SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
371 Posts
iS IT SAFE TO BUY A DRAGON LINK V2?? ALSO WHERE CAN I GET THE ORIGINAL DRAGONLINK???
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
i'd suggest doing a video of your binding process, your wiring etc, including the LEDs while you're trying to bind. do a narration while you're doing it. Upload to youtube or your site of choice and post it here, it will help greatly in other DL users helping to diagnose the problem.

Sometimes it's the little things that we miss, and something like a video would help immensely
That's a good suggestion. I just might have to do that.

I made some progress though I think.

My receiver light is solid red and blinking blue and green alternately. What does this mean? It only does this on chan 12 when I have my Naza's PPM port connected (x2).

What's going on here now? Solid red blinking green and blue...

EDIT: Problem appears to be in the "Trainer" menu of my Futaba 9chp Super. For some reason the Trainer options only include "Off" and "Inh". It is missing the "On" option. This is necessary to communicate controls through my Futaba to the Dragon Link via the trainer port. You can view the problem here if you want to see it your self:
Futaba 9chp Super Trainer Port problem with Dragon Link (1 min 18 sec)
Mike aka JettPilot is doing a great job giving me top notch support as well so Dragon Link is not at fault here.
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Last edited by TimeTrave1er; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: New information
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post

My receiver light is solid red and blinking blue and green alternately. What does this mean? It only does this on chan 12 when I have my Naza's PPM port connected (x2).

good question, i haven't received my DL yet so when i get it and i'm having problems i'll be recording a video of me bashing a brick into my head while hitting buttons! of course i'll upload for all to giggle over
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:59 PM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
371 Posts
anyone know where I can buy the original dragon link??? (not the v2)
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redodedo View Post
iS IT SAFE TO BUY A DRAGON LINK V2?? ALSO WHERE CAN I GET THE ORIGINAL DRAGONLINK???
try the classfields section
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
Poland Gdynia
Joined Feb 2009
373 Posts
Please help me because I send e-mail to the dragon link and do not get a reply: (
I sold my old dragonlink (I want to buy a new one) and the receivers have been me but they probably will not be compatible with the new dragon link what do I do?

These have 3pcs

And so recently I ordered and had to be compatible with the old transmitter (but is not)

kefir is offline Find More Posts by kefir
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:29 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post

You've got me on the LEDs. I've never seen what you're describing...so let's back up a little.
1. Make sure you radio is in PPM mode...not PCM or anything else.
2. When you power up your DL Tx, what color(s) is the DL LED on the Tx? It should be ready then quickly turn solid green. Red indicates power but no PPM. Solid green indicates good PPM into the DL.
3. Describe the EXACT steps you are doing when you calibrate and then when you bind. Don't skip anything...list it exactly like you're doing it.

I use my 9X with DL and Naza via the PPM line and it works perctly. YOU HAVE TO be able to rearrange your channel mapping to match what the Naza is expecting. If you can't channel map your Tx then you can't use the PPM on the Naza. This IS a Naza limitation, not a DL limitation.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redodedo View Post
Redodedo, I really wouldn't hesitate to buy the newest version at all... I bought mine mid-oct and love it. I recently found that I was having an intermittent signal conflict when the antenna was in a certain position, but a proper ground wire and whip antenna cleared it right up.

I found it very easy to install on my DX7 (I wired it internally, just for personal preference) but the calibrate and bind process worked for me right out of the gate. I did make a video of the calibrate and bind process, but didn't post it because it worked so easily. I can post if anyone thinks it would help.

I'm definitely getting another DL Tx for my other Tx and a 3rd receiver for my Schraut5 wing...

Best Regards
Shoen
Helishoen is offline Find More Posts by Helishoen
Last edited by Helishoen; Dec 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Now I know why Van likes Turnigy

OT but This needs to be posted.

And with DL you can do it farther and more worry free then ever before
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
OT but This needs to be posted.

And with DL you can do it farther and more worry free then ever before
I have no idea what that chinglish was supposed to mean, but...the 9X and ER9X firmware makes for a really veratile system. I use it over my MPX Exo Tx!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,080 Posts
Chinese version of dear Abby?
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Wasted all day trying to get solid blue. Please help:
System:
8FG - connected to TX via trainer port, TX in Low power mode, long whip antenna.
RX - has little yellow box under logo, but outputs PPM on channel 9 not 12.
Link works, but intermittent.

Calibrate, change ID, bind done multiple times. Sometimes get condition of blue led blinking constantly (every second or more often). Best so far is solid blue, but RSSI shown on OSD drops out every 7 to 10 seconds. RX also has blue led go out at that time.

PS: Did a LOT of reading.. tried many suggestions from others with similar issues. No luck. One thing I've noticed is that there seriously needs to be a table/chart/post to clearly list differences in firmware/versions. Could my RX FW be incompatible with TX?
rognut is offline Find More Posts by rognut
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rognut View Post
Wasted all day trying to get solid blue. Please help:
System:
8FG - connected to TX via trainer port, TX in Low power mode, long whip antenna.
RX - has little yellow box under logo, but outputs PPM on channel 9 not 12.
Link works, but intermittent.

Calibrate, change ID, bind done multiple times. Sometimes get condition of blue led blinking constantly (every second or more often). Best so far is solid blue, but RSSI shown on OSD drops out every 7 to 10 seconds. RX also has blue led go out at that time.

PS: Did a LOT of reading.. tried many suggestions from others with similar issues. No luck. One thing I've noticed is that there seriously needs to be a table/chart/post to clearly list differences in firmware/versions. Could my RX FW be incompatible with TX?
When and where did you get your system? It's been a long time since PPM out used ch9. It sound like you may have a V2 Rx with early (pre-calibration) V2 or V1 firmware. Can you post a picture of your Tx an Rx?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Apr 2008
5 Posts
Mike

I sent you my Dragon Link equipment to upgrade version 1 to version 2.
I checked the shipping number track and the equipment was delivered to you on 27/11/2012.

Post Traking Number: RQ247281128BR

I did the payment using Pay Pal for cost for return international shipping US$ 25,00.
Any information please contact by e-mail:

If possible, when you send the Dragon Link, please send to me the post track number, for me follow the shipping.

I sent more information in a private message.

Best Regard,

Anderson Pedra (Brazil)
Anderson Pedra is offline Find More Posts by Anderson Pedra
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Can't take pic right now, but will post one later if needed.
RX says "v2.81" on it. Purchased November.

Can I update firmware myself? (done it before for various systems)
Where can I download firmware and instructions for RX update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
When and where did you get your system? It's been a long time since PPM out used ch9. It sound like you may have a V2 Rx with early (pre-calibration) V2 or V1 firmware. Can you post a picture of your Tx an Rx?
rognut is offline Find More Posts by rognut