Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:57 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
Ok guys, I have 2 VTX one in 900Mhz 500mW and the other in 5.8Ghz 200mW, I also have 2 ground stations, the 900 Mhz ground station consists of 2 receivers with an Oracle diversity, the receivers are coupled to a patch antenna and a stock antenna.
The 5.8 Ghz ground station consists of 2 RC-305 receivers (one hooked to a SPW antenna, the other to a 9 turn helix antenna) linked to a diversity.
My question is, can I take the video outputs of the 2 diversities and hook them to a third diversity?

Thanks for your inputs.
You sure can !!! You should be able to switch between different frequencies at will that way. That is the theory anyways I would definately try it, but no guarantees, as electronic eqiupment many times holds unexpected suprises

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:00 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDIBERIAN View Post
I am currently running the DL with a DX8, and if the DL gets too close to the DX8's antenna, I hear clicking noises emanating from the transmitter suggesting that the RF is not disabled on my Spektrum DX8. I use Programmable master on the trainer mode.

What should I do to EASILY disable the 2.4ghz RF? I want to use it now and then for small helicopters and parkflyers on 2.4.
I do not have a DX 8 so this is a hard question. Is there a " Trainer " mode that you can put the radio into in its computer menu ? That might disable the 2.4 GHZ part. Where is the clicking noise comming from, the Dragon Link or your RC TX ? They should be able to both operate at the same time. Just try folding your 2.4 GHZ antenna over horizontal when using Dragon Link.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:02 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321 View Post
Are you going to be able to re update these transmitters and receivers?

If not, are you going to sell them for a discounted price for people like me who fly alone?
Hi,

The Dragon Links are perfectly good, it will be the same hardware. What I will be doing is updating the firmware , but it will all be the same equipment.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:06 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
You sure can !!! You should be able to switch between different frequencies at will that way. That is the theory anyways I would definately try it, but no guarantees, as electronic eqiupment many times holds unexpected suprises

Mike
Thank you for the reply Mike, I wanted to have 2 seperate VTX for dedundancy, ideally on the same freq. but I happen to have 2 different freq.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:40 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Mike, I have a new question.
I hooked the 12 channel receiver to 2 servos, switched on the TX while pressing the black (not red) button to bind the RX, green led blinks as it should.
I powered the RX, switched off the TX then switched it back on, green led turns solid green and servos respond with stick movement.
Now, on my DX7 I select a different model, switch on the TX then the same RX and the servos move while le model is different, that doesn't sound normal does it?
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:33 PM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
345 Posts
Someone use a Voltage Protector like this one? Its effective?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16223
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:37 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
Someone use a Voltage Protector like this one? Its effective?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16223
To be effective you need an coil and a capacitor, the capacitor alone won't be too effective.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Excellent. I will probably order in next few days so will keep eye on thread to see if I should wait for new firmware

Richard
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:57 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,813 Posts
Quote:
I hooked the 12 channel receiver to 2 servos, switched on the TX while pressing the black (not red) button to bind the RX, green led blinks as it should.
I powered the RX, switched off the TX then switched it back on, green led turns solid green and servos respond with stick movement.
Now, on my DX7 I select a different model, switch on the TX then the same RX and the servos move while le model is different, that doesn't sound normal does it?
Sounds like your talking about Model Match on the Spektrum radios. Model Match ONLY works for Spektrum receivers using the Spektrum memories. Any 'add on' rf deck, like the DL in your case, don't care about model match...they will respond to any selected model memory...as long as the DL Tx and Rx are bound. In short...sounds like it's working normal to me.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:48 PM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,734 Posts
Hey Mike, I ordered a long range whip ant from you about a month ago. When I put it on the tx, I get 0% rssi. I posted up in here but got no response. I mailed it back to you at the address it was sent from and still have heard nothing. What else do I need to do? Not ranting here, but I would like an answer.
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Hey Mike, I ordered a long range whip ant from you about a month ago. When I put it on the tx, I get 0% rssi. I posted up in here but got no response. I mailed it back to you at the address it was sent from and still have heard nothing. What else do I need to do? Not ranting here, but I would like an answer.
#1. Have you done a range check with it? If your RSSI is truly 0% then you should have no-to-little range.
#2. What OSD system are you connecting the RSSI to. What pin on your Rx and verify you've got the RSSI wire connected to the proper pin on your OSD and calibrate the OSD.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2011, 09:11 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDIBERIAN View Post
I am currently running the DL with a DX8, and if the DL gets too close to the DX8's antenna, I hear clicking noises emanating from the transmitter suggesting that the RF is not disabled on my Spektrum DX8. I use Programmable master on the trainer mode.

What should I do to EASILY disable the 2.4ghz RF? I want to use it now and then for small helicopters and parkflyers on 2.4.
I use a DL with the DX8 on the trainer port. I set the DX8 to Programmable Master, but then set ALL the channels to slave.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
problema TX DL

saludos Mike.

Te envie un mensaje privado, por favor revisalo y me cuentas.. GRACIAS.
AndreyFPV is offline Find More Posts by AndreyFPV
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:04 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Sounds like your talking about Model Match on the Spektrum radios. Model Match ONLY works for Spektrum receivers using the Spektrum memories. Any 'add on' rf deck, like the DL in your case, don't care about model match...they will respond to any selected model memory...as long as the DL Tx and Rx are bound. In short...sounds like it's working normal to me.
This means that if I buy another DL RX for another model & bind it, it will work on that latter model, the first model will still work with the first DL RX, no mixing around between these 2 models, right?
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:53 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,065 Posts
Quote:
Yes, this is very normal. Your RX will respond to any model you program. The only difference is that the mixes, reverse, etc are different with each model you have programmed.

Mike
Site Sponsor