HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2011, 10:01 AM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
Mike,

Tried sending you my 4th PM but your inbox is full. Ha.. full of my PM's!

Anyway.. here's another try at getting a response from you.

I have a problem getting voltage from the RSSI connector. It doesn't appear that the RSSI pin (based on web site pic) has any voltage on it (just mv < 1V or 0). It certainly doesn't change based on TX on or off. I measured RSSI directly with a voltmeter. Everything else about the receiver appears to be working fine. Ideas?

Thanks
Chris

Yes Mike...your box is full
RYBAT is offline Find More Posts by RYBAT
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
Hey Mike,

I've sent you guys an email, a PM, and I have posted about the DLrx. I sent the money via paypal with an address. This was about a month ago. I have not heard from you or recieved the package. Can you send me an update. Thanks.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:38 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
Although there have been some posts on here from people who's orders got missed or lost, I have never seen anyone NOT get their stuff. I don't know how many items Mike ships in a month, but he seems to be a very busy guy. Yet he has also taken the time to fix any errors I have seen posted here. For those of us that purchased when the wait was 3 months, we're giggling at your anxiety
I'm not trying to be a pain, but it clearly states on the site and forums that the system ships in 24hrs. Am I missing something?

Is 3 weeks a normal amount of time for the customs delay?

crashtested is offline Find More Posts by crashtested
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:52 PM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Rybat,

That definately sounds like something stopped working. This is rare, but can happen with new electronics sometimes. Just like a new TV, if it is going to quit, it will usually fail while it is new, or last for many years. Send me your full name and address, since it is hard to know weather your TX or RX stopped, I will send you another full system right away so that you can continue with your project.

Mike

Your Message Box is Full
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitcho View Post
heh heh - I'm not too worried about it ... I can wait. I should have read the *whole* email I got from dragonlabs after I ordered (automated reply i think) - it said all units are shipped within 24 hours and take 2-3 days to get to anywhere in the US.

I was more concerned with whether I'd be able to hook it up to my DX8 - it's hard to find recent information that doesn't involve deconstructing my radio and soldering new components - so thanks for taking the time to put that info down where a search can pick it up.
Just in case you haven't found what you are looking for: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12548

Very simple with a DX8... don't have to open the case at all
odam2k is offline Find More Posts by odam2k
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:56 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
I'm not trying to be a pain, but it clearly states on the site and forums that the system ships in 24hrs. Am I missing something?

No. It's definitely not normal. However, I think it's sometimes hard for Mike to link a post or PM here with the order he receives through paypal, I would include your order number, transaction ID, or any other information you can include which will help him figure out what went wrong with your order.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:09 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,011 Posts
Quote:
I though this as i re-read my post.
Can i just sit in my car?
Ive seen it done, but i thought with much more robust setups. Maybe i can fit my whole antenna tracker under a plastic bubble on the roof of the family conversion van.

Although snowy,windy,wet & muddy dont mesh with flying $1000+ around, i cant imagine holding out all winter !

Maybe one big ski for the front of the skywalker...
Maybe i sacrifice a lesser craft into the elements.

Im sure it will happen some how. Winter here is long and miserable.

Still have no order confirmation though, the anxiety is killing me !
I flew all winter last year with an AXN from HK and it just glide on the snow. Skywalker should do the same, that's what I'm planning to buy later in the winter.

I flew from the car with the DX7 on 2,4 mhz, can't see the DL not working. If I want to go far, I'll just put a longer extension and put the DL Tx on the top of the car with the antenna vertical. As far as the electronics on the plane, I had no problem and I flew at -10C regularly.

Just watch the white landscape, landmarks are harder to find in the winter when everything is white.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:04 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,387 Posts
Quote:

No customs delay if you live in the USA, as the DL is shipped from the USA.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:15 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYBAT View Post
Your Message Box is Full
Hi Rybat,

I have your new replacement system boxed and ready to ship, and I opened up some place in my PM's. Send me your full name and address, and your system will go out first thing in the morning.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
Hi Mike.

I purchased Dragon Link + Futaba cable in November, 2nd.

I would like to know the tracking number.

Do you need just the Paypal ID? May I send you a PM or your PM box is still full?

Thank you.
dan_fpv is offline Find More Posts by dan_fpv
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:39 PM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Rybat,

I have your new replacement system boxed and ready to ship, and I opened up some place in my PM's. Send me your full name and address, and your system will go out first thing in the morning.

Mike
Information sent,

Thanks

Officer K. Wells
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:41 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk View Post
Received my Dragon link today after being in customs for 3 weeks.

But my order is incomplete and is missing my extra Receiver.
Shipping to most areas of the world takes about 1 week. That being said, customs can do anything they want, and in some cases, they can hold a box for weeks While it is being held, it can not be tracked, and they will not even admit to having it, it is rare, but it happens. This is the second time this has happend to the UK for Dragon Link.

I will tell you a story. I sold a Dragon LInk to a lady in the United Kingdom and sent it right away. After several weeks of waiting, she called customs and they gave her the standard answer of " We do not know anything about this package "... It tracked leaving the USA and then nothing for weeks. After almost a month, she was sure I stole her money and never sent anything, was ready to go to police etc. I told her customs was probably holding it, but that I would send another if it did not show up very soon. She said that she ordered from the USA all the time and NEVER had customs hold anything. Well, there is a first time for everyone, and days later her Dragon Link also showed up, having been held in customs....

So while the vast majority of the time things go as they should, customs does not answer to anyone, and can hold anything any time they want. It is rare, but does happen we you least expect it.

But as I also promised Cir2Kuk, his Dragon Link would arrive, and if not I would send another. Every Person that has ever ordered a Dragon Link has gotten it delivered. No one will ever loose thier money with us.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:45 PM
SpliceMILK, BeverlyHills,CA
Joined Feb 2011
1,205 Posts
""""Every Person that has ever ordered a Dragon Link has gotten it delivered. No one will ever loose thier money with us."""""

....well put Mike ! :-)
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:45 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk View Post
Received my Dragon link today after being in customs for 3 weeks.

But my order is incomplete and is missing my extra Receiver.
Cir2kuk,

I have to ask, did you have a paypal note about the free RX for friend rewards in the order ? If not we can still get the free RX sent to you. What I do ask is that if there was no note in paypal, that you pay the shipping if it does not ship with the origional order. If there was a note there and we missed it, I will pay for shipping and send it.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:02 PM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
681 Posts
Hey Mike

No RSSI pin voltage. What do I need to do?

Thanks
Chris
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff