HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rushing View Post
Ok i have the DL working ,but now on my naza the channels are all wrong .Any one have this prob and is there a work around or a fix ?

Thanks

David
Are you using ppm in to the naza? If so, it's looking for a futaba channel mapping. Hook it up traditional style or get a futaba radio. I'm using a JR/|DL combo with my naza but hooked up traditional style, works really well.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:01 AM
Dawsonville, Georgia
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
14. Now, set the failsafe on the DragonLink RX. See the section titled “Setting the Failsafe” for more information.
a. Start with the DragonLink TX and RX on, as well as the RC transmitter. You must have a green light on the DragonLink TX, and a blue light on the DragonLink RX indicating a link before proceeding.
b. Put the sticks and switches into the configuration they must be in during a failsafe condition.
c. Press and hold the failsafe/menu button on the DragonLink TX for at least 5 seconds. (= Bind button)

Straight from the manual ... page 1 of this thread
I will give it a shot! Thanks!
buzz kill is offline Find More Posts by buzz kill
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:19 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
havent seen glass on here in awhile, but heres a vid he put out sometime ago. In this he shows how easy setting a failsafe is. As he sets a failsafe on his camera and AP. Once in Failsafe, the cam swings while hes in Low power mode.
DragonLink V2 Micro Power Mode - Range Test (7 min 57 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:58 AM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
386 Posts
I bought my DL last year around June or July. I know there has been a firmware update since then, which gives low power mode, yellow LED indicators and other stuff. Do we send our DL in to get the FW update? I don't think I want to do it my self.
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:08 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
So what happens when you take the DL tx some distance away from the RX?
Seems to get better if I move the DL Tx away from the plane by about 10 to 15 feet.

Quote:
Does the jitteriness occur with the VTX off?
As I said before, I've tried this on the bench with just the rx, a single servo, and a 4 cell ni-cd. And with the same results. So I don't think it has anything to do with video transmitter, OSD, ESC, etc.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:19 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
I bought my DL last year around June or July. I know there has been a firmware update since then, which gives low power mode, yellow LED indicators and other stuff. Do we send our DL in to get the FW update? I don't think I want to do it my self.
There are a lot of people still flying/using the older FW's.
But if you do want to get the latest heres the info.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...18533&page=700
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:32 PM
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
There are a lot of people still flying/using the older FW's.
But if you do want to get the latest heres the info.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...18533&page=700
I don't really want to update the FW unless its recommended. Is it?? The real problem I'm having is I actually have two DL V2's. one will not go into bind mode no matter what I so, but the other one easily does. I thought updating the FW would help. I guess just send it back as defective?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:34 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
yea might be a good idea and let mike have a looksy, just remember to add a note with your Probs etc..so theres no confusion.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:18 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rushing View Post
Ok i have the DL working ,but now on my naza the channels are all wrong .Any one have this prob and is there a work around or a fix ?

Thanks

David
You need a Tx that has channel mapping so you can put the PPM order in the sequence the Naza expects. This is really a Naza issue. Naza should allow you to assign the PPM input sequence so it'd be compatible with more Tx's. For me, I use a 9X with ER9X firmware and was able to easily remap my channels and my DL works perfectly with my Naza. Of course you can also just attach each individual channel from the Rx to the Naza inputs...works the same but with just more wires.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvictorfc View Post
Is DL coming with the cables to updatete rx and tx firmware when needed?
No. The cables are a separately purchased item(s).
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
No. The cables are a separately purchased item(s).
How do we order them then? I didn't see them on the website.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
How do we order them then? I didn't see them on the website.
I don't believe the download cables have been released yet. I read, a little while back, that they should be available shortly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:33 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,320 Posts
OP Check Complete. The repair and firware upgrade seem to be working. 100% RSSI out to .5 miles, when before I was getting fail safe at 1000'.

Thanks again!
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:44 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Well I got my other Tx and Rx back from firmware upgrade (this one was bought in march of 2012 it's a 12c) and both of these rx's have the rssi glitch.

Does everyone that has older hardware upgraded to the latest version have this glitch? (Rssi goes to minimum every 10 seconds) or am I just super lucky?
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:29 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2008
207 Posts
Hey Mike -

I just got my version 1 back from getting the latest firmware update and now I'm having problems with the elevator and aileron channels.

The aileron channel isn't working at all. I've tested several different servos on it and also tried rebinding several times with no luck.

The elevator channels works in the middle of the stick but not at full up and full down, acts like it has a weak signal.

It worked before the update and when I remove the DL from my radio the elevator and aileron work just fine on 2.4.

Should I send it back in?
blively is offline Find More Posts by blively