HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Thanks ! The 3D plane was fun to follow, but chanegd direction very rapidly. Skywalker is nimble and was great to follow the other planes.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 05:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,883 Posts
Can someone provide the FCC/IC/ETSI information about this product? My requests have gone unanswered. Thanks!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 07:37 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Can someone provide the FCC/IC/ETSI information about this product? My requests have gone unanswered. Thanks!
It is on the 433MHz ham freq and transmits at 500mW...the max allowed by FCC for control of remote control aircraft.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
Team Basement-RC
odam2k's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Just got my tracking #

Thanks Mike!
odam2k is offline Find More Posts by odam2k
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 08:31 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
Wizzard033's Avatar
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
This is a real entry this time Mike

http://vimeo.com/41332662
Nice scrubbed... uh... takeoff
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Apr 2011
224 Posts
New mount bracket

Hey Mike,
Do you have a picture or something that shows how you mount the new transmitter bracket to the radio? I have a JR radio. I think Ifigured out how to mount the bracket to the radio, but not quite sure how to mount the transmitter to it.
Thx, Keith
Camerajumper is offline Find More Posts by Camerajumper
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
It is on the 433MHz ham freq and transmits at 500mW...the max allowed by FCC for control of remote control aircraft.
That is incorrect. The FCC states for telecommand of an rc craft 1watt is the limit. And you need a HAM license to legally operate any UHF system that is available for rc control.

KK4IRW
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 09:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHTON View Post
That is incorrect. The FCC states for telecommand of an rc craft 1watt is the limit. And you need a HAM license to legally operate any UHF system that is available for rc control.

KK4IRW
Ah...so much for my memory. I do have my HAM (technician) license...solely to be legal for my FPV equipment use. Thanks for correcting my error. There are other's (TLRS at least...if I remember that part correctly) that offer a UHF booster for their system...at something like 2+watts...well above the US FCC 'legal' power.
KF7PSI
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 09:29 PM
Registered User
United States, IA, Pella
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Got a tracking number

Got a Tracking number today 1 month after ordering..

...
n110wa is offline Find More Posts by n110wa
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ah...so much for my memory. I do have my HAM (technician) license...solely to be legal for my FPV equipment use. Thanks for correcting my error. There are other's (TLRS at least...if I remember that part correctly) that offer a UHF booster for their system...at something like 2+watts...well above the US FCC 'legal' power.
KF7PSI
I know what you mean my memory is pretty bad sometimes. Just tonight almost lost a brand new FPV rig thanks to not extending the antenna on the radio. Thank god I wasn't alone like I normally am and a buddy ran over and pulled it out. LOL

Yeah there are a few that have up to 8 watt boosters available. But way too much power for the US

KK4IRW
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 09:53 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHTON View Post
I know what you mean my memory is pretty bad sometimes. Just tonight almost lost a brand new FPV rig thanks to not extending the antenna on the radio. Thank god I wasn't alone like I normally am and a buddy ran over and pulled it out. LOL

Yeah there are a few that have up to 8 watt boosters available. But way too much power for the US

KK4IRW
Uhhhh...I think your memory is lapsing again. You forgot to 'extend' your Tx antenna? How old school. Remember...this is the DL thread and we don't use no collapsible antennas...not even on the lowly 2.4G stuff!!!! ...just kidding... FWIW, here's what happened the last time I tried to fly 72MHz...yeck, pwewy....
Why You Should Fly Dragon Link!!! (2 min 27 sec)
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 10:39 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
769 Posts
Well I don't fly UHF, YET. Waiting like everyone else is right now.

That was quite a glichy flight there. You got more hair on your a** then I do. I would have quit after the first try just to save my sanity. LOL

KK4IRW
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 11:50 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHTON View Post
Well I don't fly UHF, YET. Waiting like everyone else is right now.

That was quite a glichy flight there. You got more hair on your a** then I do. I would have quit after the first try just to save my sanity. LOL

KK4IRW
What does having hair on your arm have to do with it

s
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 12:11 AM
Registered User
Norway, Ostfold, Askim
Joined Apr 2012
119 Posts
Ordered 2nd of april to Norway. Got tracking today.
ivers is offline Find More Posts by ivers
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 12:23 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,562 Posts
Ok I ordered my dragon link on march 29 it's now may1 and I still haven't gotten a tracking number I'm freaking pissssssec this is beyond rediculous. I have sent 4 email asking where my dragon link is or even if it's been shipped yet or what and all I get is a bs email about not being on vacation. I just want to know what's going on with my order from march 29th and why did somebody who ordered there dragon link on April 2 get a tracking number before me?????????
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Long Range UHF RC system now avail on STOCK thomasscherrer FPV Equipment 13555 Today 06:07 PM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF Long range RC system - BEST VIDEO contest for AUGUST !!! JettPilot FPV Talk 60 Aug 21, 2014 03:40 PM
Wanted Scherrer UHF long Range or Dragon Link patrick21x FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Aug 03, 2014 08:33 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF RC System - Video Contest JettPilot FPV Talk 63 Aug 02, 2011 10:52 PM