HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:19 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post

traderdmb im kinda dumb founder you would fly in formation with a scale aircraft with all the hype going around with UAV/bans.
Entirely agree, that clip is the most stupid thing I have seen in a long time.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:39 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Entirely agree, that clip is the most stupid thing I have seen in a long time.
It should be pulled , before it draws the wrong type of attention to our hobby.

Please remove it , for all our sakes.
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:20 AM
dave2525
Australia, NSW, Caringbah South
Joined Dec 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
It should be pulled , before it draws the wrong type of attention to our hobby.

Please remove it , for all our sakes.
Couldnt agree more guys!! I dont want to start dramas but people who choose to do these foolish things should wake up and do the right thing by the entire community before you ruin it for all of us. Please remove this video from the internet before it is used as ammo against us recreational hobby enthusiasts
dave2046 is offline Find More Posts by dave2046
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:37 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2046 View Post
Couldnt agree more guys!! I dont want to start dramas but people who choose to do these foolish things should wake up and do the right thing by the entire community before you ruin it for all of us. Please remove this video from the internet before it is used as ammo against us recreational hobby enthusiasts
I have to agree on this one, being very familiar with aviation, I can tell you that doing something like this is the worst idea ever. You could actually be arrested and go to jail for endangerment if they deceded to push the issue. At best you will get a large fine.... And yes, there is a specific law against this sort of thing... Along with a lot of others that include " RECKLESS OPERATION "

If the right authorities see a stunt like this, I guarantee you they will pursue it, and make an example out of you, and very rightfully so. Flying near full scale aircraft is something that will never be tolerated and get you into more trouble than you can immagine. Do not do it ever !!!

You might as well have posted a video of you doing an armed robbery, its just a matter of time before the authorities come koncking at your door.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 13, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
Not to jump on the bandwagon here - but if you look at the comments - the FPV pilot knows the FS pilot - this was coordinated between the two. Not sure if that matters here.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
Not to jump on the bandwagon here - but if you look at the comments - the FPV pilot knows the FS pilot - this was coordinated between the two. Not sure if that matters here.
Just put in the comments ??? If I were the government guy investigating this, I would think he just put that there to cover his ass. I would interview the suspect, the full scale pilot, confirm what plane, when, etc etc. In other words, I sure as heck would not beleive it just because of some comment. Investigators are not stupid, they see attempts and cover up and distractions like this all the time.

So in the end, it is just a very bad idea to go down this road... Unless you want to be investegated and watched by the government. Good luck with that one.

This video is such a bad idea, I dont even like to see Dragon Link associated with this type of activity. I hope for everyones good , that he takes it down ASAP.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,148 Posts
I read the comments, and I do agree with what Trader MB said, this was not dangerous in any way... But it makes no difference.

The Witches in Salem hundreds of years ago were not dangerous in any way either, but they still got tried, convicted, and burned at the stake. This kind of video is just a really bad idea that will not turn out well.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:55 AM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
video is down.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:56 AM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
edit
Last edited by traderdmb; Feb 13, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:07 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
I think the message is we all have to tread carefully, especially in terms of what we post for public consumption.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:36 AM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
I understand what you guys are saying for sure. Darn, I thought I was gonna win a dragonlink rx.... :-(
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:30 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Something that should be taken into consideration is that Mike is a commercially rated pilot with experience flying commercial airliners bearing passengers. If anybody is one to judge on aviation safety, it's him.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:32 AM
United States, CA, Wildomar
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
mike pm sent back please get back to me we bought two sets I need mine checked and upgraded to work with my dx 8 I have only used it once and it didn't work I have been trying to get it sent back for 3 weeks I don't understand way it taking so long I see people post on here and u get back to them the same day
Thanks
Jon
Jonknf is offline Find More Posts by Jonknf
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:45 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
u

The only ax I have to grind is for the poor smucks who can't get there DLs to bind.

This is because (1) they are too dumb to read the manuals, or (2), they are too lazy to figure it out themselves or (3), the binding LED sequence has been changed......again(!).

The DL was put out to the end user before it should have been. All the problems could have been prevented if the firmware had been "firm" before release.

Yes, there would have still been revisions but not Chris having to write new code everyday to take care of the latest incompatability.

People do not even know which version they have. Hell, take a piece of masking tape and write what version it is so people will know.

And as for Mike being on here everyday, HA!

That's a stretch at best and an absolute untruth at worse.

He used to disappear for weeks at a time.

Finally Chris Seto magically appeared on here (did someone maybe say "Chris, go straigthen this mess out" ? I don't know but something needed to be done before the Dragon Labs brand went down the tubes so I have my suspicions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again right here,

Yes, I love my Dragon Link. Would I recommend it to someone else? Absolutely NOT. Buy a HobbyKing LRS instead. OK, not really, just a little overstatement to make a point.

BTW, lest anyone think that I have a problem with Dragon Labs let me say the the D-OSD is first rate with the support to go with it.

Oh, and have a nice day. Don't forget, you can fly higher, you can fly farther with Dragon Link......if you can figure out how to bind and calibrate it.

Unsubscribe

Yabba
So, I see a lot in here that needs to be covered. First off, nobody told me to show up here. My work arrangement for DragonLink can be described as mostly autonomous. For the very most part, I work on whatever I view as needing work. I showed up here because I wanted to help out a bit and make sure new users were on the right track. Mike never said, or even hinted that I should become present in public. If I wanted to, I could be totally anonymous to this day and I'd still be puttering along developing software and managing development. Truth is, I really enjoy what I do and I enjoy being involved. These kinds of posts are frankly offensive to make sweeping claims without any kind of inside information.

Second, the software for the DragonLink has worked since day one, at least a year before I started working for the company. 99% of the work I have done has been feature adds, not "compatibility fixes".

In fact, the only thing I have ever done that could have even been described as a compatibility fix has been the support for MicroPpm. Even that, however, falls under the category of a feature add. The DL was never designed or intended to work with MicroPpm in the first place, but it was added in by the request of our customers.

As far as bind and calibrate, I don't actually know what I could do to make this any easier. I can have a video made to demonstrate it, but otherwise all you do is hold the button until you see the LED change color.

I do appreciate that you enjoy our product, and I hope you continue to enjoy it regardless of whether you recommend it to people or not.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Any chance of a future DL RX that's just power, antenna, PPM and RSSI connections? Dunno if that would cut the price and weight down any, just thinking out loud.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522