HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:27 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote cathay stray
I WANT a DL, OK?
I DON'T WANT a DL on such conditions as Mike offers (waiting for months and alike).
Consequently, I want a DL preferably from some other (better) seller, but oops, there is only one.

Wrong -- if you don't want to buy from Mike get it here
http://www.urbandrones.com/Dragon-Li...Kit_p_166.html
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Last edited by helichoper; Dec 17, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:35 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,830 Posts
Readymaderc.com also sells them but they are out of stock.

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chanyote66; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
New video for the contest! Zephyr 2 flight in the clouds at sunset.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2QCYnTqOo
Nice video! Low clouds is rare in TN

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray View Post
..Then hire a couple of helpers. High demand? - that's a dream for most business people who would normally respond to this challenge with increasing their production/sales capacity. Unable to handle it? - pass it to the one who can. Customers must not suffer no matter what.
Things grow faster than I can type...

I'm not a business man...just a lowly electronics repair tech. I do understand, though, that more people means more overhead, means less profit, means higher prices, means less people will buy because of increased price and competition, means less sales, means less profits, means, less employes, means less product, and the cycle continues.

These things are niche products...not something the everyday, common consumer could care less about. There's a balance between product, support, profit. They can't all be meet at everyones exacting and demanding expectation. Heck, big companies that DO have the facilities, finances, and production capabilities can't always keep up with demand, support, and quality...Apple and IPhones come to mind here.

Sorry, I'm old, it's getting late,past my bed time and, based on my Avatar, I need all the beauty rest I can get. Enjoy whatever you get, wherever you get it, go fly, and have fun...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:42 PM
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
I have been sitting back watching the battle over the thread and only come as a neutral piece of information.

Mike does run a small business. Most small businesses in the United states run from homes or use home addresses for billing, transactions, and communication. The cost in the united states of commercial real estate is blown way out of proportion.

DragonLink, is Hand made by the people in his shop here in the united states. With this comes the overhead of building and testing each one. Yes, some may slip through the cracks that have a problem here or there, that is understandable for any product.

The demand for VIP service, rather than just ordering online through his site sort of rubbed some people the wrong way on here. Van is a very loyal DragonLabs customer and tries to help everyone that is having problems. Reading back through your posts, I did not see any statement of ordering the product and just wanting a tracking number like many here. All I saw was a complaint which may have been triggered by the frustration of dealing with the various LRS vendors. They all have a very high demand for their product and have little time to chat with potential customers. That is why myself and a few other loyal customers try to help the new users.

If you want to fly with the best equipment, It sometimes takes time. Patience is one of the biggest things I learned from FPV. without patience, you wont ever get to use DragonLinks full potential... you dont do long range flights by simply saying "I want to be there now!"

Hopefully mile will have some down time and can answer any questions you have.
Chris
Thanks Chris for a good reply.
I appreciate the tone of your voice (which I so often fail to handle well).

Still there is something I'm trying to bring up with very limited success so far:
COMMUNICATION.

All you said about small businesses and alike is a matter quite well known to me. Been there.
I have not bought anything yet, of course. I have a good habit (one of very few good habits in an ocean of bad ones) - never pay before I know exactly what/when/how I will get, and who I will contact in case things go wrong. Been through one dispute with the credit card payment years ago, once was enough for me, I did my homework. Is this anything like demanding a VIP service?

Mike resurfaced yesterday in this thread. Did he address any issue - no. All his steam went through the whistle instead of turning the wheels. To me, it was an additional proof of his inability/unwillingness to establish and keep communication at decent level.

We are all imperfect humans running imperfect businesses. I am not ashamed to call my customer and tell him I am failing to meet a deadline. I know it is bad but it is much better than leaving a customer in the dark.
We - me personally at least - can be very forgiving and flexible when treated like people mot like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on horse manure. Talk to us one by one. Address our issues. This is what we were waiting for, not for some new videos.

Something like that.
Too much about it. Seems like there is no understanding reached on most of the points, really.
Anyway thanks Chris. Your reply was a humane one.
Cathay Stray is offline Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:47 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
Anyways.............

flohio great video! Planning to win again ic....
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
730 Posts
What makes me laugh is the people on the forums do 99 percent of the support for this product anyhow. How would they cope without us and the forum? I think we should have a cut lol.
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:17 AM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
1,005 Posts
Hello, everyone! I need your help or advice... My DL is not working properly. I tryed everything, no result. Contacted Mike throught my friend ua3xds on 11/19 and received an answer from Mike: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14645

and then a month of silence... no tracking number, no information that my replacement DL is send... no PM responses... tryed to open paypal claim, but 45 days are expired...

Yesterday I posted the message to Mike again and again no response...

I would like to send broken DL back and receive a new, pre-tested and working one. What should I do for that?
mwnn is offline Find More Posts by mwnn
Last edited by mwnn; Dec 11, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
I WANT a DL, OK?
I DON'T WANT a DL on such conditions as Mike offers (waiting for months and alike).
Consequently, I want a DL preferably from some other (better) seller, but oops, there is only one.

Wrong -- if you don't want to buy from Mike get it here
http://www.urbandrones.com/Dragon-Li...Kit_p_166.html
TOTALLY FALSE INFORMATION

I ship all Dragon Link systems within 24 hours, this has been the case for almost a year now.

I am the manufacturer, any system you get comes from me, no matter who sells it.

Please edit your post, I have no use for false information in this thread. If you are just a troll and do not correct it, you will lose all credibility, and people will just stop paying any attentiont to what you post.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnn View Post
Hello, everyone! I need your help or advice... My DL is not working properly. I tryed everything, no result. Contacted Mike throught my friend ua3xds on 11/19 and received an answer from Mike: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14645

and then a month of silence... no tracking number, no information that my replacement DL is send... no PM responses... tryed to open paypal claim, but 45 days are expired...

I would like to send broken DL back and receive a new, pre-tested and working one. What should I do for that?
Your new replacement was sent. As we all know, the mail and customs in Russia can be very slow sometimes. You will not be forgotten, I will check on your replacement, and make sure it arrives to you, and you will be flying further and safer than you ever thought possible.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:05 AM
Aleksandr
Joined Oct 2012
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Your new replacement was sent. As we all know, the mail and customs in Russia can be very slow sometimes. You will not be forgotten, I will check on your replacement, and make sure it arrives to you, and you will be flying further and safer than you ever thought possible.

Mike
do you have tracking number?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnn View Post

Hi,

Yes, I do have your tracking number. Your replacement was sent on 23 November 2012, and the tracking number is RE917840145US

It was sent to the address Aleksandr gave me. I tracked it, and it has left the US on 1 December with no further information. This is what the tracking looks like when Customs is slow, as they are for christmas. When it is released into the Russian mail system, you will see further progress in tracking.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:20 AM
Aleksandr
Joined Oct 2012
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Yes, I do have your tracking number. Your replacement was sent on 23 November 2012, and the tracking number is RE917840145US

It was sent to the address Aleksandr gave me. I tracked it, and it has left the US on 1 December with no further information. This is what the tracking looks like when Customs is slow, as they are for christmas. When it is released into the Russian mail system, you will see further progress in tracking.

Mike
thank you very much!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:20 AM
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
Quote:
TOTALLY FALSE INFORMATION

I ship all Dragon Link systems within 24 hours, this has been the case for almost a year now.

I am the manufacturer, any system you get comes from me, no matter who sells it.

Please edit your post, I have no use for false information in this thread. If you are just a troll and do not correct it, you will lose all credibility, and people will just stop paying any attentiont to what you post.

Mike
Errrrr...., sorry Mike, who was that said to?
Me or the one who directed me to an alternative shop?
And (ahem) is there anything you can say to me as long as you are here now anyway?
Cathay Stray is offline Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray View Post
Errrrr...., sorry Mike, who was that said to?
Me or the one who directed me to an alternative shop?
And (ahem) is there anything you can say to me as long as you are here now anyway?
To the person that posted this very bad information.

Mike
Site Sponsor