Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:24 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
Alright. After completely swapping out my DL setup (new rx, new tx), I've determined my turnstyle UHF antenna is giving me fits. 17% rssi at 2 miles if I hold my tx one way. rotate 45 to the right or left, it changes as much as 50%. Think I'm gonna go back to the old school dipole.
The turnstyle antenna is horizontally polarized. The DL antenna is (normallly) vertically polarized. This puts the two out of phase and will reduce the signal strength. Having your DL antenna horizontal will put things back in phase and should improve your signal strength. This is, of course, a little harder to do with the long range antenna. I use my articulated antenna for horizontal polarization and my long range antenna for vertical.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:31 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Feb 2010
150 Posts
My most beautiful FPV video

This is my entry for weekly Dragon Link receiver competition.
Autumn in Sigulda (HD) FPV (7 min 44 sec)
mr.utopia is offline Find More Posts by mr.utopia
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:59 AM
Joined Apr 2009
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_slade View Post
Is there no one who can help me with my RC? Or is it already solved somewhere else? Search didn't help me so far.
I am not familiar with this tx but if it has a trainer port then trace back the wiring to the board and find out which cable is PPM, NEG and +.
spanair is offline Find More Posts by spanair
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
Joined May 2006
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
At what RSSI voltage level does the DL go into failsafe?

Can someone answer this Question? and what is the DL RSSI range???

Thanks
rtllrtll is offline Find More Posts by rtllrtll
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,151 Posts
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

Todays winner not only won, he came back from behind after withdrawing his video and entering it again ! Detroit's Abandoned Buildings FPV: by Tretch500 wins. That was a very interesting and creative video, although I do miss the part where the guy is going to shoot the Microkopter out of the air at the end Send me your full name and address Tretch and I will send your Free receiver in the mail today !

FPV Neighborhood Quad Shenanigans - Flown w/ Dragon link: 310

Quadcopter Field of Dreams - Flown with DragonLink: 64

OOps 1.wmv: 219

FPV Tricopter flown with Dragon Link...with crash ending!!!: 610

EasyStar 10-8-11 Part I: "Testing Phase", Flown With DragonLink: 94

The Lagoon Fpv Hercules Flown with Dragon Link: 514

EasyStar 10-8-11 Part II: "How Not To Fly High Altitude", Flown With DragonLink: 141

Stryker with Dragon link: 87

Detroit's Abandoned Buildings FPV: 1121

Tricopter Fun: 67

FPV Radian. Hard charge to the clouds: 45

Detroit's Abandoned Buildings FPV (2 min 19 sec)

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,151 Posts
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Videos Posted 17 October 2011 or later will qualify for contest.

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK, to be shipped immidately to the winner, no wait ! The rules are simple, post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube or Vimeo that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed ( Not at the bottom of a list of equipment ) at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 5 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable if you do not want to put it as part of the video. Bottom line is, that the Flown with Dragon Link must be prominent in the video and not hidden in the middle or at the end. The video that gets the most views as of Sunday night 11:59 PM 23 October 2011 WINS a free Dragon Link receiver.

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views ! The video can as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

Post the video in the video thread of this forum: FPV VIdeos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out

Just make sure you claim your video here in this thread so that we can all see how many views each one has. I will look at the number of views each video has on Sunday Night, at 11:59 PM Eastern time and send a free Dragon Link reciever to the video with the most views.

If you do not win this week, try again, as we will be running this contest for the forseeable future !

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,185 Posts
Congrats Tretch5000!
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:49 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,185 Posts
I guess it's going to be really hard to win one of these without HD footage...
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:00 AM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Thanks a lot guys,
Thanks JettPilot for the RX,
thanks a ton!!!
Tretch5000 is offline Find More Posts by Tretch5000
Last edited by Tretch5000; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:17 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I guess it's going to be really hard to win one of these without HD footage...
Not necessarily. Low quality footage of you crashing into a police car, a shark, or someones face will get more views than HD.... just sayin...
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:21 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,785 Posts
OOPS
wrong thread
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by nakelp86; Oct 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000 View Post
Thanks a lot guys,
Thanks JettPilot for the RX,
thanks a ton!!!
Congrats Tretch...but why the same week I posted mine...I coulda won!!! Oh well...my fault for telling you about the contest...your vids are always most enjoyable. I'll check with you next time though!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:28 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Hi guys , I need some help here:
finally got to hook up DL OSD and I am following this diagram by Coyote.
Is it OK to connect Pan/Tilt servo directly to DL Rx channel 5 and 6?
If I need to control OSD can I use ch 7?
If not I could use ch 6 for OSD control instead of tilt?
Thank you for yr answer(s).
You can change the channel used to control the OSD mode. However, do this from the serial connection. If you do it through the on screen menu, as soon as you change it from 5 to 6, on your way to 7, it may change the mode you are in.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Hi guys , I need some help here:
finally got to hook up DL OSD and I am following this diagram by Coyote.
Is it OK to connect Pan/Tilt servo directly to DL Rx channel 5 and 6?
If I need to control OSD can I use ch 7?
If not I could use ch 6 for OSD control instead of tilt?
Thank you for yr answer(s).
Actually there is no Dragon Link OSD, but there is a Dragon OSD...in which case this is the wrong thread; HOWEVER, Yes, you can connect your Pan/Tilt servos directly to the DL Rx on ANY channel you want, except channel 9 as that's the PPM signal from the DL Rx to the DOSD. I would recommend you still assign your pan/tilt channels in the DOSD PPM input as the DOSD will disply pan/tilt slider bars in some of the 'map' modes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
You can change the channel used to control the OSD mode. However, do this from the serial connection. If you do it through the on screen menu, as soon as you change it from 5 to 6, on your way to 7, it may change the mode you are in.
The biggest problem with that is if you're reassigning your aileron/elevator channels as those are what controls the DOSD menu selections.
RCG Plus Member