HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:05 AM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I need another Rx, but my current system is not upgraded (Tx and 2 rx's). What to do.....
I just ordered another Rx for my "old" DL system (Nov 2010)....I'm expecting it will work...

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:40 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVgrunt View Post
I've just aquired a JR 10x PCM/PPM and I'm wanting to use a lipo to power the Tx. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that Dragonlink will handle the voltage with no problem. I've read that other people have been doing this for a few years without any problems but they don't use the Dragonlink. As with anything, there is always risk, but I would like to hear from other dragonlink owners that own the same Tx how they are doing this. If you like, just PM me.

Thanks!
The Dragon Link will work with a 2, 3 or 4 Cell LIPO just fine !!! We made sure the Dragon link would work very well with a wide range of voltages. Just be careful for the JR-PCM 10X, I do not know how much voltage it is designed for. I use the JR-PCM10X and love it, with a NIMH pack. With the JR PCM10X, and the Dragon Link I can fly for 3 hours with a standard NIMH pack inside the radio.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:41 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes View Post
I just ordered another Rx for my "old" DL system (Nov 2010)....I'm expecting it will work...

Cuzn
Just make sure you specify the firmware version when you order, and it will work great with the version 1 transmitters !!!

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:53 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
969 Posts
Waiting for a Rx since February 25th
100 days mark!!!!!!!!!!
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Last edited by teopbako; Jun 04, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:03 AM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
Mike,

One of the reciever that you sent back to me is no longer functioning properly. I had it installed in my Zeph via PPM. When I reinstalled it, I couldn't get it to work. The individual channels work fine but PPM does not. Any suggestion or can I send it back to you? BC can confirm, he was here working with me.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
487 Posts
[QUOTE=JettPilot;21796820]DRAGON LINK UPDATE: Dragon Links Available !!!

IMPORTANT:

That being said, Dragon Link is available now on the website The current batch of Dragon Links is complete, tested, and ready for shipping. All orders placed today will ship by tomorrow !!! As per our policy, every Dragon Link purchased will ship within 24 hours

Mike

Thanks Mike with this notice I placed my Order for 2 DLs, Im EAGER to have them and fly farther than 3 km that I do today with my std equipment. thanks and regards Nelson Martinez
gtlavin56 is offline Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE: Dragon Links Available !!!

That being said, Dragon Link is available now on the website The current batch of Dragon Links is complete, tested, and ready for shipping. All orders placed today will ship by tomorrow !!! As per our policy, every Dragon Link purchased will ship within 24 hours

Mike
Mike, if this is the case then why has my order not shipped yet??? It was ordered on May 25th. You keep saying over and over that the units will ship within 24 hours. But how can this be true if you still haven't shipped mine from almost 2 weeks ago. Please don't lead people on for the sake of sales. All I ask is you to be honest. If you can't ship these for a month, then just say so. I think there has been a lot of upset people because things you post are not reality. A little truth goes a long way. Don't take this the wrong way. I just want to hopefully be the last one to post about waiting on an order.

Thanks.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2010
51 Posts
Ordered!

Can't wait to attach it to my flashed Turnigy 9x!
Flying Munkee is offline Find More Posts by Flying Munkee
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Feb 2007
92 Posts
DL support??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post
I did my research and found out that on the early stages of development of the DL, you could not use 12fg/z 12chPPM steam due to the variable frame length. Was this fixed on the new firmware????

Also found out that on the 12z if you configure a model memory with the 72mhz module and set it for PPM, it will output PPM on the trainer port, as long as you don't go to the frequency menu because it will detect the 2.4 module and change the settings. So if you have a 12z you need to save a model in PPM with the 72 Module and never use it. Then you select that file and load it. Then you create a new model, futaba defaults to the previously used Tx mode(in this case 12chPPM) and then you configure your model accordingly but never going into the frequency menu.

I will try this tomorrow with a friends 72mhz module, the only thing i need confirmation from either ,Mike, Daniel or anyone else is if the new firmware supports the variable 12ch frame rate from futaba????

Thanks
Felipe
Mike:

Can you please answer this??????
This is a legit customer support question!!!!

Felipe
Flying Tivo is offline Find More Posts by Flying Tivo
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:29 PM
Lt Col, USAF
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Munkee View Post
Ordered!

Can't wait to attach it to my flashed Turnigy 9x!
It's a SWEET setup!!!
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:51 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
can someone tell me which pin should be used for RSSI on the 12 ch rx? My RX has 3 pins on the RSSI channel. Im not sure which I should use.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:54 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
can someone tell me which pin should be used for RSSI on the 12 ch rx? My RX has 3 pins on the RSSI channel. Im not sure which I should use.
I'm just guessing here, but prolly ground and signal.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
This is what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSM-GPRS-GPS...-/120683470786 I use one with a $5 prepaid simcard
My plane went down about 5 weeks ago, about 4km away, in some scrubby farmland surrounded by hills and gullies. Total loss of video instantly, at 1200ft. I phoned the locator, it responded with an SMS of its GPS coordinates. I phoned it again, it responded with identical coordinates so I knew it was on the ground, and I had an EXACT location within 5 metres.
Before I had packed up the GS, I got a phone call from some hikers who had seen it go down, and picked up the wreck. The low tech phone number and name decal did the trick this time, but I had the site of the crash coordinates as backup.
The only thing missing to complete the circle was a device to lead me to the coordinates, if I didnt have the luck of having witnesses. Still need to get a Garmin hikers GPS device.
It saved me too. But very important - back battery door may snap out in impact and battery will pop out. It must be rapped with fiber tape all around the door to avoid this.

Sharon
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
So I have an interesting problem. I run dragonlink through the trainer port on my Futaba 6exp and power both with a 3s 2200mah lipo with no problems. But... When I switch the dragonlink to full power the voltage drops to around 7 volts and the battery alarm goes off. I still have control but the beeping drives me nuts lol. I could disconnect the speaker but still. Any ideas what I could do to fix this? I tried powering dragonlink with a separate lipo and only the ppm signal out but my transmitter won't put out a ppm unless the V+ and ground are connected.
Thanks guys
wrath90210 is offline Find More Posts by wrath90210
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:37 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
on mine it is the + pin on the rx
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida