.
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:29 AM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
not for dl contest
FPV Hercules Up To 3500 feet (4 min 14 sec)
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:36 AM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
183 Posts
Mike,

Can you check for me, why is my DragonLink stuck at the New York UPSP until now?

Label/Receipt Number: RE82 2894 276U S
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): Registered Mail™
Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on November 06, 2011 at 10:27 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Shipping to most areas of the world takes about 1 week. That being said, customs can do anything they want, and in some cases, they can hold a box for weeks While it is being held, it can not be tracked, and they will not even admit to having it, it is rare, but it happens. This is the second time this has happend to the UK for Dragon Link.

I will tell you a story. I sold a Dragon LInk to a lady in the United Kingdom and sent it right away. After several weeks of waiting, she called customs and they gave her the standard answer of " We do not know anything about this package "... It tracked leaving the USA and then nothing for weeks. After almost a month, she was sure I stole her money and never sent anything, was ready to go to police etc. I told her customs was probably holding it, but that I would send another if it did not show up very soon. She said that she ordered from the USA all the time and NEVER had customs hold anything. Well, there is a first time for everyone, and days later her Dragon Link also showed up, having been held in customs....

So while the vast majority of the time things go as they should, customs does not answer to anyone, and can hold anything any time they want. It is rare, but does happen we you least expect it.

But as I also promised Cir2Kuk, his Dragon Link would arrive, and if not I would send another. Every Person that has ever ordered a Dragon Link has gotten it delivered. No one will ever loose thier money with us.

Mike
plesk is online now Find More Posts by plesk
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:37 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
I love that your dogs at the end are so use to you flying that they are like "meh.. who cares".
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
13 Posts
Hello mike here is one video young of material test for the week competition

quadri at home (5 min 57 sec)
william28270 is offline Find More Posts by william28270
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:44 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Jul 2007
390 Posts
I'm missing my DragonLink cap and can't do a reduced range check. Anyone know where I can get those caps from?
Jumpjet101 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpjet101
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:51 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Jul 2007
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpjet101 View Post
I'm missing my DragonLink cap and can't do a reduced range check. Anyone know where I can get those caps from?
After doing a search, THIS came up. Will this work as a dummy load replacement cap for the DL like the original one?
Jumpjet101 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpjet101
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
I love that your dogs at the end are so use to you flying that they are like "meh.. who cares".
haha ya
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by william28270 View Post
William what batteries / motors are you using? Your voltage barely dropped over 8 mins or so!!
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:05 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
That's pretty cool, mucho gusto
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
That's pretty cool, mucho gusto
thanks eh!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
OK, Dragonlink is setup and ready to go. 12km to beat.
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk