HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,281 Posts
A long, long time ago, I learned that there are a lot of people who would rather be "right" than be happy...! And, they tend to keep insisting that they are "right". My bet is, there are quite a few hundred ( if not thousands of) fliers out there who are really, really happy and fully support Dragon Link and the DL team. They are the silent majority, I believe.

Another notion I fully embrace is that, no one or nothing out there is going to change just because I want it or say it should. If I want something in my life to be different, it needs to come from within me. How many of us had actually had someone change their ways just because we told them to do it? Mike has his ways....it's been evident even in the previous, almost 1000 page thread about Dragon Link systems....and the silent majority already believe and trust in his practices. It's been a "different way" of doing business....kind of like we would find if we moved to another country. If I don't like the way a business operates, I can chose to go somewhere else.

Another notion I hold is that, "I will see it when I believe it.." I believed I would get my Dragon Link system when I ordered it in Nov 2010, knowing there would be a 3+ month wait......and, I saw it in March 2011. It's been going strong ever since......only, I've run out of receivers..!!

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmold View Post
Yea, I received my DL.Thanks Mike. Now I have to figure out how to use it on my FS-TH9X. Is there any videos on installing and set up for DL?

Mike
That's easy. I have my DL mounted to my 9X. I'm going to go by memory here, then look for the link, but...remove the rf module. The top pin is PPM, the third is battery voltage, the fourth is ground. Make sure you set the firmware for PPM mode and you should be good to go. (In actuality, the second pin is also ground, but most folks skip it to prevent from accidentally plugging the DL connector on backwards and putting voltage on the PPM line to the DL.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1417350
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
So I thought the Futaba trainer port was included in the V2 package? Not mad but just curious if anyone else got one?
wrath90210 is offline Find More Posts by wrath90210
Old May 31, 2012, 03:15 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,397 Posts
Quote:
Another notion I fully embrace is that, no one or nothing out there is going to change just because I want it or say it should. If I want something in my life to be different, it needs to come from within me. How many of us had actually had someone change their ways just because we told them to do it? Mike has his ways....it's been evident even in the previous, almost 1000 page thread about Dragon Link systems....and the silent majority already believe and trust in his practices. It's been a "different way" of doing business....kind of like we would find if we moved to another country. If I don't like the way a business operates, I can chose to go somewhere else.
+1 agreed !
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
So this is the correct way to hook it up to the trainer port correct? I don't have a cord so I'm just soldering the wires directly to my Futaba 6exp. Red+, Black Ground, Orange ppm.
Old May 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
I lost my FPV quad guys

I was WAYYYY high, gettign above the clouds shots for our next video. I just wanted to go up, then come down. Had my buddy dave spotting for full size aircraft (none in the area).

I lost video signal I put the quad in stability mode and lowered the throttle. Eventually i got a little signal, and it looked like the quad was about a half mile away. I tried to put it into a field. Thus far, we haven't found it.

So that's a VC450 frame, copter control board, Gopro, 32Gig SD card, Dragonlink RX,immersion TX, Ibcrazy cloverleaf, nanotech battery, 3S100mah fligtg pack, 4 ESc's, and four motors gone....

Sad day for me me and that quad have been through alopt together. All the team white llama videos were with that quad.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old May 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
I don't think that people understand the nature of Vantasstic and I's involvement. We volunteer. We aren't paid employees. We are a couple of guys that are trying to assist a small business owner though some difficult times.

Rather than send emails / pm's / messages and have them ignored - not becasue of mal-intent - rather due to the fact that the business owner is busy doing literally everything else - Vantasstic and I try to help out as best we can - by either responding or getting it in front of the only person that can answer.

If that makes any of us "fan boys" as it was so elequently put above - then so be it. I am happy not to answer your emails, pm's, etc. if you don't want the help - or for me to even try.
You Both do a great job and I for one thank you both.
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old May 31, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Mar 2006
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
I lost my FPV quad guys

I was WAYYYY high, gettign above the clouds shots for our next video. I just wanted to go up, then come down. Had my buddy dave spotting for full size aircraft (none in the area).

I lost video signal I put the quad in stability mode and lowered the throttle. Eventually i got a little signal, and it looked like the quad was about a half mile away. I tried to put it into a field. Thus far, we haven't found it.

So that's a VC450 frame, copter control board, Gopro, 32Gig SD card, Dragonlink RX,immersion TX, Ibcrazy cloverleaf, nanotech battery, 3S100mah fligtg pack, 4 ESc's, and four motors gone....

Sad day for me me and that quad have been through alopt together. All the team white llama videos were with that quad.
Sad to hear. Did you have your contact info on it somewhere? Any GPS coordinates recorded when the video came at the end?
McCleary.11 is online now Find More Posts by McCleary.11
Old May 31, 2012, 03:54 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,664 Posts
Oh man ... that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Your videos helped me in many fpv desicisions.

Any chance it could have survived?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old May 31, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
sorry to hear about the quad gun
Ok so I've wired everything up to the trainer port but.. My receiver Futaba 6EXP gives me a low voltage alarm when I connect the PPM wire. And I still do not have the link led light up. Im so lost here lol Any help?
Old May 31, 2012, 04:04 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Thanks wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
Sad to hear. Did you have your contact info on it somewhere? Any GPS coordinates recorded when the video came at the end?
Unforunately, no I didn't I meant to make a "If.Found" video file on the gopro, but never got around to it.

No OSD, so no GPS, but my last bit of video siganl was here:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=42.24148...07081&t=h&z=17

We searched that area up and down, and didn't find anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Oh man ... that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Your videos helped me in many fpv desicisions.

Any chance it could have survived?
Thanks man, glad you like our stuff.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but finding it is the hard part. there is a neighborhood close, so we sent an email to everyone in it, letting them know there is a $200 reward for finding it. When i last saw it, it wasn't to high, so it's possible it isn't damaged much.

thanks guys!
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old May 31, 2012, 04:14 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
1,879 Posts
Pete, I have lost two different FPV planes (one was just found recently, after missing for 1.5 years!). So, now I have a FMkit UHF beacon on my FPV plane, a LMA, self powered ultra bright strobing LEDs, my contact info, OSD with GPS (ground recording every flight). I am going to do EVERYTHING in my power to never lose another plane, but if I do, I want as many methods for finding it as I can. Just my .2 cents...

Sorry about your loss, man. Really hope you find it!
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old May 31, 2012, 04:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,065 Posts
Pete...that sucks. I hope it shows up. I haven't lost an FPV ship yet...and fear the day when/if I do. So now that you've given the last known area I might have to come out and look for it myself. If I find it you'll get it back...but for some strange reason the CC board wasn't with it when I found it!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
Maybe this is more helpful
http://youtu.be/xnvIVrHFMx8
Any help is appreciated

Any yes the transmiter is ppm out lol
Last edited by wrath90210; May 31, 2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: ppm
Old May 31, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Jan 2008
933 Posts
Alright guys, Mike, dear guests. Team Zion is up for the special video contest challenge.
Here is the first 2 entries for the 6000 views contest, but certainly not the last...
p.s
Music was great but caused blocked videos for USA and Mike said no Vimeo so I changed it to YouTube freebies.

The Great Valley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYWo3wvDbZo

Ship Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMXDUq-vv8
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by sharonx; Jun 05, 2012 at 12:21 AM.