SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2012
65 Posts
thanks for the help. if I do not lose signal when other flies with dragon link it does not matter
gazzzz is offline Find More Posts by gazzzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2010
808 Posts
Well........ I just got my stuff ready incase we hook up on skype and look this thing over and wala!!!! it appears to be bound and working. Not really sure how that works but I would imagine it still needs to be calibrated? I'll see if I can figure out how to get it into calibration mode and let it sit for 15 minutes.

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
hello
entry is EagleTree ppm using Aileron in

http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...ead.php?t=3716
adrianleal is offline Find More Posts by adrianleal
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:17 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
V1's with upgraded firmware don't support head tracking input or high/low power - they don't have the required hardware for it.

This depends on your version. If you have one of the earlier V1's without any firmware updates, it could be. 3+ UHF systems could be a problem for it. The frequency hopping system was upgraded considerably in each new firmware release - so later V1's were quite good.
I got the update before Mike sent it to me for 8-10 months ago
gazzzz is offline Find More Posts by gazzzz
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_linste View Post
Hey, Vantasstic, does this mean you can run a single servo wire from the DL Rx to the Eagletree OSD? If so, what is the input on the OSD? SOrry if I'm way off, here. Maybe wishful thinking that I can reduce the spaghetti in there...

Thanks

Scott

input seņal ppm EagleTree aileron in. consult her
http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...ead.php?t=3716
adrianleal is offline Find More Posts by adrianleal
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:58 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzzz View Post
I got the update before Mike sent it to me for 8-10 months ago
Hmm, 8-10 months ago should certainly be fine with a bunch of radios. V2 was ready to go out firmware wise in May IIRC, so you should be running the same firmware as the initial V2's, or at least very close to it. I don't think you'll have any problems - if youre not sure put the dummy load on the TX and sit your plane about 20 metres out while the others are flying. Hold full aileron or something with it on the ground and see if it twitches back to centre at any point (assuming your failsafe for ailerons is centred.)
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961 View Post
Well........ I just got my stuff ready incase we hook up on skype and look this thing over and wala!!!! it appears to be bound and working. Not really sure how that works but I would imagine it still needs to be calibrated? I'll see if I can figure out how to get it into calibration mode and let it sit for 15 minutes.

KFM
So, the mere threat of having to deal with me got it to behave - very nice
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Heres my newest DragonLink Rig! Mounting a 1500mw 1.2Ghz VTX to keep up with DL range!
Hope to hit new personal Distance records with this one!
ELEMENT Xe Maiden Flight - Flown With DragonLink (0 min 0 sec)
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
808 Posts
Lol thats probably what the deal is do you think I should worry about calibrating it?

KFM
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:11 AM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Lol thats probably what the deal is do you think I should worry about calibrating it?

KFM
Calibration should always be done on a new RX
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Dec 2010
808 Posts
Because I never really figured out what the led was up to, I'm not 100% sure if I'm actually calibrating....... I think I might be and I suppose it won't hurt to let it sit here this way for 15 minutes.

I held the button on the dragon link on while I powered on the radio and waited about 6 seconds unti the light turned solid green and then released it. I then had a flashing red and green led on the tx. I then powered the rx and all 3 led's lit up and are solid and of course the 5th and 6th pin are connected by that little thing that comes with the system to do so. I noticed that the motor didn't make any tones with the pins connected for the calibration process.

I hope this is doing something. I'm still wondering why I'm not able to find any documentation on the led sequence I'm getting from my DL. Please clue me in when you get around to checking this thread Jettpilot. I know your a busy dude, but I could be spinning my wheels for no reason and not really achieving anything and I don't even know it.

Thanks,
KFM
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Can you please make a video with your gopro/handycam/phone whatever of the LED on the dragonlink. Hold the bind button down and then turn your radio on - film until the LED goes out.

This will change your unit ID too - but will help us figure out what is wrong.

I work for DragonLink - as does Chris1Seto - Mike isn't the only official person in this thread
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:14 AM
Joined Dec 2010
808 Posts
You bet dude, it's uploading right now! Sorry I didn't know anybody else took care of the tech questions on this thread. The thread moves so fast I don't keep up on it unless I need help.

I'll post the video as soon as she is done so you can have a look. Thanks a bunch for spending the time to help me out with this I'm gonna hit the sack after I post the video up for you. It's getting late over here and I have to get up early for work. I'll check the thread tomorrow and see what you think! Thanks again!

KFM
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:16 AM
Joined Dec 2010
808 Posts
Dragon Link LED perdicament vid (1 min 26 sec)

Apparently, I type slow lol. The upload completed before I could finish typing out that last post! Anyway, catch you tomorrow and thanks!

KFM
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:31 AM
Crashing is my thing.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
1,726 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kLID...g1XDXg&index=1

Apparently, I type slow lol. The upload completed before I could finish typing out that last post! Anyway, catch you tomorrow and thanks!

KFM
This means there is an older version of the firmware on the DL right? Mine does the same and I'm guessing I have the old V2 firmware...
MayMayDay is online now Find More Posts by MayMayDay