One of my many videos from YouTube
carlocivicsi is online now Find More Posts by carlocivicsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
1,976 Posts
Not to be rude but that is perhaps one of the worst transition effects I have ever seen in a video. It is hard on the eyes (sudden bright flash) and actually almost looks like interference. The video as a whole has some nice stable flying with interesting shots, though.
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:14 AM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
509 Posts
CCR and Skywalker. Meant to be?

These transition effects are not only easier on the eyes, but on the ears as well...

FPV Flooded Bryants Park - Who'll Stop The Rain (8 min 3 sec)
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:39 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzGIVPJaEI

One of my many videos from YouTube
Where was that taken ?
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:09 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Not a bad ass long range video. But a best for me so far. Taking baby steps to get there.
Thanks DL

Bixler FPV maiden testing the 1.3g gear Flown with Dragonlink (3 min 43 sec)
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:54 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Watt View Post
Somewhere back in this thread, someone described how to clean the bind button by submerging it in alcohol and working it about. I don't remember the details, but its back there somewhere in this thread. Several people tried it and it fixed the problem straight away.
That's for the information ... I will go a searching. Maybe some gunk from the manufacturing of the bind button, preventing it from making good contact when pressed.

edit: found the post from oct 29 2012, post# 13868, if anyone has the same sort of issue.

When it comes to "alcohol" .. what are we talking about there ... isopropyl alcohol??, methylated spirits, methanol, or a nicely aged single malt??
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Last edited by kaz1104; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
BUTTON ON TX DIRTY

We found in the past some buttons got dirty in the manufacturing process. For the past several months, we have been cleaning them all and protecting them with anti corrosion before shipment, for many years of trouble free operation. Whenever see see some problem more than a couple times, we do whatever it takes to fix it.

If you have a TX with a dirty button, the fix is easy. Take the top 4 black screws off of the Dragon Link case, and slide the board out with the top plate. Take the top right corner of the unit where the button is, and dip it in Isopropyl Alchohol, and work the button around. Let it sit one minute, and dip it again and work the button. The LED will get wet, which is OK, but do your best to NOT get the rest of the board wet with alcohol. In other words, just dip that corner, not the entire board !!!

After you have done this, take a rag and dry the button and the corner as best you can. Then let it sit for a couple hours to COMPLETELY DRY before turning it on. I do not recommend heating it, because it is very easy to overheat it and damage something. Just let it sit for a couple hours and it will be perfect

I ask the user to do this fix because it is so quick and easy, and saves weeks and a lot of money in shipping. Do not worry, your system is FULLY GUARANTEED, and if this process goes horribly wrong, I will fix your transmitter for free, this will not void your warrenty.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:54 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,061 Posts
Thanks Mike .. I appreciate the advice. I do have some isopropyl alcohol, and I will give it a try .... and I will save the single malt for me ... medicinal purposes only, of course .
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
789 Posts
Hey there!

I'm trying to install my new dl v2 on my 2.4 native 9503. I'm using the method I'll link to below to install it. I can't find the right wire end to fit the plug that I need to tap into for ppm. Anybody know where I can find something I can crimp onto the end of a wire lead that will fit that orange colored plug?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...iorfboard.jpg/

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
DragonLink outflew my video link today, so I was able to turn back before losing signal. Thanks DL!
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
also known as ke123
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
This is happening to me as well. Sporadically.. Brand new v2...my v1 is in for upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helishoen View Post
Tx conflict ? Mike / Dragon Link Users,

I seem to have a Tx conflict... As you can see in the video, when the DL tx is hanging next to the DX7 Tx I lose signal when I move the antenna (& LED flashes red). However when the DL Tx hangs away from the DX7 there seems to be no loss.

Anyone else run into this... any Ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLPE6WzARo
krise is offline Find More Posts by krise
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helishoen View Post
Tx conflict ? Mike / Dragon Link Users,

I seem to have a Tx conflict... As you can see in the video, when the DL tx is hanging next to the DX7 Tx I lose signal when I move the antenna (& LED flashes red). However when the DL Tx hangs away from the DX7 there seems to be no loss.

Anyone else run into this... any Ideas?
This is RF getting into your RC Transmitter, which make it stop producing PPM, which is why the Dragon Link LED is going RED.

What you need to do is one or more of the following:

Ground the Dragon Link ground wire to the RC transmitter. It may not be well grounded though the DSC port. I would run a ground from the Dragon LInk ground to a ground inside the RC transmitter.

Use the longer antenna that comes with the Dragon Link. This will change the RF situation.

Fold down the 2.4 GHZ antenna on the RC trnasmistter down, in your video it was parallel and very close to your Dragon LInk antenna, a perfect way to pick up RF and pump it into your RC transmitter.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard033 View Post
I have Eagle tree GPS it will be located at least 24" from the DL Rx

Anyone here have expieriance with this camera and DL

650TVL HD Effio-E DSP SONY CCD
Im not sure what to expect after using the Pixim
And will there be any issues with UHF?
Many cameras put out noise on UHF, but its not very strong. Usually a little distance, say 12 inches is enough seperation. Depending on the Camera, you can even use less seperation if you are not flying super long range.

Of course, the best way is just to fly and make sure you do not get failsafes.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello everybody,

I always set the fail safe for all my DragonLink RX's, but this time isn't working...
I'm doing like in the manual "...press the button for 5 seconds..." I even went to 10 seconds, but the settings like I want, aren't being stored.
All the functions on this RX are working great the 2 LED's are always solid. I really have to use this RX because he is very buried in the fuselage.
The TX is a Turnigy 9X with a solid green led on the DragonLink unit.
Any suggestion is welcome...

All the best,

Geotete
You should see the LED on your Dragon LInk transmitter turn red to set the failsafe. Make sure you are pressing the button hard enough to get the RED LED. It if does not turn red, the failsafe is not being set.

You are doing this correctly no ? With everything powered on, full antennas, full RC control, and everthing operating normally ???

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:00 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard033 View Post
What ranges are you flying at with that setup?

I'm using 500mw 1280 CP but I'm considering a new VTx...
I would like to fly in the5-10 mile range as a taget
I want to avoid interferance with my DL
I fly 1.2 GHZ with Dragon LInk with awesome results !!! Most of the very long range flights were with 1.2 GHZ video and Dragon Link, no problems using this frequency.

Mike
Site Sponsor