HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:36 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Ordered mine this morning. Can't wait to get it!
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Ordered mine this morning. Can't wait to get it!
You are gonna LOVE it. I had to put my plane down 1.3 miles away due to low battery and although I lost video at the last second, I never lost control... RSSI went down to about 40% just before the video went black, and that was a mere five feet off the ground with a small wooded area between the plane and I. VERY impressive. Once you go UHF long range, you won't ever want to go back. :-)

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Really glad to hear that, how do you contact them?????? I'm having all kinds of trouble with unreturned PM's and questions for service issues on this thread. What is the procedure please, Thanks
Well first of start by trying to get help from the people that are in this thread and wait 2 days. If the problem persist and you can't fix it. Give him a reason why it doesn't work and tell him that you are upset with the system. Then pm wait 2 to 5 days. If the problem persist send you old receiver or transmitter back and you get fixed one.
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
Mike, dropped you a PM/Email.
roypwee is offline Find More Posts by roypwee
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Mike. I have just receive my DL SYSTEM with extra RX and antenna. Thanks.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:20 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
You are gonna LOVE it. I had to put my plane down 1.3 miles away due to low battery and although I lost video at the last second, I never lost control... RSSI went down to about 40% just before the video went black, and that was a mere five feet off the ground with a small wooded area between the plane and I. VERY impressive. Once you go UHF long range, you won't ever want to go back. :-)

Rick NR417
That's awesome. Paired with the OSD I ordered I should have quite a good time! Anxiously waiting my tracking number.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:46 AM
Belgium, Brussels
Joined Jul 2010
219 Posts
My DL arrived at the post office..can't wait to go and get it... why didn't I sent it to my workplace!!
Halford is offline Find More Posts by Halford
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Does anyone having trouble hooking up your DSX9 transmitor to the Dragon link? I have follow all the steps given here but just get it to work. Hook up everything works fine. Solid green light after on it. Power up the motor, beep beep beep beep non stop. Tried binding for more then a min still the same thing. I tried on my DX7 no problem. Plug in a stero plug to the dsc still the same cant work. Anyone anymore idea why n how to get it to work? Mick can u help on this? Thank you so much.
Mer78 is offline Find More Posts by Mer78
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:40 AM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
How long are people waiting for DL?
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
I didn't lose mine, but in anticipation of doing so, I found these sma caps with chains on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ASB5JC
That does NOT look like a dummy load, just a physical cover. Don't turn your Tx on with this attached. The Tx might be ruined!
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:20 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
I didn't lose mine, but in anticipation of doing so, I found these sma caps with chains on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ASB5JC

Thanks,
Joe
Those are NOT dummy loads, just pretty caps You will ruin your transmitter with something like this, and not get a very good range check... Maybe I should put my dummy loads up for sale on Amazon.com

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:28 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Really glad to hear that, how do you contact them?????? I'm having all kinds of trouble with unreturned PM's and questions for service issues on this thread. What is the procedure please, Thanks
Hi,

There a lot of posts in this thread, and I manage to not notice yours when going through it. Just let me know what you need, and I will be happy to help you out. Wiating on your PM, as I cleaned out my old ones .

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:29 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk View Post
How long are people waiting for DL?
Just as long as it takes for the post man to deliver it. Usually 2 - 3 Days in the USA and about a week to most international countries

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:42 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,931 Posts
heres a rookie question.
Whats a dummy load used for?
Matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:36 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Dummies. Their antenna of choice!

It reduces the range to nearly nothing, so you can fix interference issues more easily. Instead of taking your plane 10mi away to the edge of signal to test possible camera interference, you only have to move about 30 to 60 yards.

Kevin
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart