Joined Oct 2007
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
On their website you have the choice of buying recievers for TX bought ;

1. before 7 dec 2011
2. 7 dec 2011 <-> 7 april 2012
3. After 7 april 2012

I thought option 1 is the old v1 without upgrade. Option 2 is v1 with upgrade. And Option 3 is for the new V2.
If this is correct I have no idea , since some say i need to send in mine v1 for a upgrade.

I choice Option 2 , and that worked fine with my transmitter.

Question 2 ; shall I use the dummy plug on RX when doing calibration or not?
On the website at one place it says to use it , and on another page it says to have nothing connected.
With the V1 when you range check you have to put the dummy load on the tx and remove the antenna from the rx.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:51 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
I just had my version 12a dragon link receiver and transmitter upgraded to the latest version.

When I test rssi on the bench, with only a 4.8v battery running the rx and a single rssi connection (nothing else connected or powered up), I am getting around 2.8V with the tx about 5 feet away. However, about every 9 seconds (but sometimes every 3 or 4 seconds), the rssi drops to about 0.8v for a 1/2 second, and then goes back to 2.8v.

The rx has been calibrated per the instructions. Any ideas why the rssi is pulsing like that?
Nobody?
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:09 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,431 Posts
Hey can anyone help? My Dragonlink will not transmit anymore it just stays on the red led. It workedfinewhen I flew it last. Then I tried turning it on yesterday and its not working. It's not my radio bc my 2.4 module is working fine nd I plugged a friends DL tx in my radio and it worked fine. Any clues?
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey can anyone help? My Dragonlink will not transmit anymore it just stays on the red led. It workedfinewhen I flew it last. Then I tried turning it on yesterday and its not working. It's not my radio bc my 2.4 module is working fine nd I plugged a friends DL tx in my radio and it worked fine. Any clues?
Check the resistor on your harness. I had same issues, turned out the resistor leg was broke.
This only applies if you are using it though.
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
38 Posts
Is the radio Tx in PPM mode?
check that because if it is in Pcm mode the led stays red and Dragonlink will not transmit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
moisas is offline Find More Posts by moisas
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
I'm using this one: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1032

Works well,but you may lose some range according to the experts.
Oh, thanks! How far have you gone on this?

Mike, whats your take on it?
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:46 PM
Lt Col, USAF
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
This will work at much much reduced range. I do not like this antenna but it will work if you are less than 5 Km or so.

What would be better is to have my antenna, make the top vertical as the antenna in your picture, and just let the bottom wire hang loose. This will give you almost full range.

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post

Above is Mike's response from a couple of months ago. I don't go anywhere close to 5km with my quad. If I ever do then ill change it back to the stock antenna.
kc10kevin is online now Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,785 Posts
cool, thanks
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:11 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
He's had mine for 3 weeks. I'm hoping to get it back this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SF View Post
Hi Mike, how long does it usually take to upgrade V1 Rx and Tx to V2?

I sent in my 3 units last week and I'm eager to fly again. The weather is really nice here in the San Francisco Bay Area
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:27 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Check the resistor on your harness. I had same issues, turned out the resistor leg was broke.
This only applies if you are using it though.
No transistor just the 3 wires orange red brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisas View Post
Is the radio Tx in PPM mode?
check that because if it is in Pcm mode the led stays red and Dragonlink will not transmit
My radio is in ppm/n I plugged another Dragonlink in an bam it came right on. I plugged my 2.4ghz module in and it works fine also.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Hey guys, I'm considering buying a oracle diversity receiver to go with my DL, DOSD, and 1.2ghz system. Any thoughts??

Pros/cons??
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:

I wouldn't recommend one of these. You'll lose a lot of range compared to stock.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my DL v2 and Futaba 8FG Tx.
When I wiggle the sticks rapidly (as if I was to do a quick 3d move) the DL Rx link light goes out and the output locks up for a second or so.
Anyone seen this before? Its not a power brownout as this also happens when there are no servo's plugged in. Stressed - need this working for an imprtant day next week.

James
Firstly, update your firmware on the TX. There was an issue in earlier firmware which could cause issues if the PPM length changed too rapidly.

Secondly, try this without any servos attached. If you have large/digital servos (analogues can too but not to the same degree usually) they can drain the capacitors on the BEC and cause the receiver to lose power. I had big issues with this on my TREX-600 heli.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:30 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
Quote:

I use TBS antenna on my quad, Ive been 2.5km with it so far,

on planes I use Mikes stock ones or ones I make myself but same style as Mikes.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
The old calibration procedure didnt say anything about connecting the dummy load to the RX.
Just power on without antenna.

I see the new procedure says to power it on with dummy load.
Does it make big difference in performance?
The dummy load drops the signal down quite a bit. This makes it easier for the receiver to figure out the peak frequency. It's not required, but it is nice to do

Quote:
why does it needs to be upgraded? bought Feb 2012
There has been new firmware released since your purchase, but it should not be required to work with the receivers.

Quote:
yea who knows ... theres even a v2 rev2 rx from reading on their website..
since my tx is v1 (or what version of version 1 is it?), and it workes with v2 rx (with leds) , do i need to upgrade my tx? hmm
its all too confusing!
The V2 R2 receivers added even more power filtering for extra reliability and changed the size of the protection resistors to make assembly easier. If you're not running big digital servos or lots of servos off it, the changes wont affect you.

There has been 1 revision of the TX boards which are in production right now - mostly it just changed with width and length of the PCB to better fit the case. We undersized the PCB by about 0.5mm to allow for any tolerance issues - however we haven't seen any yet so the boards are being made wider so they don't rattle around in the case There is no reason for you to change TX if you already have V2 (given that you have high/low power and a rectangular case - you have V2.)