SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2012, 09:24 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Resister is not necessary on the Aurora 9. Just get the pins in the right order and plug it in.
Hey Todd. How many hits did you have on your video? Mine was a prettly low showing...only 375 views. Are you going to be able to 'rub it in'?
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Oh man, my quad video sucked it big time. 216 views is all. But then you know that, don't you?! You just wanna "stick it to the man"!

Haha.

Ya, my theme park video got 569 views, but that's because I posted it to YouTube and got support from my subscribers. If I'd have posted my Quad video on YouTube, I still don't think it'd have mattered because that storm damage video kicked our butts with about 1,500 views.

The big video I'm working on now is taking forever because things have gotten busy at work, so I don't have as much time to spend editing & composing. But it'll be another nice video, when I get around to finishing it.

What did you think of the TBS San Francisco video? Pretty cool stuff. I would never do it, but it's fun to see someone else take the risk and post the results.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,541 Posts
Ok

I got the tx to go into bind mode with the green flashing light. But I'm not sure the rx is getting any power. Is there a light or anything that comes on the rx when it's on? Which way does the esc wire colors go brown on top like the side that says the different channels? Is there a certain channel the esc needs to be plugged into?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old May 07, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Ya, my theme park video got 569 views, but that's because I posted it to YouTube and got support from my subscribers. If I'd have posted my Quad video on YouTube, I still don't think it'd have mattered because that storm damage video kicked our butts with about 1,500 views.
I think I got lucky being that there is a lot of attention still focused on the tornado area a lot of locals and people involved in the tornado have been passing the video link around. I hope to make some more flights of the effected areas. Now that the leaves have grown in and you can really see the scar in the landscape. Google map Hollow Rd and Haynes Hill Rd in in Brimfield ma and you can compare my aerial shots with the map and see the amount of forest that just isn't there anymore.

I really enjoyed the other videos guys. You guys are great flyers. Im jsut getting into fpv and am a little addicted. I flew on cape cod this past weekend IN THE FOG. If you look at the gopro video its amazing I was able to even fly hah. It cleared up enough to do a low pass over a bunch of people clamming on a sand bar. was fun.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Old May 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
is dragonlink taking DL's for firmware upgrades yet?
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
Old May 07, 2012, 10:38 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Good job slowjett. Half the time the battle is to get a catchy title and something unique to look at. I look forward to seeing more of your escapades.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
I got the tx to go into bind mode with the green flashing light. But I'm not sure the rx is getting any power. Is there a light or anything that comes on the rx when it's on? Which way does the esc wire colors go brown on top like the side that says the different channels? Is there a certain channel the esc needs to be plugged into?
Here's the picture of the receiver wire direction. There's no light on it, so you just need to plug in some servos.

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/27

ESC channel is dependent on your radio programming. All the hitec & multiplex radios I've used default throttle/esc to channel 3.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,352 Posts
As posted a couple of pages back....

Firmware upgrades are not opened up at this time. It would ground you for a needlessly long time. Until we can get everything caught up it doesn't make sense to take upgrades in... even when it opens up again - it will be done in a different manner - this is to ensure that people get their systems back quickly and minimize down time.
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old May 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,541 Posts
Quote:
Here's the picture of the receiver wire direction. There's no light on it, so you just need to plug in some servos.

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/27

ESC channel is dependent on your radio programming. All the hitec & multiplex radios I've used default throttle/esc to channel 3.
Thanks for the picture I think there's something wrong with the esc that's in my new zephyr bc it just does its beeps saying there's no rx connected but when I plugged the rx into another esc I had it worked
Old May 07, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the picture I think there's something wrong with the esc that's in my new zephyr bc it just does its beeps saying there's no rx connected but when I plugged the rx into another esc I had it worked
Did you calibrate it to your throttle? IE: turn it on while controller is at full throttle let it beep 2x then pull your throttle all the way down it should beep once and be calibrated.
Old May 07, 2012, 11:23 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjett View Post
Did you calibrate it to your throttle? IE: turn it on while controller is at full throttle let it beep 2x then pull your throttle all the way down it should beep once and be calibrated.
No I havnt tried that I'll try that before I go to bed. Thanks for the help
Old May 07, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,026 Posts
Quote:
No I havnt tried that I'll try that before I go to bed. Thanks for the help
Yeah let us know if that worked.
Let me just clarify.

Turn TX on. Put throttle at full.
Plug in power to ESC It should beep twice.
Pull throttle to zero
1 beep
unplug and it should be set.
Old May 07, 2012, 11:51 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjett View Post
Yeah let us know if that worked.
Let me just clarify.

Turn TX on. Put throttle at full.
Plug in power to ESC It should beep twice.
Pull throttle to zero
1 beep
unplug and it should be set.
Dude your a genius it worked lol I'll finish setting it up tommorow thanks a million man
Old May 08, 2012, 02:00 AM
South Africa, WC, Paarl
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
The sale of DragonLink systems has been temporarily suspended until Mike can get caught up. I suspect that within 2 to 3 weeks he will not only be caught up - but will be opening sales again.

Mike is at the point now that he realizes that he MUST get back to 24 hour shipping - and that the only way to do so may put the sale of new systems at risk - however will ultimately improve the overall buying experience.
Hi Mike I sent you a e-mail regarding the purchase of receivers. I need more than one. could you please point me in the right direction.
Benpaarl is offline Find More Posts by Benpaarl
Old May 08, 2012, 03:35 AM
ישראל, תל אביב יפו
Joined May 2011
51 Posts
Dear Mike
With respect to your system
This time it's really too much, wait two months for tracking number and wait another two weeks in New - York mail post office is really abusive
There are lots of ways to compensate a client for a delay even at the cost of $ 30 FEDEX or UPS
Just unbelievable

have nice day
shlomi4046 is offline Find More Posts by shlomi4046