HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:24 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
I need some help with the binding. I got a new RX (newest version), and Im using the old TX with the latest firmware.

I push the button as the turn the TX on, green light starts blinking, let it go and power up the RX. All light briefly turn on, then just the 'power' light stays lit. All others are off. It wont link. Any ideas? I tried the calibration procedure with no luck.
After the upgrade, the LED and functions change, see page 700 of this thread for complete instructions on the new firmware. You will find that a good version 1 system just performs amazingly well with the latest firmware

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:26 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Gents,
What is the turn around time for an upgrade?
Thank you!
Its about a week, we are TOTALLY CAUGHT UP on everything here, and with lots of stock. That means that all new orders ship within 24 hours, and service and upgrades are done right away. No more waits for anything

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:29 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
Thanks Mike.Got it.
Now bind and when weather fine I will do test flights ,back asap with results.
Send me PM with address where to send back DL.I know it was somewhere here ,but can't find it ...1067 pages !...
Thanks for helping.Hope will all OK with new set.
Thats good to hear, and I it should work perfectly

Return the one that did not work to

Michael Bigelow
100 Giardino Drive
Islamorada, FL 33036
USA
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
My entry for this weeks contest(we're still doing that right?)

http://youtu.be/PcaI3Qb1Zfg
You Bet we are !!! We run this contest EVERY WEEK without fail. So whenever you need a new RX, just make a video... Given the quality of your videos and flying, I am sure you will be able to win as many receivers as you like

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:57 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,893 Posts
What is more important ?
The video quality or the flying quality ? ...

After i losr my plane with dl rx and hd cam ... i need a new rx ... but no hd cam ... lol
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
froots loops
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
839 Posts
My shopping is almost over for all the parts I need
my only concern at the moment is I am going to buy a naza+ gps + the dragon link v2
I want a monkey radio no extra swich buton etc.. Very Basic like what dji offer with the phantom quad.
I just hate complex remote any advise on what to get turnirgy 9x to much stuff on it
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:38 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
My shopping is almost over for all the parts I need
my only concern at the moment is I am going to buy a naza+ gps + the dragon link v2
I want a monkey radio no extra swich buton etc.. Very Basic like what dji offer with the phantom quad.
I just hate complex remote any advise on what to get turnirgy 9x to much stuff on it
Most radios now are computer that allow to use the same radio on multiple airplanes. The DJI type one is one radio, one aircraft. You have two aircraft, you'll need two radios. For $50 +shipping the 9X is a very nice radio. You can leave it as simple or make it as complicated as you want.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:48 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
You Bet we are !!! We run this contest EVERY WEEK without fail. So whenever you need a new RX, just make a video... Given the quality of your videos and flying, I am sure you will be able to win as many receivers as you like

Mike
hahaha!! thanks mike I need one for my sailplane, I'm tired of the 72mhz leash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
What is more important ?
The video quality or the flying quality ? ...

After i losr my plane with dl rx and hd cam ... i need a new rx ... but no hd cam ... lol
It's based off views, which I think works well. This way, even if you aren't the best pilot or video editor, you can still get alot of views. For instance if you have a really funny or amazing crash, or if you flim something cool. That said, good flying/editing never hurts, lol.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Help please

Hello am Adrian Leal
of Mendoza, Argentina

buy recently Dragon Link V2, with new enhancements
Sorry for my English, translated with Google.

wanted to know how to connect and if I can connect this headtracking I built this site :: http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...rackin+con+pic

Please if you can send me an outline and connecions to use other ports of the Dragon Link and get better performance.

Happy! Christmas and good year for you
adrianleal is offline Find More Posts by adrianleal
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:25 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
After the upgrade, the LED and functions change, see page 700 of this thread for complete instructions on the new firmware. You will find that a good version 1 system just performs amazingly well with the latest firmware

Mike
Any other suggestions for binding?

I hold the button down as I power up the tx for 5 seconds (holding it for 7 makes it go to calibration mode (red/green)). The light flashes green. I plug the rx in, all light come on, then just the power light stays on. This is with all antennas attached and the plane separated by about 15 feet. I'm not sure what's going on..
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
I need a second dragonlink Rx, can I get a new type if I have an old type Tx? I have no idea when I got it in, but it is in the black case but without the power switch. It only has a button on the outside.

Can I just upgrade the firmware of the older Tx and Rx to match the newer Rx?
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:30 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,721 Posts
ashdec87
I binded in this manner and it worked! :-)

Binding

In this section, we will bind the RX to the TX. This process programs the RX so that it knows the ID of the TX it is intended to work with.
The following steps will bind the DragonLink TX and RX:
1. Start with both the DragonLink TX and RX powered off.
2. Press and hold the bind/menu button on the DragonLink TX.
3. While holding the button, turn the DragonLink TX on.
4. Wait at least 5 seconds, or until the LED turns YELLOW and then release the button. (Blinking GREEN is very LOW POWER mode).
5. The DragonLink’s LED should now be flashing YELLOW. If it isn’t, restart the process from step 1.
6. Power on the DragonLink RX.
7. The DragonLink RX’s “status” LED will come on.
8. Power cycle the DragonLink TX.
9. As soon as the DragonLink TX comes on, the DragonLink RX’s “status” LED should go dark.
10. Power cycle the DragonLink RX.
After power cycling the DragonLink pair, you should have RC control over the receiver. This can be tested by putting a servo on channel 1 of the DragonLink RX. On most RC transmitters, this will map to the throttle stick, which can be moved up and down to set the servo’s position.
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
well my tx doesn't have a yellow light, just a flashing green. The rx status light never stays on
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:58 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,877 Posts
edited for a mistake.
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Last edited by JohnVH; Jan 03, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
wait, use the jumper for BINDING, not just calibration?

And the colors are different because I have the older tx, not the new one.