HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Hope the latest v2 I have is not like that w/Spectrum analyzer.....

Alex,
I'll send you mine just to check? I got my v.2 from RMRC about 3-4 weeks ago.
PM sent with my address. I'll get a fast verification for you. If needed I'll see if I can filter it. In my case, the outer casing is resonating and thus all the filtration in the World isn't going to fix it. I actually put 2 filters, a low pass, then a notch back to back and it did nothing...

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:54 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,754 Posts
Alex.
I got your address.

I'll send the lastest v.2 DL UHF system to you tomorrow....
(I bought this UHF system from RMRC about 3-4 weeks ago).

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=994
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 24, 2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:57 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
What does background noise look like with the DL turned off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
I got shut down bad yesterday. I went home, hooked up my Spectrum analyzer and saw this recorded from 15 feet away. By the way, the case is resonating as well, not just the output stage.

-37dbm on 3rd order harmonic. -74dbm right on the center of my channel.

This is an old V1 that has been back for "upgrading" 3 times now all for the same issue.

Thus, I am asking you publicly: Will you please replace it? I do not want another "upgrade" that doesn't fix the problem.

-Alex
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:11 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
162 Posts
got the dragonlink v2 , it has low and high power, ive been flying fpv up to 1.5 miles on low power and see the rssi go down to 1.0v (2.8v =100%) other times go down to 2.0v in less than a mile, i thought the dragonlink is good up to 15 miles. do i have a defective unit ?
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:13 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
162 Posts
my rssi shouldnt be that low , i have the dragonlink rc antenna on the back of the tail away from all other electronics. and my rangetest results were good. past 60 feet.
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
What is your dragonlink positioned next to?
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:20 PM
Joined Dec 2010
825 Posts
Well now I'm pissed! I just had my esc go out while trying to setup my servos on the penguin. Don't know when I'll be getting another as I'm short on cash at the moment. I'll probably fall of the radar (thread) until I sort that out and continue the battle afterwards. Thanks for the help guys!

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:38 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1elite View Post
my rssi shouldn't be that low , i have the dragonlink rc antenna on the back of the tail away from all other electronics. and my rangetest results were good. past 60 feet.
how about your antenna, is it orientated correct? you say it is but is the positive side of the cable pointed in the up direction and neg pointing down?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:19 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1elite View Post
got the dragonlink v2 , it has low and high power, ive been flying fpv up to 1.5 miles on low power and see the rssi go down to 1.0v (2.8v =100%) other times go down to 2.0v in less than a mile, i thought the dragonlink is good up to 15 miles. do i have a defective unit ?
No,

This is an RSSI bug that sometimes appears with certain ID's. The RSSI will be find and every 10 seconds or so go down to almost zero. This is NOT a loss of signal, just an indication problem, the RSSI is reading between hops. So just ignore the occasional drop and use the constant reading you get. We will get this fixed in a firmware update.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:25 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
I got shut down bad yesterday. I went home, hooked up my Spectrum analyzer and saw this recorded from 15 feet away. By the way, the case is resonating as well, not just the output stage.

-37dbm on 3rd order harmonic. -74dbm right on the center of my channel.

This is an old V1 that has been back for "upgrading" 3 times now all for the same issue.

Thus, I am asking you publicly: Will you please replace it? I do not want another "upgrade" that doesn't fix the problem.

-Alex
Hi Alex,

When I upgraded your unit, I was not aware of this, and upgraded your firmware, thats all.

I have seen the RF filters fail a couple times before. It is very rare, but anything can happen. I will be happy to replace the RF filter in your unit.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:36 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Here is what the haronics on a properly working Dagon Link look like. The third order harmonic is so low that you can hardly even see it on the spectrum analyzer. We use the best filtering possible to acheive a very nice clean output from the Dragon Link.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:43 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMayDay View Post
Fair enough. Do you have dummy loads that I could purchase in the meantime?
Dummy loads are no longer shipped nor needed. Use the micropower mode for range testing. For complete instructions see the .PDF instruction manual on the first page of this thread or from the website:

www.DragonLinkRC.com

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:47 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
Ya, I didn't think I had range test. Ascended must have been mistaken when he said 6-10 seconds was range mode. Unfortunately I got mine second hand with no dummy load so... when's that firmware updating cable being released?

drumbum961, I put it into "calibration" mode (6-10 seconds with a green LED then green/red blinking) and held it between 0 and 6 feet from the Rx. No connection so it must be calibration mode?
If you have an old version with old firmware, you do have a couple options. The best thing is to get the free firmware update, this will give you the micropower range test mode. I can also send you a dummy load if you like, since I have a bunch that I do not use anymore

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:51 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Just a quick note of thanks to Mike and the DragonLink crew for updating the firmware on my V1 DragonLink. The unit was sent from my place in Sydney Australia, and returned in a day under four weeks, which was just enough time to get one or two projects sorted my end.

I bound it up and tonight and it looks to work just fine from my Futaba 10C. What remains now is to check to see that it passes the range check, and another check to see if I can now fly with my mate who also has a DL. After that, I'll be plugging it into my new Futaba 12FG to see if I can get all 12 channels working!

A quick note similar to what one other forum member posted a few days ago, the postage stamp was for US $36.90 which was well over what he'd asked for. Mike is paying us to upgrade our stuff for for us! And to top it off, I got a couple of pages of the November 2002 edition of Motor Trend to read while my unit calibrates. What a sweet deal!

Thanks Mike!!!!
Thanks for the nice comments !!! We always like to see people happy with their Dragon Link's, even the Version 1's are very nice units that will give you amazing performance.

If you are happy so far, just wait until you fly it, the new firmware is nothing short of perfection You will be able to fly with your friends, and further and safer than you ever thought possible.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:57 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,883 Posts
Quote:
This means there is an older version of the firmware on the DL right? Mine does the same and I'm guessing I have the old V2 firmware...
Yes, but this can be updated by you from your compter soon. THe update devices are at the assemblers and will be done very soon !

Mike
Site Sponsor