Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:30 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
761 Posts
It Works ....never doubted it though !!

Hey Mike , got my dragonlink hooked up to the Turnigy 9X today just to test it was working and ...................it works great mate , thanks HEAPS for the opportunity that you give us all !!!
Well done.

Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:32 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Hey Mike , got my dragonlink hooked up to the Turnigy 9X today just to test it was working and ...................it works great mate , thanks HEAPS for the opportunity that you give us all !!!
Well done.

Cheers
Patrick
Was such an easy plug and play process right? Loved it.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Was such an easy plug and play process right? Loved it.
Damn straight it was , check module pins for polarity and voltage (plug them in on the modular plug that comes with it) , and off you go into the binding process and you done
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:29 PM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
540 Posts
I have had mine sitting here for about 3 months now. I have been busy slowly putting together my FPV plane. Yesterday I plugged in the DL and was blown away by how quick it was.

Now I'm wondering can I still buy the smaller 9ch receivers and are they cheaper?
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Last edited by joel0407; Oct 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: add pic
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:32 PM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
540 Posts
I wanted to add this pic to my last post but I posted too soon.

This is from the DL site.
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:18 AM
Joined Oct 2011
13 Posts
Hello mike can you say yourself if kept silent I to send the new system dragon and it how long think you that I would have him(it) thank you in advance william28270
william28270 is offline Find More Posts by william28270
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:48 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0407 View Post
Now I'm wondering can I still buy the smaller 9ch receivers and are they cheaper?
Nope and nope. I believe the 12 channel is the only one available and it's at the same price as the 9 channel was.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
Joined Sep 2009
53 Posts
I finally got around to installing the Dragonlink transmitter to my JR9303 radio. I saw an earlier post on how to mod the stock module to act as a bridge. This was a great idea. This worked perfectly! I took some quick video on how this works:

By the way, do I now have 8 or 9 channels with this radio?

0164 DRAGONLINK TO STOCK MODULE MOD 04 (0 min 24 sec)
Bullseye123 is offline Find More Posts by Bullseye123
Last edited by Bullseye123; Oct 21, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:27 AM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
So I flew my ritewing today only to figure out that in the cold the batts can't put out enough amps AND to figure out that my dragonlink uhf transmitters antenna tip was missing IS IT OK IF THE TIP OF THE TRANSMITER ANTENNA FOR THE DRAGON LINK BE OFF. WOULD IT CAUSE ANY DAMAGE. I MEAN THAT TIP IS JUST PLASTIC RIGHT.
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:09 AM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
May it's your bec that doesn't output enough amp ?
Maybe, but it worked for a while with the wookong m system before I used the digital micros. Both micros got fried too. I only had 8 or 10 flights with the micro digitals if that. I put an old FM Rx on just to diagnose and the wookong looked ok on the programming screens, so there is something wrong with my DL Rx, I just dont know why. Maybe the wookong bec got hot and fried something in the DL Rx? I have 2 more DL Rx ordered. Hopefully it was just the servos that didnt agree with the DL.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:57 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
Maybe, but it worked for a while with the wookong m system before I used the digital micros. Both micros got fried too. I only had 8 or 10 flights with the micro digitals if that. I put an old FM Rx on just to diagnose and the wookong looked ok on the programming screens, so there is something wrong with my DL Rx, I just dont know why. Maybe the wookong bec got hot and fried something in the DL Rx? I have 2 more DL Rx ordered. Hopefully it was just the servos that didnt agree with the DL.
Could you check your BEC output voltage ?
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Can someone double check my DL antenna placement again? I moved some stuff around.

Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:09 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Dont like the EZ Connectors. Bad juju. Control rods are a little long for not being supported. The lack of a prop is probably going to be your biggest down fall. It will make it difficult to get the desired altitude.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
Dont like the EZ Connectors. Bad juju. Control rods are a little long for not being supported. The lack of a prop is probably going to be your biggest down fall. It will make it difficult to get the desired altitude.
Well since moving my servos I don't get flex in the rods at all. But yeah I don't like the EZ connectors either. Where can I buy those crazy control rods and connectors people put on there wings? Been trying to find that forever now...

And nah that's a prototype prop. Just can't see it :P