SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:12 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Guys, not saying the comms couldn't be better, but all the info you need is at the website if you take the time to read it all. Not saying it clears up all questions, but 99% of them I would bet.

Regarding lack of docs, incomplete information, lack of historical info, etc..... this is rc hobby related products. Where exactly do any of you ever find that from any rc vendor? LOL. Where have you guys been? Seriously did any of you see the JR 11x user manual? LOL.

If it was all handed to you in a neat tidy package and everything you ever wanted or needed to know was incldued, it certainly isn't an rc hobby type product that's for sure! That's unicorns and leprichauns what you're talking about.

This is true, but there are ways to deliver better docs. I just need specific examples. I am rolling with the pinout diagram though, and I have an idea that I'm going to talk to our HW engineering team about.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:33 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,041 Posts
DRAGON LINK TECHNICAL SUPPORT

I am making instruction videos today. This company is growing, and with this growth comes the need for even better support as more new people buy the Dragon Link system. We hear you and are working on making instruction and support better than ever For now, the downloadable .PDF manual is quite good for hookup and usage, and can be downloaded on Page 1 of this thread, third post down. Or you can get it from our website under the support tab at:

www.DragonLinkRC.com

As you all know, all Dragon Link equipment is fully guaranteed, and as we ship more units than ever, we are working on ways to get replacements out more quickly. This company is all about improving not only the product, but every part of Dragon Link. We have come a long way since the first Version 1 system 3 years ago, and we are just getting started. Many new and awesome things will be happening here

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK TECHNICAL SUPPORT

I am making instruction videos today. This company is growing, and with this growth comes the need for even better support as more new people buy the Dragon Link system. We hear you and are working on making instruction and support better than ever For now, the downloadable .PDF manual is quite good for hookup and usage, and can be downloaded on Page 1 of this thread, third post down. Or you can get it from our website under the support tab at:

www.DragonLinkRC.com

As you all know, all Dragon Link equipment is fully guaranteed, and as we ship more units than ever, we are working on ways to get replacements out more quickly. This company is all about improving not only the product, but every part of Dragon Link. We have come a long way since the first Version 1 system 3 years ago, and we are just getting started. Many new and awesome things will be happening here

Mike
Hi Mike,
I ordered the DL ans sent you a PM asking about hooking up to the lipo in my DX8, just curious.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Ok hers my question , I was flying and it was cold 9 degrees outsides so flying and link was good everything working well but I pushed the 4s batteries hard and fast . I know that the batteries in the cold was not going to be a long flight . Batteries died out in flight and I lost motor power I knew it was motor power cause I had full control of the plane still I have a 10amp castle creation BEC on the 80amp ESC landed safely from some really low level flying all of that to say this , when I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME . Thanks
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankheadrc View Post
Ok hers my question , I was flying and it was cold 9 degrees outsides so flying and link was good everything working well but I pushed the 4s batteries hard and fast . I know that the batteries in the cold was not going to be a long flight . Batteries died out in flight and I lost motor power I knew it was motor power cause I had full control of the plane still I have a 10amp castle creation BEC on the 80amp ESC landed safely from some really low level flying all of that to say this , when I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME . Thanks
I am trying to understand what you've written. If you are running everything off of one battery, and that battery can no longer drive the motor(s), that has zero to do with whether or not the bec can deliver enough power to drive the rx, servos and related items. The current draw is minimal in comparison to the motors. When you load a nearly empty battery heavily the voltage drops off quickly. I am guessing that when your motors turned off, the battery was no longer heavily loaded, and the voltage came back up enough to drive your electronics.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:39 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
I think hes more concerned/inquiring about the green light being on. When normal it would not! Mybe its because the batt dropped below nominal voltage for a few sec's or something?

"Quote" When I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:53 AM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
A quick note similar to what one other forum member posted a few days ago, the postage stamp was for US $36.90 which was well over what he'd asked for. Mike is paying us to upgrade our stuff for for us! And to top it off, I got a couple of pages of the November 2002 edition of Motor Trend to read while my unit calibrates. What a sweet deal!

Thanks Mike!!!!
yeah that's why i dropped some extra money in there. he does not have to upgrade our stuff but he does! I hope he noticed the extra money because i don't think he read my note. he forgot to ship the vid contest rx i won in october to me with the order.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:13 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
534 Posts
The TX has no way of knowing if it lost link, should be green alwaysif the TX is on.
Sounds like your RX browned out due to low voltage.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:18 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
billyd60 , that would be leprechauns (sp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
This is true, but there are ways to deliver better docs. I just need specific examples. I am rolling with the pinout diagram though, and I have an idea that I'm going to talk to our HW engineering team about.
Thx Chris, I know you and the team work hard at answering all the questions. I read the manual download on the web site and read thru many pages here, and I asked myself many of the same questions as posted over the past pages.

I'm sending you a PM with some of the conflicts in the website document that I believe causes a few conflicts.

Not that you cant figure it out from the docs and the www, but a few of the videos out there make it very simple.

And I love my DL
SpencerTop is offline Find More Posts by SpencerTop
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerTop View Post
billyd60 , that would be leprechauns (sp)

Thx Chris, I know you and the team work hard at answering all the questions. I read the manual download on the web site and read thru many pages here, and I asked myself many of the same questions as posted over the past pages.

I'm sending you a PM with some of the conflicts in the website document that I believe causes a few conflicts.

Not that you cant figure it out from the docs and the www, but a few of the videos out there make it very simple.

And I love my DL
Damn I should've used wikipedia. I was close though.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I think hes more concerned/inquiring about the green light being on. When normal it would not! Mybe its because the batt dropped below nominal voltage for a few sec's or something?

"Quote" When I got plane I notice that all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . Now I know that the red and blue are the only lights on solid when I boot up and get ready to fly. So I was wondering was this some type of fail safe with out having one . Remember I HAD FULL CONTROL of the plane with the 10 amp BEC . So can some one explain this lights on RX being on GREEN to be more specific . The TX NEVER showed red light that it LOSS OF LINK STAYED GREEN THE WHOLE TIME
The tx doesn't know if the rx brown's out. A green light on the tx only indicates a good ppm signal from the source tx, and nominal power supply to the DL tx....
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankheadrc View Post
.... all lights on the RX were on red blue and green solid . ...
I dont know guys, but when I lose connection my Blue link light goes out, my green Rx Status light does not come on, not even when I've drained my battery (by mistake of course).

The only time I've seen my Green Rx status light on is when I had the jumper on pins 5&6 during calibration
SpencerTop is offline Find More Posts by SpencerTop
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:31 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
The tx doesn't know if the rx brown's out. A green light on the tx only indicates a good ppm signal from the source tx, and nominal power supply to the DL tx....
Of course, isnt he referring to the 3 lights lit on his Rx??
not his TX
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:40 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
I wish I could say Flown with DragonLink
S&T human powered vehicle team does the Harlem Shake (0 min 31 sec)

Bonus points if you figure out which one is me. There are a lot of red herrings.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:58 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
I wish I could say Flown with DragonLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIptI...ature=youtu.be

Bonus points if you figure out which one is me. There are a lot of red herrings.
Gotta be the one holding the Skywalker....
Funny stuff.
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON