Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:12 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
I always fly FPV while seated with the radio TX on my lap, now is it safe with the DL.
I don't intend to make children anymore, just wanted to make sure there's no health hazard with this powerful device.
And the above needs a responsible answer.
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:43 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
And the above needs a responsible answer.
This device isn't any more powerful (I believe) than most transmitters. The freq is nothing to worry about either. 2.4G would be more of a problem 'cause that's in the 'microwave' frequeny an I've not heard of 'sterile' fliers because of 2.4G radio usage. Fly and be happy. Actually, your cell phone is probably worse for you than the DL.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Mar 2009
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Frank,

We are actively working on this, I am actually doing some testing on this very thing today. Firmware will be soon, and it will be for both the TX and RX. I will have to do this here, but I will make it easy and fast for everyone. Here is how it will work, I will send a new Dragon Link, when the new one with update arrives, you send the old one back. This way no one is without thier Dragon Link, and no waits for it to cross in the mail.

Mike
Good news Mike,
I am following this thread having doubts whether I should order DL or not bc I fly with my friends most of the time,
Now my question is should I place the order today or wait for the updated bunch?
HagayB is online now Find More Posts by HagayB
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:05 AM
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Guys, could i connect the the rssi from DL rx directly on the "voltage in" from a HK simple osd ?
Gustavovon is offline Find More Posts by Gustavovon
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:45 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to power and connect servos to my receiver, the instructions on the DL site is for the old 9 channel receiver, I have the new 12 channel receiver, can someone help me pls.

Thanks.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:46 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
This device isn't any more powerful (I believe) than most transmitters. The freq is nothing to worry about either. 2.4G would be more of a problem 'cause that's in the 'microwave' frequeny an I've not heard of 'sterile' fliers because of 2.4G radio usage. Fly and be happy. Actually, your cell phone is probably worse for you than the DL.
Thanks Lee.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:54 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
345 Posts
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how to power and connect servos to my receiver, the instructions on the DL site is for the old 9 channel receiver, I have the new 12 channel receiver, can someone help me pls.

Thanks.
Here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post19530934
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
OK, I measure each outer pin to ground (middle one is +) and found that all the pins facing the channel markings are connected to ground so i assume they are -.
Therefore the opposite pins are the signal, is that right?
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,883 Posts
Quote:

Thanks.
Look here: http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/27 . Click on the tab labeled INSTALLATION, look for and click on the type of receiver you have. You should find the info you're looking for there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:56 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
Thanks, I was right with my measurements too.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:22 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Look here: http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/27 . Click on the tab labeled INSTALLATION, look for and click on the type of receiver you have. You should find the info you're looking for there.
Thank you Lee.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:23 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Frank,

We are actively working on this, I am actually doing some testing on this very thing today. Firmware will be soon, and it will be for both the TX and RX. I will have to do this here, but I will make it easy and fast for everyone. Here is how it will work, I will send a new Dragon Link, when the new one with update arrives, you send the old one back. This way no one is without thier Dragon Link, and no waits for it to cross in the mail.

Mike
If this ain't world class service, what kind of CS is this? Thanks, Mike. Looking forward to the updated firmware. You rock!!!

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:29 PM
United States, IN, Evansville
Joined May 2001
1,765 Posts
I just received my Dragon Link. I will be testing and fine tuning my FPV setup on a vehicle before moving to the air. A few questions...

Is the dummy load the gold colored cap that is screwed onto the transmitter?

Also, what are the included resistors for? I am going to hook this up to my Hitec Eclipse and I assume they are for a feature I do not need.

Thanks,
Kenny
kenny_dilger is offline Find More Posts by kenny_dilger
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:43 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_dilger View Post
Is the dummy load the gold colored cap that is screwed onto the transmitter?
Yes. Don't loose it. Never turn on the DL without either the dummy load or antenna attached...else risk harm done unto the DL rf deck.

Quote:
Also, what are the included resistors for? I am going to hook this up to my Hitec Eclipse and I assume they are for a feature I do not need.

Thanks,
Kenny
The resistor is needed for (mostly) Futaba radios to pull up the PPM signal high enough for the DL to use. Don't install the resistor unless it doesn't work without the resistor. Go to: http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/ and click the INSTALLATION tab...select your Tx type and follow the instructions...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:49 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
I finally got my DOSD back and can see my RSSI again, now for a new problem. In my new Skywalker setup, I went 2 miles out and my RSSI was around 50-60%, and there were momentary drops below 40%

I had the exact same setup in my Easystar, but it used to get 70-80% RSSI during the same exact flight path.

The antenna is even set up much better in the SW, it goes to the edge of the wing and poles are vertical, with positive sticking UP.

The DragonLink RX is sideways inside the plane and is close to the DOSD board (similar to my Easystar setup). Already checked for any loose connections.

What sucks is I lost my dummy cap. Any troubleshooting techniques?
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3