SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
I really would love to set my brand spanking new shiney (not really shiney) DL system in but family, GF and other issues are trying to hold me back...DAMN YOU REAL LIFE! DAMN YOU!

On the other hand..if I keep GF happy she lets me play with my planes and hex..lol
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Hi I purchased a dragonlink uhf system last week( my name is Erik Locklear) and I received it two days and am having issues connecting it. I had everything set up and plugged in correctly and I was trying to bind it by first turning on the radio, but then when I did the radio transmitter started to beep rapidly and I could watch the voltage rapidly going down. The radio I am using is a new futaba 7c 2.4ghz fasst with what seems like a built in rf module. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Erik
Eyeinthesky1 is offline Find More Posts by Eyeinthesky1
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:42 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeinthesky1 View Post
Hi I purchased a dragonlink uhf system last week( my name is Erik Locklear) and I received it two days and am having issues connecting it. I had everything set up and plugged in correctly and I was trying to bind it by first turning on the radio, but then when I did the radio transmitter started to beep rapidly and I could watch the voltage rapidly going down. The radio I am using is a new futaba 7c 2.4ghz fasst with what seems like a built in rf module. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Erik
how are you powering the DL TX? take some pic's of your set up..i really hope you hooked it correct, casue by the sounds of it, something is crossed and your battery suffered?

without the DL hooked up is it normal?

need more details!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:30 PM
United States
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Yes without the DL hooked up the radio is normal. I'm not able to get a picture at the moment, but when I hooked it up I connected the radio plug on the dragonlink to my radio via the trainer port connection I ordered with the dragon link. Do I need to turn off the 2.4ghz rf transmission? I don't understand the issue here,
Eyeinthesky1 is offline Find More Posts by Eyeinthesky1
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:21 PM
a wild pilot
Joined Mar 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
RMRC 1258/1280 400mW VTX, inverted Vee antenna
RMRC 1258/1280 4ch VRX, optimized patch antenna -or- BiQuad antenna
DragonLink (any)

If it doesn't go at least 2 miles with full control then you've installed something wrong. This combo has been proven so many times it's redundant.
Thanks for your help!
vork22 is offline Find More Posts by vork22
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:23 PM
a wild pilot
Joined Mar 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Yep, easy 2 miles, EASY. Im going to hit 3 this weekend wx permitting with that setup, and my trusty Dragonlink V2!
Thanks, John! Good luck!
vork22 is offline Find More Posts by vork22
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:26 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
Mike if you could be so kind as to check your PM's for a request I sent you.
Thanks!
I sure will !

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:32 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,334 Posts
Quote:

Erik
Hi Erik,

That is what I like to hear, fast delivery times Now for the RC radio, that is not good How do you have your Dragon Link connected ? It sounds like a direct short from what you describe... I am assuming you have it hooked up via the Futaba Trainer plug ??? If you can an ohm meter, can you unplug the trainer cord from BOTH the RC transmitter and the Dragon Link. With the cord connected to nothing, check between the RED and BROWN wires and make sure there is no short.

Given waht you say, do NOT attempt to turn on your TX with this connected any more until we figure this out. Let me know if you can do this or not, if not, I can just send you another Futaba trainer cord right away, and you can try the new one.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:22 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
Quote:
Yes without the DL hooked up the radio is normal. I'm not able to get a picture at the moment, but when I hooked it up I connected the radio plug on the dragonlink to my radio via the trainer port connection I ordered with the dragon link. Do I need to turn off the 2.4ghz rf transmission? I don't understand the issue here,
Im not sure with fruitaba, i use spektrum, i know when i plug anything in my trainer port, it cancels out 2.4 automaticly. But if there is a way to turn it off, i would.
maybe someone can give their input.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined May 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
I'm impressed ... so in other words .. you're telling me regardless of the noise in this band .. I'll still be able to reach the clouds ??... that is because of the good filteration or noise rejection techniques implemented in the DL .. and not found in other UHF systems ...

I really like how easy it sounds .. and I hope it is true .. well .. it seems to be the case

I need to make a decision quickly ... but t it is out of stock everywhere ...

Khaled

DragonLink has exceptional filtering and the RF IC's we use have very good adjacent channel rejection.

You can buy directly at http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:41 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2008
207 Posts
Hey Mike -
Could you check the PM I sent you.
Thanks
blively is offline Find More Posts by blively
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined May 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
I really would love to set my brand spanking new shiney (not really shiney) DL system in but family, GF and other issues are trying to hold me back...DAMN YOU REAL LIFE! DAMN YOU!

On the other hand..if I keep GF happy she lets me play with my planes and hex..lol
Sound like you need to get your priorities straight, RC comes first :P
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:26 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blively View Post
Hey Mike -
Could you check the PM I sent you.
Thanks
Hi,

I got your PM, and all Dragon Link equipment is fully guaranteed, I will send your replacement today

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate that.
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I am going to try my best to narrow down why your having your Problems. This is mainly about the DOSD.
Have you looked here? Ready for some reading? All jokes aside, if you have any questions, guys well try there best to figure out any Problems you have.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211816

Im stubborn to, as i dont know what apm2.5 is

.................................................. ................................................
Thank you for the great follow up

I guess in general, It's hard as a newbie, to rely on/trust info from so many different places, when it could be all found/distributed via the manufacturers website. Though learning, tinkering and discovering is all part of the fun in being a mad scientist, it's frustrating getting held back a day or two by a cable that I believe should be standardized and shipped with the osd as part of the package. So, I believe you've provided my answer.. I've installed an updated driver and program, remaining is to power the board and try it again. Thank you very much for all your help! btw, wouldnt it be nice if the osd were powered by the usb during testing?
Jimmyjames916 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmyjames916