HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
So I tried just soldering the wires directly to the trainer port on the back. I get a green light but no control (even after re-binding) and my transmitter's low voltage alarm goes nuts. Do I need a resistor? When I move the DL antenna with my hand the alarm stops but I still don't have control. I've saved up weeks worth of grass cutting to get my hands on this but gah, I'm so lost.
wrath90210 is offline Find More Posts by wrath90210
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 04:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,224 Posts
I received a question on replacing a lost SMA dummy plug. Anyone have a source or specs? I found some 50ohm ones, but they were listed for something like 2Ghz...probably not a problem, but just want to ask before relaying any information on. Thanks.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath90210 View Post
So I tried just soldering the wires directly to the trainer port on the back. I get a green light but no control (even after re-binding) and my transmitter's low voltage alarm goes nuts. Do I need a resistor? When I move the DL antenna with my hand the alarm stops but I still don't have control. I've saved up weeks worth of grass cutting to get my hands on this but gah, I'm so lost.
anyone?
Old May 31, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
made some progress. Green LED on TX and signal and power on the receiver. I bound it correctly but the link light is still off on the receiver and still no control. Hmm...
Old May 31, 2012, 05:19 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
704 Posts
Quote:
anyone?
what type of controller are you using? I am no pro at this stuff but I am pretty sure that you should not remove the antenna on the DL tx while it's on. I would be sure its ok before you do it again.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old May 31, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
what type of controller are you using? I am no pro at this stuff but I am pretty sure that you should not remove the antenna on the DL tx while it's on. I would be sure its ok before you do it again.
The antenna is on the dragonlink. Never removed it. It transmits a signal and the receiver knows it's there. The problem is I can't get control. I had to use a 3s lipo to power my transmitter in order to power DL and the normal Tx. It's a Futaba 6exp. I have the wires directly soldered to the trainer port. V+, ground and PPM. My transmitter is also set directly to PPM.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
HAH I got it! The channles are switched ! DUh!
Old May 31, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
This could just be my case. My channels on the receiver are labeled incorrectly. Ch8-Ch1 are opposite Or it could just be something strange with me . Idk Mike just letting you know as I have not read about this problem anywhere else.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
Team Higher Than The Clouds
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2012
168 Posts
wow you guys are binding, i just got home and saw my tiny little USPS box. YIPPEE
Techmeister is offline Find More Posts by Techmeister
Old May 31, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Mine showed up. I have already installed the TX and bound the RX. Thanks for a great product.
tx399999 is offline Find More Posts by tx399999
Old May 31, 2012, 06:09 PM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Maybe this is more helpful
[snip]
Any help is appreciated

Any yes the transmiter is ppm out lol
I can only ask if you tried with the included 10K Ω resistor connected between the +ve and signal wires? Seems to be a requirement for many Futaba radios.....See here:

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/10

EDIT: O.K.....I see you got it going. Disregard this message......hehe...

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
Old May 31, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2007
92 Posts
As what i understand from V2, it no longer needs the resistor!

Felipe
Flying Tivo is offline Find More Posts by Flying Tivo
Old May 31, 2012, 06:34 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I received a question on replacing a lost SMA dummy plug. Anyone have a source or specs? I found some 50ohm ones, but they were listed for something like 2Ghz...probably not a problem, but just want to ask before relaying any information on. Thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220956527367...84.m1497.l2649 it should be okay, it's DC to 3ghz. Also you can use it with up to 2W Tx
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old May 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
I lost my FPV quad guys

I was WAYYYY high, gettign above the clouds shots for our next video. I just wanted to go up, then come down. Had my buddy dave spotting for full size aircraft (none in the area).

I lost video signal I put the quad in stability mode and lowered the throttle. Eventually i got a little signal, and it looked like the quad was about a half mile away. I tried to put it into a field. Thus far, we haven't found it.

So that's a VC450 frame, copter control board, Gopro, 32Gig SD card, Dragonlink RX,immersion TX, Ibcrazy cloverleaf, nanotech battery, 3S100mah fligtg pack, 4 ESc's, and four motors gone....

Sad day for me me and that quad have been through alopt together. All the team white llama videos were with that quad.
Sorry man, I know the feeling. I lost 2 planes, but I got them both back. I can offer you this help:

Forget about where it SHOULD be.

Look in the places where THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE.

You know, over THERE? NO WAY!! It should be over here. Yup, go THERE and look. Look about 500 feet (or even yards) in the WRONG DIRECTION. That's where it probably is. One of my planes that flew away was found almost 1 mile IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. Seriously!

You will find it, and you'll be amazed where it was. Just don't give up!

All the best. Keep us up to date, ok? We're waiting for the good news.

Now GO GET IT!!!

Bob
aka
Chairwolf
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Last edited by Chairwolf; May 31, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Sorry man, I know the feeling. I lost 2 planes, but I got them both back. I can offer you this help:

Forget about where it SHOULD be.

Look in the places where THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE.

You know, over THERE? NO WAY!! It should be over here. Yup, go THERE and look. Look about 500 feet (or even yards) in the WRONG DIRECTION. That's where it probably is. One of my planes that flew away was found almost 1 mile IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. Seriously!

You will find it, and you'll be amazed where it was. Just don't give up!

All the best. Keep us up to date, ok? We're waiting for the good news.

Now GO GET IT!!!

Bob
aka
Chairwolf
Good idea. There's also the take another plane to the same spot and loose control of it then watch where it goes...you'll find the first nearby where the second crashes!!!! Hmmm...maybe not such a good recommendation after all!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member