Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
I wish I could say Flown with DragonLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIptI...ature=youtu.be

Bonus points if you figure out which one is me. There are a lot of red herrings.
Funny, but...

Harlem Shake vFinal (NODE Edition) (0 min 31 sec)
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Of course, isnt he referring to the 3 lights lit on his Rx??
not his TX
Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to.
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I think hes more concerned/inquiring about the green light being on. When normal it would not! Mybe its because the batt dropped below nominal voltage for a few sec's or something?

"Quote" When I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME

Exactly
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
I am trying to understand what you've written. If you are running everything off of one battery, and that battery can no longer drive the motor(s), that has zero to do with whether or not the bec can deliver enough power to drive the rx, servos and related items. The current draw is minimal in comparison to the motors. When you load a nearly empty battery heavily the voltage drops off quickly. I am guessing that when your motors turned off, the battery was no longer heavily loaded, and the voltage came back up enough to drive your electronics.
I was trying to give you a picture of what happen , the voltage drop on the motor , I have a 80amp opto with a added 10 amp BEC . when the voltage drop on battery and died did the 10amp BEC kick in and that's was just enough to power the RX and that made the GREEN light come on was what I'm asking . Tested every thing fine but just wanted to make sure I'm good from you guys to see if this was something normal or some type of failsafe indicator with the LEDs on the RX NOT the tx
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:51 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankheadrc View Post
Ok hers my question , I was flying and it was cold 9 degrees outsides so flying and link was good everything working well but I pushed the 4s batteries hard and fast . I know that the batteries in the cold was not going to be a long flight . Batteries died out in flight and I lost motor power I knew it was motor power cause I had full control of the plane still I have a 10amp castle creation BEC on the 80amp ESC landed safely from some really low level flying all of that to say this , when I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME . Thanks
RED - BLUE - GREEN LED's on all together at the same time indicate Calibration mode with the jumper between channels 5 and 6. If I saw this in the plane, I would wonder what could be shorting between the pins of channels 5 and 6.

With no jumper, and this indication with the RX outside of the plane, indicates a big problem and the RX will not work.

RED - BLUE LED's is normal for a properly working system with good signal.
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:57 PM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
I wish I could say Flown with DragonLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIptI...ature=youtu.be

Bonus points if you figure out which one is me. There are a lot of red herrings.
I was thinking the one in the green to to.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
RED - BLUE - GREEN LED's on all together at the same time indicate Calibration mode with the jumper between channels 5 and 6. If I saw this in the plane, I would wonder what could be shorting between the pins of channels 5 and 6.

With no jumper, and this indication with the RX outside of the plane, indicates a big problem and the RX will not work.

RED - BLUE LED's is normal for a properly working system with good signal.
Ok May be it was just me but I had full control of the plane just the motor batteries died and , I just come of a a 5 mile run with another set of batteries then plug the 4s set in did a hard fast run and thats what I thought I saw . .

Didn't make sense but heres what i found the RX RED & BLUE were on, an right by my RX is a green Like Glue spray that I used that gave the effect that the GREEN Light Was on in the foam of the plane when actuality it wasn't at all Got the same look just awhile ago . Will just call this the GREEN HORNET effect thanks guys . My mistake my eyes were playing tricks on me.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Didn't make sense but heres what i found the RX RED & BLUE were on, an right by my RX is a green Like Glue spray that I used that gave the effect that the GREEN Light Was on in the foam of the plane when actuality it wasn't at all Got the same look just awhile ago . Will just call this the GREEN HORNET effect thanks guys . My mistake my eyes were playing tricks on me. .
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:29 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,429 Posts
haha well at least its all good bank head. I should have my bixler dilivered tomorrow, fianlly get to get this project going.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Sweet Jesus Jett... You guys need to step up the documentation effort.

Finding instructions and pinouts is a disaster especially with all the different models out there. I cringe every time I have to touch my installation.
We're currently in the middle of re-writing the website and re-doing the documentation. It's all going to be much clearer soon. To do it right takes a bit of time, we've been working on it for awhile and are making good progress.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:01 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
its really not as hard as people make it out to be, if theyd only read the manual, Its all in there.

That said, instead of the info on the website, there should be a model for each version, in my opinion. I think people are looking at some info on the website that pertains to the older versions, and dont download the up to date manual that would answer all the questions.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Just got a brand new V2 in, I have no clue what the old version is.
Would be nice if they had practiced a little revision discipline and put numbers on the old like they nicely do on the new boards.

Anyway, fixed my issue. PPM out used to be on Channel 9, now it's on 12, also RSSI is a 3 pin connector instead of the old two.
All the old boards with the pins on the ends and on should have a version number in the top right.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:29 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
BushmanLA,
I agree with you! x200

(Image if Sander Sassen from ImmersionRC had to answer repeated questions?.......LOL
He'd make you look like a fool)

I'm confused, there are two version of 'v.2' ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=17331
No, we released new firmware to fix a couple of bugs and add some new features. The hardware is the same however.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:40 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,517 Posts
Ascended,
(micro Power mode)....
so there is a v2 w/firmware and uses a metal cap on the Tx,
and then there is a v2 that doesn't use a metal cap on the Tx.....

rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:50 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
The first version V2 needed the metal cap to relace the antenna to range check as there was no micro power mode in the firmware.
Now there is with a firmware update.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer