HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Hi Mike, sorry for posting here, but your InBox seems to be full.

Could you please confirm dispatch of my DragonLink RX? I ordered a new one on 3rd December.

Many thanks,

Ian
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Jun 2010
426 Posts
Please Mike provide any info about my replacement is already 27days when You send me replace system ,and nothing here yet.Any tracking info.

PLEASE !!!...

13.OCT.2012 I order DL V2...got it faulty and is already 2 months without properly working LRS.
Got PM from You Mike about replace send 20.NOV.2012 -still nothing ??
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:30 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdogangle View Post
First 5km, then 6km, now 7km. Woo hoo! Zero glitches from my Dragonlink!

Skywalker FPV flight from you-know-who!

This video is NOT to be included in the weekly contest, Mike. It's just another vid to help guys with problems know that it is worth it once they are up and running!

http://youtu.be/2t5M0SSt1Fs
another great flight, its a pleasure to watch, your methodical process to increasing range very cool. thanks
angry is online now Find More Posts by angry
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
I need some help updating the firmware on my v2 Tx. I keep getting CRC failed error. I have used 3 different computers 2 running windows 7 and on on xp. I am using the FTDI from HK that has the dtr pin. What am I missing?
Beerwiser is online now Find More Posts by Beerwiser
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
what do you need to update it for?
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:24 PM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
what do you need to update it for?
Planes and quad copters fall from the sky when using the DL. The DL has been on a DX8, 9x and a 9xER all with the same problem. Changed Id calibrated rebound etc etc nothing has helped. The only thing that works is my stupid Specktrum.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
my DLv2 isnt updated and nothing falls from the sky, I think you may have other issues?

Only issue I have with DL is it interfers with my 1.3g VRX bad, now I have to buy filters
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:53 PM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
my DLv2 isnt updated and nothing falls from the sky, I think you may have other issues?

Only issue I have with DL is it interfers with my 1.3g VRX bad, now I have to buy filters
I am open for suggestions. The quad and planes will drop flying los with out any fpv gear on. If I run specktrum los I have no problems.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:55 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
you bound and calibrated them? How was your range check? Did you get your 20-30'? (I get more), when your tx and rx are powered up what do you get for lights on the rx? and are they solid?

What antenna, lets see the setup

The thing I had to figure out was the lights and times given in the manual for settings were not 100% for me.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
On the bixler I get 40-45 paces on a range check, antenna is out the tail with the center pin facing up. I am using the antennas that came with the system. I change id, calibrate, then bind. I have a solid blue light when all is done. Even if it were a range issue, it should not be happening as close as it does. I can post pictures tomorrow, but I don't believe it is necessary. I have the very first v2 out, so this is why I want to do the firmware. It is the only thing left to do.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:43 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
On the bixler I get 40-45 paces on a range check, antenna is out the tail with the center pin facing up. I am using the antennas that came with the system. I change id, calibrate, then bind. I have a solid blue light when all is done. Even if it were a range issue, it should not be happening as close as it does. I can post pictures tomorrow, but I don't believe it is necessary. I have the very first v2 out, so this is why I want to do the firmware. It is the only thing left to do.
May be you have a problem with your power supply, don't you change anything else other than DL when you switch your radio gear ?

On mine I only add a small LC filter, and it was enough to kill the power to 4.6V when my servos were moving, may be your LOS radio can go as low as 4.6v, but DL doesn't like.

You should check that
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GLADUS63; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:04 AM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
Had several different power supplies including a CC bec, plus it does it on the quad copter. I have tried every possible combination, the dragon link is the only common item between the combinations, which is why I am wanting to do the firmware. I still need to find out why I get the crc error trying to update.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Had several different power supplies including a CC bec, plus it does it on the quad copter. I have tried every possible combination, the dragon link is the only common item between the combinations, which is why I am wanting to do the firmware. I still need to find out why I get the crc error trying to update.
A stupid question, but have you tried to download again from dragonlab the firmware, may be the file is corrupt ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:20 AM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately had to download it on each of the 3 computers I tried it on. This is the first batch of the v2 which also leads me to think it is a firmware (I even had the choice of a v1 or v2 system when I bought ).
Last edited by Beerwiser; Dec 17, 2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately had to download it on each of the 3 computers I tried it on. This is the first batch of the v2 which also leads me to think it is a firmware (I even had the choice of a v1 or v2 system when I bought ).
So may be you should send it to Mike for update ?
Can you upgrade your receivers ?
RCG Plus Member