HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:37 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,597 Posts
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

We have been SUPER BUSY, and we are keeping up, producing and shipping as many Dragon Links within 24 hours. To assure we always have lots of stock on hand, we did another production run this week, which I am finishing up tomorrow. This puts our stock well ahead of sales, assuring that Dragon Links ship within 24 hours no matter how many people buy, exactly where I want to be

The downside to this is that I have been a little slow on PM's and answering some of you guys. I am working all weekend and will get this caught up quickly !

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 01, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:38 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
Hey Mike - clean out your inbox... I need to send you some information.. its important.
Can you send me an Email, I will look for it ! BTW, your RX should have arrived by now.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Dec 2011
38 Posts
Mike can yo tell me your email please
I need to put you a question about my Dragon update

Thank you
moisas is offline Find More Posts by moisas
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:45 PM
Alex USA
Joined Oct 2011
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

I remember you, and yes I included your free receiver Whenever I do rememeber someone that qualifies for friend rewards, I ship the extra receiver even if they forget to claim it.

Mike
Mike, I just received my package.
I tried to contact you guys regarding 2nd receiver - but never get an answer. I emailed, PM'ed etc.

If there is ANY way to contact you - let me know or PM me please.

DL system received - opened, binded, calibrated ... working since first touch.
Great fast shipping - 3 days !
If weather will be friendly around windy-city, will perform ground tests tomorrow and will see how it runs in the sky !

So far - THANK YOU and HELLO in DragonLink community !

Alex
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:48 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,597 Posts
Hi Alex,

I am going to be clearing out PM's tomorrow, possibly some tonight. Can you shoot me a PM as soon as they open up, and I will get you taken care of !

Thanks for the report on everything going smoothly and quickly, that is the type of result we like to see.

Once you fly, you will be able to forget all about Dragon Link, you will just turn on your plane, and enjoy flying FPV without worry of losing RC control

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:49 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisas View Post
Mike can yo tell me your email please
I need to put you a question about my Dragon update

Thank you
Hi,

It will be better if you can PM me. For full instructions of the Dragon Link update, see page 700 of this thread. I included all the new functions and LED indications there. My PM's will open up tonight or tomorrow.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:52 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
I have a Futaba 10C. It does have a servo display mode. I'm not sure that the bar graphs have enough resolution to see it though. The servos don't move much. Just one or two "steps" probably. It just concerns me that there may be something wrong. But Mike said he checked it out during the firmware upgrade and everything was ok. So I don't know. BTW, I have the old 9 channel DL rx.
Hi Brian,

I tested your system very well, and it is perfect. Make sure your RC transmitter is set to PPM mode, not to PCM.

Also, see the new instructions for binding on page 700 of this thead. If you bind the way you are used to binding, it will NOT WORK My guess is that you are trying to bind in the micro power range test mode

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:02 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Hi Mike,

I sent my V1 Tx/ Rx plus 1 V2 Rx, should be there today. I also PP'ed the payment, just check it out. Hope you notice this as I sent you a PM last week. Thanks!

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:03 PM
RCGroups FPV channel Editor
United States, OH, North Royalton
Joined Jul 2009
4,637 Posts
Mike, any word??
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Losi TEN Rally-X in the snow
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
38 Posts
Thank you for your answer Mike

I already followed the instructions of the page 700 and you already received it yesterday afternoon anyway I need to do a question so I expect until it was possible send you a pm

Eduardo

Quote:
Hi,

It will be better if you can PM me. For full instructions of the Dragon Link update, see page 700 of this thread. I included all the new functions and LED indications there. My PM's will open up tonight or tomorrow.

Mike
moisas is offline Find More Posts by moisas
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Inbox is full again Mike. Just following up on the RX.

Checking in.

JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:19 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,373 Posts
Quote:
Hi Brian,

I tested your system very well, and it is perfect. Make sure your RC transmitter is set to PPM mode, not to PCM.

Also, see the new instructions for binding on page 700 of this thead. If you bind the way you are used to binding, it will NOT WORK My guess is that you are trying to bind in the micro power range test mode

Mike
Hi Mike.

I have control of the receiver from my transmitter. No problems there. It's set to PPM and is bound to the receiver (I didn't change the binding, just did a calibration).

It's just that the servos twitch when I have the controls at rest. Doesn't seem like it should do that since it's a digital system. So the only thing I can think of is the DL Tx is so powerful that it causes interference across the servo lead when really close. Either that or the PPM stream from the RC tx to the DL tx is also being affected. As I said, if I put the dummy load on the DL Tx, the problem goes away. Clean control of the servos then. So it seems like when the power is reduced, it gets better. But I'd like to know where the problem is... servo leads on the plane, or PPM wire on the Tx.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:31 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,106 Posts
Mike,

I received my updated V2 board (and other goodies) today..Thank You so much. I'll get the old board returned to you after this weekend.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:33 PM
Brazil, BA, Feira de Santana
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Mike, you are fantastic!
Thank you for the reminder!
iurisouza is offline Find More Posts by iurisouza
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Wildomar
Joined Jan 2012
63 Posts
MIKE I've sent u pms I've asked u on here u no answer please I bought this system 8 months ago and will not work with my dx8 it flys out to about 30 meters and loses connectivity I'm about to sell it it and buy immersion Rc one
Thanks
Jon
Jonknf is offline Find More Posts by Jonknf