HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:40 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarys View Post
Hey Mike

Yesterday I placed an order for DL from dragonlinkrc.com. In the confirmation email it says that "Tracking numbers will be entered into paypal the day your order has shipped, and you can track them through the US Postal system until it leaves the USA, at which point you can track it through your own countrys postal system once it arrives there."

I dont have paypal account and used paypal's credit card service to make the purchase..

So where can I find the tracking number? I have the transaction number only: 0985-4089-3247-9912

Also I would like to know if I will get the bug free version of DL.

Can you help me.

Adam
Hi Adam,

I NEVER NEVER send out old versions of Dragon Link. I stopped all shipping as soon as it even looked like the new firmware would work. Once testing was done and confirmed, I went on a marathon of changing all the current stock over to the new standards so that every order shipped would be the new firmware. This delayed my shipping over a week, but I think everyone would agree, that the wait was well worth getting the latest and best version. The old system is awesome and works incredibly well, the new firmware just makes a great system even better

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
If i order the OSD from here is it V2?

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/32
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:34 PM
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
200 Posts
Hello Mike......I would like to get a shipping update please.
Dec 25, 2011
order # 5PF63597FK409000P
Thank you
Robert!
rbtgold is offline Find More Posts by rbtgold
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:57 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Hi Mike, looks like another soaring convert! I would have been crucified if I tried flying on Christmas day! You should have a go at slope soaring as well. Its certainly the easiest form of flying, and you can effortlessly log hours and hours.
I have lost count of my airtime, but its probably approaching 200hrs.
Thanks for the rx aerial feedback. Do you still carry the short Tx whip antennae, like on the earlier DL boxes? Still looking for one of those as well.
Happy New Year!
Frank.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:10 PM
Aeronca Driver
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Jul 2006
146 Posts
Hi Mike,

I received my system the other day and I had it in the air today for three flights. It works great. Keep up the good work. I belong to a club of over 250 people flyers and all were interested in my new plane and control system. Time to get the plane out a do some surveying of the SoCal terrain and scenery....

thanks
-john
ch701 is online now Find More Posts by ch701
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:44 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
If i order the OSD from here is it V2?

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/32
Mike said Yes, that is the V2, but he has limited quantities. I've heard it 'might' have less on-board RAM than the other DOSDs. I can't confirm or deny that though. If it has less RAM it might only effect how much GPS log data it can store, again though, I can't confirm or deny that. Just be aware it may be a little different than the other DOSDs out there...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:39 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
227 Posts
Frank,

If ur after one of the original pivoting Tx antennas I can post you one from Au. Mike included an extra one for free last time he delivered something to me. Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Hi Mike, looks like another soaring convert! I would have been crucified if I tried flying on Christmas day! You should have a go at slope soaring as well. Its certainly the easiest form of flying, and you can effortlessly log hours and hours.
I have lost count of my airtime, but its probably approaching 200hrs.
Thanks for the rx aerial feedback. Do you still carry the short Tx whip antennae, like on the earlier DL boxes? Still looking for one of those as well.
Happy New Year!
Frank.
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:05 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
Hey Mike

Hey there buddy , did you get my PM last week mate.?
Looking to swap over the dragonlink and 2 recievers i got from you when you get round to doing the upgrades.

Would also like to get sent at the same time 1 extra reciever/antenna and a OSD if you have any left by then.
Got a Zephyr 2 for the new reciever/OSD to go in to.....

Send me a PM with your thoughts Mike.

Cheers
Patrick Coolahan
AU
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:46 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentony32 View Post
Frank,

If ur after one of the original pivoting Tx antennas I can post you one from Au. Mike included an extra one for free last time he delivered something to me. Tony
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the offer but I already have 2 of the pivoting ones. I was looking for one of the older style shorter whips. Mine came with a nice short whip, and I now also have the LR whip. My mate Bob who ordered his DL through me only has the long range whip, so I gave him one of my pivoting aerials. He was hoping for the shorter whip as its plenty for our close in stuff. 8 miles so far with it, so ample really.
How long before we see the Firestorm in action???
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:37 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
741 Posts
Batteriers How many

I just started my new project and need to make a Decision on batteries
My new set up:
SkyWalker
Motor: Turnigy SK 3536-1400
60 Amp ESC
Castle CC-BEC 10AMP Peak
Dragon Link
Eagle Tree OSD Pro w/Guardian
900MHz A/V Transmitter, 500mW
Min Camera
GoPro
Camera switching

How many batteries and what size for what?
or
two batteries in parallel to powder everything? What size ??

Thanks for the Help
EugeneFlorida is online now Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:34 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
I just started my new project and need to make a Decision on batteries
My new set up:
SkyWalker
Motor: Turnigy SK 3536-1400
60 Amp ESC
Castle CC-BEC 10AMP Peak
Dragon Link
Eagle Tree OSD Pro w/Guardian
900MHz A/V Transmitter, 500mW
Min Camera
GoPro
Camera switching

How many batteries and what size for what?
or
two batteries in parallel to powder everything? What size ??

Thanks for the Help
What does his have to do with the DL? Anyway, on my Skywalker I was using a single 3S 5000mAh for power and a 3S 1000mAh for video. I'm now using two 4S 2200mAh in parallel for power and the same 3S 1000mA for video. AND my DL get's it juice from a 3S LiFe battery installed in my FlySky 9X radio.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:16 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Mike said Yes, that is the V2, but he has limited quantities. I've heard it 'might' have less on-board RAM than the other DOSDs. I can't confirm or deny that though. If it has less RAM it might only effect how much GPS log data it can store, again though, I can't confirm or deny that. Just be aware it may be a little different than the other DOSDs out there...
Hi Everyone,

The Dragon OSD's I am selling are DOSD + Version 2 !!!! They have 1/2 the RAM of the current OSD's, which is ONLY used for the logging feature. The operation, features, and firmware are EXACTLY the same as the current OSD's. This is a very high quality batch that John ( Dragon Labs ) had made, and part of a batch that was sold earlier by John and the other vendors. We got these DOSD's from John ( Dragon Labs ) So its the same great OSD you are expecting, not a cheap knock off nor a fake. I am glad to see you guys are paying attention, but I would never sell any fake or cheap stuff, I hate cheap !!!! I have only a limited number of these to sell, and then they are gone forever. It was just by a one time set of circumstances that I got a hold of these to sell, and do not plan on selling any more once these are gone.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:24 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtgold View Post
Hello Mike......I would like to get a shipping update please.
Dec 25, 2011
order # 5PF63597FK409000P
Thank you
Robert!
Hi Robert,

ALL Dragon Link orders have been shipped. I am entering in tracking information right now.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch701 View Post
Hi Mike,

I received my system the other day and I had it in the air today for three flights. It works great. Keep up the good work. I belong to a club of over 250 people flyers and all were interested in my new plane and control system. Time to get the plane out a do some surveying of the SoCal terrain and scenery....

thanks
-john
Hi John,

I am very happy to hear that ! When you get out and staring flying far, and also low level, you will be just amazed at what you can do with the Dragon Link system. It will allow you to fly further and safer than ever before
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:28 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalby View Post
HI new guy to fpv here. I just received my DL and wanted to use my 8fg via the training port. do I just solder the three wires as per the diag on the DL site? or do I need to use the resisters? Also I just turn rf off on the trans when I use the DL correct. thanks Jim
Hi Jim,

No resistor is needed, just solder the wires to the correct pins on the trainer plug and it will work !

Mike
Site Sponsor