HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
191 Posts
Hi, Im wondering if my DL will reconize all the 12 PPM channels from the Futaba 8FG Super or the Turnigy 9exr with the enhanced firmware. I bought my DL in 2011 and I have the old 12 ch "version A" DL receiver. Thanks
FabioBrazil is offline Find More Posts by FabioBrazil
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:30 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
Unreal FPV Swift Cloud Hopping: Flown with Dragonlink (4 min 43 sec)
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Wow!

Basti -

Amazing footage!

Can't wait for part 2!
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:51 AM
Joined May 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips942 View Post
If I buy the V2 transmitter will my older style Rx (Red board) work with it as well?

BTW, thank you guys for your replies. I am starting a winter project and now Im at a full hault until i fix this problem. Upgrade or Update? lol
V1 wont work with V2. You could sell your V1 if you like the V2's extra features Or just send everything in for an upgrade.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined May 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioBrazil View Post
Hi, Im wondering if my DL will reconize all the 12 PPM channels from the Futaba 8FG Super or the Turnigy 9exr with the enhanced firmware. I bought my DL in 2011 and I have the old 12 ch "version A" DL receiver. Thanks

An 8FG is only a 8ch as far as i'm aware. The ER9X with 12ch output works perfectly, however be aware that you wont get PPM output because all the channels are used, and the HT input wont do anything.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
191 Posts
Hi Ascended, thanks for replying.

The 8FGSuper had an firmware update and can now output 14 channels on the ppm out.

A friend has it and the new DL can recognize all those channels, but my DL its an older version with the old firmware.

Theres some differences in the PPM lenght when you have only 8 channels, So I need to know if my old DL will recognize it.
Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:58 AM
Atsugi, Japan
Joined Mar 2009
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
It appears that you ordered the wrong version receiver We do sell receivers compatible with the old systems, but you must choose the correct option when you order... Since there will be shipping involved anyways, I suggest you send your TX and all RX'es back to me for upgrade. This upgrade is well worth doing, and will make your system perform better than ever See page 700 of this thread for complete details.

Mike
I will go with the firmware upgrade. Could you point me in the right direction as to where I should send everything and what the cost will be? Thanks

I appreciate the prompt reply
Phillips942 is offline Find More Posts by Phillips942
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips942 View Post
See page 700 of this thread for complete details.
Its in his reply (see above and page 700)
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:11 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
Basti, for a 100 posts your videos kick ass:-) . I swear I seen a hobbit in there lol. Keep them coming.
Thanks, my post count is a bit deceptive - been seriously into FPV for 7 or 8 months now. I don't get on here as often as I'd like, work gets in the way an awful lot. Hopefully when Uni starts again I'll have loads of boring lectures in which to come on here
basti is offline Find More Posts by basti
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:32 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
An 8FG is only a 8ch as far as i'm aware. The ER9X with 12ch output works perfectly, however be aware that you wont get PPM output because all the channels are used, and the HT input wont do anything.
Actually, the HT input on the DragonLink will accommodate 2 channels, even if there is a 12chan radio.

Channels 11 and 12 will just be assigned to the HT PPM.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Mar 2009
191 Posts
My DL has no HT its a lost release ( 12 ch version A ) isnt the version 1, neither the last one. It has 12 channels but I guess it uses an old firmware. So I dont know if it will reconize the Futaba 12+ PPM variable width.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to get one of the older 9 ch Rx's with the old firmware on it from a DL system purchased in Sept of 2011?

OR are upgrades of older systems still being processed?
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:35 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Since when does post count == experience??
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Post count is everything !!! I do not even read posts by people if they have posted less than 100 posts... I guess now I can actually watch Bastis videos and read what he says

Mike
Hope you're joking...say your at the driving range hitting a few balls. Arnold Palmer walks up and offers some tips on your stance. Are you going to ignore him and not take the advice just because he has not been to that course before? Think not. Guess my 30 years of RC experience (also worked in my dads hobby shop as a kid) is not good enough since I have less than 100 posts?
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:37 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
he's joking. But really, you're post count is <100 you must be new to RC.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Dear All

Where I can buy the HT cable and USB (for firmware upgrade) cable for DL V2?
brunors172 is offline Find More Posts by brunors172