HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:59 AM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

SHIPPING: As always, we have plenty of stock and all Dragon Link systems ship within 24 hours

PM's: I have answered all the PM's in my inbox, and cleaned it out, so if you need something, you can now send me a PM and I will get you taken care of right away ! I did loose some PM's, so if you PM'ed me in the past, and did not get an answer, plese send me another PM.

UPGRADES: All upgrades were finished and shipped back last week. NOTE: The operation of the V1 systems changed with the new firmware. Please see the new instructions for the new firmware on page 700 of this forum. It is important to calibrate and rebind your sytsem after upgrade.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:13 AM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blively View Post
Hey Mike -

I just got my version 1 back from getting the latest firmware update and now I'm having problems with the elevator and aileron channels.

The aileron channel isn't working at all. I've tested several different servos on it and also tried rebinding several times with no luck.

The elevator channels works in the middle of the stick but not at full up and full down, acts like it has a weak signal.

It worked before the update and when I remove the DL from my radio the elevator and aileron work just fine on 2.4.

Should I send it back in?
Once the system is upgraded, you will need to rebind and recalibrate. Note the binding procedures have changed. See page 700 of this thread for details.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:28 AM
Registered User
ppridday's Avatar
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2005
301 Posts
Post #10486 for those whose pages scale differently.

Paul
ppridday is offline Find More Posts by ppridday
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:29 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Once the system is upgraded, you will need to rebind and recalibrate. Note the binding procedures have changed. See page 700 of this thread for details.

Mike
Hi Mike, I sent in my V1 for upgrade in October and got it back quickly, so thanks for that. But I never bothered to rebind and recalibrate (range tests were good), and I've flown a few miles with one of the RXs successfully. Any reason to mess with success?
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:30 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday View Post
Post #10486 for those whose pages scale differently.

Paul
Just click here
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:12 AM
Registered User
flyboygaac's Avatar
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
505 Posts
This week participation for the contest - Flown With Dragon Link:

Tricopter in my usual flying spot

Tricopter at my flying spot - Flown with DragonLink (2 min 46 sec)
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I got my V1 system back last week and to my surprise one of my V1 12Ch Rx's was replaced with a new V2 Rx. He must have seen something wrong with it or just gave me a newer one out of the goodness of his heart. Either way thanks!

I have it setup on my new er9X Tx and was able to calibrate and bind the V2 Rx with my V1 DL Tx following the instructions for the LED's Mike linked to earlier. I also reviewed the manual and between these two it answered all my questions including why I could not get the new one to calibrate at first due to the mismarked channel numbers.

Just have to do some range testing and get back in the air!
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:57 PM
KJ4YYJ
EugeneFlorida's Avatar
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

SHIPPING: As always, we have plenty of stock and all Dragon Link systems ship within 24 hours

PM's: I have answered all the PM's in my inbox, and cleaned it out, so if you need something, you can now send me a PM and I will get you taken care of right away ! I did loose some PM's, so if you PM'ed me in the past, and did not get an answer, plese send me another PM.

UPGRADES: All upgrades were finished and shipped back last week. NOTE: The operation of the V1 systems changed with the new firmware. Please see the new instructions for the new firmware on page 700 of this forum. It is important to calibrate and rebind your sytsem after upgrade.

Mike
Mike,
Mine was shipped to me by you on Dec.24, 2011.
I will be flying with many others with Dragon Link.
Should I send this unit back to you to be updated, so I do not have any problems.

Thanks
Eugene
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:08 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,948 Posts
Question about changing tx ID. Is the newly assigned Tx ID random or sequential?
billyd60 is online now Find More Posts by billyd60
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Heres my video entry for Free Dragon Link V2 RX . Hope you guys enjoy

Mall cruise W / Deep Reaper Flown with ( Dragon link V 2 ) (5 min 26 sec)
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:47 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
chris1seto's Avatar
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Question about changing tx ID. Is the newly assigned Tx ID random or sequential?
Randomly assigned when you hold down the button until the LED goes out
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:40 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Hi Mike, I sent in my V1 for upgrade in October and got it back quickly, so thanks for that. But I never bothered to rebind and recalibrate (range tests were good), and I've flown a few miles with one of the RXs successfully. Any reason to mess with success?
If it works and performs as well as you want, I dont see any reason to mess with it. I am a huge beleiver that if its not broken, dont fix it The firmware I started using for systems upgraded after OCT 2012 is more critical to rebind and calibrate.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:42 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
Mike,
Mine was shipped to me by you on Dec.24, 2011.
I will be flying with many others with Dragon Link.
Should I send this unit back to you to be updated, so I do not have any problems.

Thanks
Eugene
Hi Eugene,

Most definately, send it to me for an update. The new firmware is much better for flying with others and rejecting signals from other UHF systems, and just performs much better even when you fly alone. This is well worth doing.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:43 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Question about changing tx ID. Is the newly assigned Tx ID random or sequential?
Random. We do not want you to change that ID and end up close to where you were before.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:44 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Random. We do not want you to change that ID and end up close to where you were before.

Mike
Excellent I was hoping that was the case. Thanks Mike.
billyd60 is online now Find More Posts by billyd60
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Long Range UHF RC system now avail on STOCK thomasscherrer FPV Equipment 13601 Dec 19, 2014 11:37 AM
Wanted Scherrer UHF long Range or Dragon Link patrick21x FPV Equipment (FS/W) 5 Nov 11, 2014 05:41 PM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF Long range RC system - BEST VIDEO contest for AUGUST !!! JettPilot FPV Talk 60 Aug 21, 2014 04:40 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 05:23 PM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF RC System - Video Contest JettPilot FPV Talk 63 Aug 02, 2011 11:52 PM